Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2013, 06:29 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Actually Black Liberation which Obama church teaches, says that whites should deny their whiteness.

what Black Liberation Theology is and Obama's beliefs.

Black theology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is the kind of crap that causes problems. If this was to be tried, it would be a long hard bloody fight.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:32 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No one ever said life was fair. That being said, I'm not Bill Gates. I don't go by the idea of "Life isn't fair, get used to it". I say "Since life isn't fair, I'm going to do something about it. I can't just accept things as they are".
You can't make life fair and it's unreasonable to expect it to be fair. Far better to accept that it is not fair and do what YOU have to to get ahead. If that means you have to do more, then you do more. Life, simply, is not fair. Unfortunately, we've raised our kids to think it should be and it never will be.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:32 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If aptitude has anything to do with it, then why are Blacks Africans among the most educated groups in America?

And why do you ignore other posts I've made to you?

I don't like the behavior of some "ghetto" Blacks either. However, I know more than you where this behavior comes from. And I also have experience with underclass rednecks. I've even been victimized by some of them in school. I've seen both sides. Perhaps your issue is that you live in the Pittsburgh area.
It's time to stop whining about wher the behavior comes from.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
I will not dispute the above, but I will offer a couple of counterpoints.

Regarding African slave traders: The excuse "when they sold their slaves to the Europeans, they didn't realize the treatment they were going to receive." does not fly. These tribes captured slaves and traded them for European goods. They sold human beings for goods. We don't really know much about how Africans treated POW's and slaves historically, because they didn't really have a writing system throughout a majority of west Africa prior to contact with the blue eyed devil.

Regarding American treatment of slaves: Slaves were a major investment, a major asset. Plantation owners needed to ensure their slaves were housed, well fed, and healthy enough to pick their crops so they could make a living. Also, many freed slaves owned slaves themselves e.g. William Ellison and many freed men in New Orleans.

As for groups being superior/inferior to others, a glance at the historical record shows us that slavery, sexism, violence, racism/tribalism, war, etc. is not unique to any one culture/race, it is present in all of us. The Jews/Liberal whites in the West have convinced their populations that the evil white man is the cause of all human sorrow.
You don't really expect blacks to believe real history, do you? I am not justifying slavery in the least, but most slaves were treated pretty humanely, but of course there the exceptions, brutal slave owners were sick puppies who got of on beating people. It was not the rule, but revisionist would have us believe blacks were the most oppressed, worst treated people in history. I say, look to the Irish, who were oppressed by the English for over a thousand years and still some to this day. Every ethnic group has been oppressed at some point and has gotten over it. I could go on, but am short on time.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:57 AM

347 posts, read 695,964 times
I don't think anyone should feel guilty for being white. But they should recognize the facts. You were born with what others had to fight for or at the very least demonstrate they were worthy of:respect.
Don`t take that privilege for granted or assume it does not exist.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewitchisback View Post
I don't think anyone should feel guilty for being white. But they should recognize the facts. You were born with what others had to fight for or at the very least demonstrate they were worthy of:respect.
Don`t take that privilege for granted or assume it does not exist.
Whites fought for their rights also, ever hear of 1776. We also fought for others freedoms, ever hear of the civil war, WWl, WWll.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:53 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It's time to stop whining about wher the behavior comes from.
If you don't know where the behavior comes from, then you can't do anything about it. You see, by me doing research, listening to people who have made out of the ghetto, and looking behind the statistics, I can learn more, and I have a better understanding of things. It is the first step in trying to do something about it.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:53 AM

651 posts, read 705,394 times
I would not want to be any other race. We put men on the moon and many other races are still dancing around fires with sticks. Although its not far off what many religions do. LMAO

Old 02-17-2013, 07:56 AM

142 posts, read 205,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
You can't make life fair and it's unreasonable to expect it to be fair. Far better to accept that it is not fair and do what YOU have to to get ahead. If that means you have to do more, then you do more. Life, simply, is not fair. Unfortunately, we've raised our kids to think it should be and it never will be.
Speak for yourself. I have not raised my kids to think life is fair. I have raised them to know it isn't and to realize that in some situations, some people might see them as sticking out like a sore thumb instead of blending in. Now, with that said, do kids always listen? No. Some kids are headstrong no matter what. The best we can do is talk to them and stand firm our beliefs. Whatever they decide to do from there is their choice.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:57 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Why do you assume this is all about dark skin? Did you bother to actually look into this is or did you start running off at the mouth regarding those that you have the most personal issues with? LOL.

Last time I checked there are people of all backgrounds involved this...

Unfair Campaign Response - YouTube
Uh; it's the "dark skin" losers who blame racism for them being losers. An anglo white or even a "white Hispanic" person who tries that BS would be laughed at by both Black AND white people. Sheesh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.