Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2013, 09:01 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
By the way depictions of cavemen have been going on since the 50's, remember the Flinstones, or the GEICO cavemen mascot, even Captain Caveman. You probably got more that I just don't know (or care to).

If you can't understand that Hanna Barbera was not a out to provide an accurate historical depiction of pre-historic human species, then maybe you need to stick to your cartoons and let the grown folk talk about history.

Or maybe you can next inform the board about how Fred Flintstone STOLE the idea for a human powered car from the peaceful Umbaki-Bantujambo tribe that rode on hovercrafts in Africa 20000 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL
And those "afrocentrists" are definitely educated, I see though the information is getting to your emotions

Stormfronters are ALSO educated.... they're just educated WRONGLY. You and your type are the flip side of the same coin of agenda peddling ignorance as any other "centrist" or race-obsessed "pophistorian". For example, since you didn't deny it before, do you believe Napolean shot the nose of the Sphinx the way Kanye West said in that song of his?

You're not looking for historical accuracy, you're looking to boost your self esteem and looking to correct inferioirty complexes that were foisted upon you by your experience as a minority in the United States. I get it. I really do. I'm grateful I don't have that cross to bear. But you can do that by studying ACTUAL AfriCan American and AfriCan history. Not your mystical mumbo jumbo crap that would get you laughed out of a reputable university setting. When you graduate highschool (or get your GED, whatever it is you're working on right now), you will learn someday.

But please, do recognize that people who know what they are talking about will be able to call you so very easily. Save your ignorance for The Grio or Bossip where you might find an audience eager for your misinformation.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:39 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erehs059 View Post
Well, I guess there's the common "my race is better than all others" argument.
The "my race is better than all others" argument, you have to understand where that comes from. Anyone who thinks like that does so because, well, it's about power and control over others. It is important to understand how racism, prejudice, discrimination, and bigotry work. I've been saying this for a while now. And you have to understand how it has historically worked. Hitler believed in racial supremacy. He was looking for "the master race". It was about power and control over others. He hated the Jews and wanted to get rid of them. His thought process was "get rid of them so we can have the power". He extended this to Poles, and other people he deemed as "sub-human". Racism is a pathology about control.

People who think in terms of "my race is better than everyone else" think as such because they want to justify discriminating against others different from them. Those who have power often think that way because they are looking for a reason to justify things such as "I don't hire Blacks", "I'm not selling this house to you because your Black", or in some extreme cases, genocide has taken place. Money is often seen as power. One way people have kept power over others is to control who gets the money, who gets to make money, who gets political enfranchisement,etc.

One must understand that bigots, racists want to discriminate because of a blood lust for control and power.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:53 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
This is a bunch of nonsense, but it is a university so the student can lodge their opinions either way. The whole "unfair to be white" thing is the most prevalent form of racism today. It was built around a failed logical conclusion, a non-sequitur. It flows from: all people with power and wealth in the US are white; therefore, all white people are predisposed to power and wealth. It is not "white people" who have an unfair advantage. It is people with generational wealth who have an "unfair" advantage. It's the kids who go to expensive private schools with other wealthy kids. When they graduate from school they get jobs with their parents, friend's parents or friends who are now CEO's of their parent's companies. The classic "old boys club". They use their friends as their bankers and lawyers for their companies and the wheel turns along. And where it is true that most of the people in this country with that kind of generational wealth are white, it is not true that the "old boys club" people will give a outsider white kid a chance before an outsider of any other race.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:18 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; it's the "dark skin" losers who blame racism for them being losers. An anglo white or even a "white Hispanic" person who tries that BS would be laughed at by both Black AND white people. Sheesh!
In other words, you can't admit that you were way off based about who was involved in this campaign. It's alright...it's obvious you have some issues going on there. All that anger toward dark skin people and no one in the video was that dark at all. LOL.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:16 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,073,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Thank you, no. I know what side my bread is buttered on. White bread and yellow butter.
What do YOU think I am saying?

Old 02-17-2013, 11:49 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
What do YOU think I am saying?
Just come out and say what you mean.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:48 PM

799 posts, read 1,095,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
If you can't understand that Hanna Barbera was not a out to provide an accurate historical depiction of pre-historic human species, then maybe you need to stick to your cartoons and let the grown folk talk about history.

I merely disputed a claim you made that there are popular depiction of cavemen, but 10,000 BC and other moveis tried to make a historical-fiction type of film of Neanderthal people.

Or maybe you can next inform the board about how Fred Flintstone STOLE the idea for a human powered car from the peaceful Umbaki-Bantujambo tribe that rode on hovercrafts in Africa 20000 years ago.

Stormfronters are ALSO educated.... they're just educated WRONGLY. You and your type are the flip side of the same coin of agenda peddling ignorance as any other "centrist" or race-obsessed "pophistorian". For example, since you didn't deny it before, do you believe Napolean shot the nose of the Sphinx the way Kanye West said in that song of his?

You're not looking for historical accuracy, you're looking to boost your self esteem and looking to correct inferioirty complexes that were foisted upon you by your experience as a minority in the United States. I get it. I really do. I'm grateful I don't have that cross to bear. But you can do that by studying ACTUAL AfriCan American and AfriCan history. Not your mystical mumbo jumbo crap that would get you laughed out of a reputable university setting. When you graduate highschool (or get your GED, whatever it is you're working on right now), you will learn someday.

I don't listen to Kanye West, not really a fan of his so I wouldn't know of that claim, though history supports the claim of Napolean shooting the nose off of the Sphinx, you do know the French also has slavery in their history, they probably were upset about The Haitian Revolution and the "embarrassment" of losing from the Slaves. I'm not looking to boost my self-esteem, but I am gaining knowledge and history and thus looking at the given/fed history that I've been given from this government in a different light. And please inform me of the "mystic mumbo jumbo" you're referring to.

But please, do recognize that people who know what they are talking about will be able to call you so very easily. Save your ignorance for The Grio or Bossip where you might find an audience eager for your misinformation.

And yet you nor anyone one else for that matter can do so, quit typing...
You have not refuted not one bit of claim that I brought up nor have you brought any evidence that this is made up claims.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:59 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
The origins of the taco are really unknown

Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-c...the-Taco-Come-

Oh and 17th century Mexico I doubt what you assume are the Mexicans now looked like that then.

Barbeque - History of Barbecue

Says indians of some kind invented bbq...so what people are you referring to? Either way I love some tacos and bbq. Going to eat bbq tomorrow for v day with the wife.
1) Smithsonian...? I dont need no stinking smithsonian!

2) When did I say anthing about Mexicans?

3) speak of assuming...you are assuming I am or I am NOT part of those very groups you listed...

4) I am referring to MY people...who invented Tacos and BBQ.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:17 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,142 times
When I hear someone talking about being proud that they are of a certain race I immediately know that they have done nothing themselves in which they can take pride so they must hang their "pride" on something over which they had no control.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:20 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,783,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
When I hear someone talking about being proud that they are of a certain race I immediately know that they have done nothing themselves in which they can take pride so they must hang their "pride" on something over which they had no control.
imao, a good amount of American "laws" where based around controlling blacks... they feared the blacks would come up and try to kill them.

I can't take this post or the OP seriously, typical trolling bait CD style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies