Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2013, 03:35 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,073,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
As black liberation states by the founder..

"A white man who is in power cannot be a Christian, unless he gives up that power and give it to the black man" - James Cone on Black Theology
If you want to see what that looks like, study Rhodesia, now called zimbawe, I believe. A Mecca of prosperity and freedom it, most certainly, is NOT.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:35 PM

73,041 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Thank you, no. I know what side my bread is buttered on. White bread and yellow butter.
What exactly are you saying?

Old 02-16-2013, 04:08 PM

142 posts, read 205,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
I will not dispute the above, but I will offer a couple of counterpoints.

Regarding African slave traders: The excuse "when they sold their slaves to the Europeans, they didn't realize the treatment they were going to receive." does not fly. These tribes captured slaves and traded them for European goods. They sold human beings for goods. We don't really know much about how Africans treated POW's and slaves historically, because they didn't really have a writing system throughout a majority of west Africa prior to contact with the blue eyed devil.

Regarding American treatment of slaves: Slaves were a major investment, a major asset. Plantation owners needed to ensure their slaves were housed, well fed, and healthy enough to pick their crops so they could make a living. Also, many freed slaves owned slaves themselves e.g. William Ellison and many freed men in New Orleans.

As for groups being superior/inferior to others, a glance at the historical record shows us that slavery, sexism, violence, racism/tribalism, war, etc. is not unique to any one culture/race, it is present in all of us. The Jews/Liberal whites in the West have convinced their populations that the evil white man is the cause of all human sorrow.
I'll say being housed and thought of as a product became psychologically and physically detrimental over time.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erehs059 View Post
I'll say being housed and thought of as a product became psychologically and physically detrimental over time.
That definitely did it to people.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:13 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,887,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by never-more View Post
One should step into other's shoes before saying such things.
If you read it again, you might notice I was walking in their shoes which why the post. You must be one of the lazy who found it easier to make excuses and hold your hand out for the free stuff..!
Happy slumming...

Old 02-16-2013, 08:10 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,554,254 times
Who ever said life is fair?

Old 02-16-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Who ever said life is fair?
No one ever said life was fair. That being said, I'm not Bill Gates. I don't go by the idea of "Life isn't fair, get used to it". I say "Since life isn't fair, I'm going to do something about it. I can't just accept things as they are".

Old 02-16-2013, 08:35 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Kind of stui pid thing as it seesm that it tells other not to bother. Seems maybe asian do not listen well tho.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:28 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If aptitude has anything to do with it, then why are Blacks Africans among the most educated groups in America?

And why do you ignore other posts I've made to you?

I don't like the behavior of some "ghetto" Blacks either. However, I know more than you where this behavior comes from. And I also have experience with underclass rednecks. I've even been victimized by some of them in school. I've seen both sides. Perhaps your issue is that you live in the Pittsburgh area.
Perhaps you should ask a direct question if you want a response. I actually live about 20 mi north of Pittsburgh and I would say the black population in this area is about 35%, lower middle class. I wish I knew where there behavior comes from, because to me there is no rhyme or reason to it and it is destructive at best. Please inform me as to how this behavior came about??? I would think people would want better for themselves, but I don't see it. As for rednecks, they are mostly located in the rural areas and are not an issue for most.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:22 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
Honestly, you have to be realistic about this whole situation. If we want to agree to something you need clout of some kind to match your counterpart. As Blacks in Amerikkka don't have no home country, no country of their own, no country they can look to as an ally. You can't expect for a government to take our request seriously, no they don't care about their civilians they only care about money, power, and resources. So with that said we need to be forceful.
Fight harder academically and you will succeed, The prep school in Chicago is a perfect example of how hard work and persistence pays off. No one said freedom and success would be easy. You are acting like whites are your enemy. We are not. I love seeing young people go after an education, it is the only way out of poverty, and I wish more young blacks would take note. Pick a dream and go after it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies