Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 02:28 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,086,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Banning assault rifles is not against the Constitution. Banning all guns, including all handguns, revolvers, pistols, etc. would be.
You say that it is only against the constitution if they ban ALL guns. Does that mean if they only decide to leave us one muzzle loader type gun then our 2nd amendment rights have not been infringed upon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 02:38 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,462,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Actually, I have a prediction to make.

The first state that actually passes a loony tunes law like that, will be the first state to see a 80% decrease in population.

They will all move to another state.
Well, we've already been having a big reverse-migration back to OK, TX, MO, and the other redneck havens. Maybe this'll help ''accelerate'' the trend (and will probably lower our welfare rolls too)!!

Old 02-14-2013, 02:40 PM

68 posts, read 51,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Well, we've already been having a big reverse-migration back to OK, TX, MO, and the other redneck havens. Maybe this'll help ''accelerate'' the trend!
Redneck havens like Portland, Denver, and Las Vegas?.. Hmmm...

Old 02-14-2013, 02:44 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,835,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Most gun violence is with hand guns. I smell agenda. If the Constitution is abridged in one state, all states are fair game
Standby for a wave of increased crime! Because I'm certain the bad folks will comply with this law.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:46 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
CA has no problem passing unconstitutional laws.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:00 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
One moronic legislator in California to try to Ban all Semi-Automatic Guns, Confiscate Firearms and Limit Ammo Sales

Fixed it for you.
Fixed. I have trouble believing that even a back-asswards state like CA would actually come close to getting something like this through. In every state you have some dumb-azz legislators throwing out goofy legilsation to score points with one supporter or another.

Should it gain traction...time to feed the hogs.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:03 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,371,679 times
Pretty soon we're all gonna wake up and find this country has 275 million more criminals.

And then, we'll all thank God they're armed.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:09 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,462,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepsis View Post
Redneck havens like Portland, Denver, and Las Vegas?.. Hmmm...
Wherever floats their boat, just as long as it ain't here (especially since it's no coincidence that most of the poorest counties here also just happen to be among the most conservative ones, which usually includes the gun nuts)!

So maybe if we're lucky, conservatives will boycott the state... kinda like the boycotting of AZ by Libs (albeit with less money)!

Old 02-14-2013, 03:12 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,402,861 times
Welcome to California where if you are a pregnant daughter or wife of a drug cartel leader in Mexico you can skip over to California and give birth, and your kid is by default a citizen and given amnesty and free health care and free schooling and free housing and free food but if you are natural born citizen who has never been in trouble you will be jailed with a felony for having a gun that the 2nd amendment itself says is a right for a citizen and will be forced to pay for insurance, fees and licenses if certain liberals have their way.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:19 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,788 times
I pity the bureaucrats who are tasked with disarming law abiding citizens.

I wonder who will volunteer for that job?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies