Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 03:22 PM

1,360 posts, read 2,952,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
You say that it is only against the constitution if they ban ALL guns. Does that mean if they only decide to leave us one muzzle loader type gun then our 2nd amendment rights have not been infringed upon?
If passed, I think this would immediately be challenged on Constitutional grounds. This would make an effective militia virtually an impossibility, being that semi-auto rifles and handguns are standard issue for the ordinary foot soldier.
I wonder, are those who will be turning in their semi-autos going to be reimbursed? Can Ca afford this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 03:31 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
California to Ban all Semi-Automatic Guns, Confiscate Firearms and Limit Ammo Sales

Can anyone point to the specific legislation that articulates the confiscation of firearms?

I don't bet. But if I did, I would bet this bill is not going to fly in California.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:35 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,738,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
No they won't. States pass ridiculously stupid laws all the time.

stupid politicians pass stupid laws everyday,stupid people vote stupid politicians into office

Old 02-14-2013, 03:45 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,402,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
California to Ban all Semi-Automatic Guns, Confiscate Firearms and Limit Ammo Sales

Can anyone point to the specific legislation that articulates the confiscation of firearms?

I don't bet. But if I did, I would bet this bill is not going to fly in California.
It may not fly, but the fact that there are those who would want this passed namely liberal type democrats , it shows their true colors. It is particularly irritating to see a police chief stand along side these politicians at a conference with smug looks on their faces while their police use the weapons to fire multiple rounds into a pickup truck with unarmed women in it and they say "only police should have weapons like these".

I know not every Californian is a liberal, I know not every liberal is anti-gun, but it is almost ALWAYS the liberal progressive democrats who want to disarm citizens while arming the police, and give aid to criminals. What wacked out alternative world do they live in where they think it is just that a drug dealers wife can give birth by skipping the border and they are then owed free medical, schooling, housing and food while a natural born American citizen who has never done anything wrong is made instantly into a felon because he owns a certain gun?

Old 02-14-2013, 04:21 PM

57,321 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:

Good point, rather short on details but don't let facts get in the way of another "they're coming for our guns" thread.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:10 PM

5,663 posts, read 5,092,159 times
Is it required to register "sporting rifles" in Kalifornia? Wow, ... just, wow!

I just received 25 more 30-round mags for my ARs. Lucky find. And UPS just delivered 2,000 rounds of bulk ammo today. For the range. Again, a lucky find since it's in short supply.

So I'd now be a major felon in the land of fruits and nuts?

Old 02-14-2013, 05:12 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Actually, I have a prediction to make.

The first state that actually passes a loony tunes law like that, will be the first state to see a 80% decrease in population.

They will all move to another state.
Yea. Yippee. Just what we need. More displaced Californians. Lol

Old 02-14-2013, 05:28 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
I pity the bureaucrats who are tasked with disarming law abiding citizens.

I wonder who will volunteer for that job?
I hope they have long hair.........

Old 02-14-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
stupid politicians pass stupid laws everyday,stupid people vote stupid politicians into office
I sure can't deny any of that...........

Old 02-14-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:

Maybe not just now, but in a little while we will be pointing at Dianne and Barbra....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies