Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2013, 12:32 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,312,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
Huh? The Laws of God
There are no gods

Quote:
and nature oppose homosexuality, PERIOD
Homosexuality occurs in nature. Period.

Quote:
To be SPECIFIC, it's wicked, perverted, vile and Filthy.
Wicked, perverted, vile and filthy heterosexuals can get married.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:55 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,890,228 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
There are no gods

Wicked, perverted, vile and filthy heterosexuals can get married.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:51 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
There are no gods

Looks like that pretty well sums up the gay mindset. Animals do it, we are animals, so why not do it.

Besides, there "are no gods" (lower case 'g').

However, whether you admit it or not, there IS a God. He cannot be denied out of existence.

As for "marriage" being more equal than "civil union"...I asked earlier what the difference is under the law and nobody came back with an answer.

I'll ask again: What does "marriage" give you, legally, that a civil union does not.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:02 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,339,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
However, whether you admit it or not, there IS a God. He cannot be denied out of existence.
Firstly, homosexuality IS natural as it occurs (obviously) in nature. It is perfectly natural for those who are homosexual. Left-handedness is also a deviation from "the norm" but it is entirely natural (although due to hatred, fear, ignorance and bigotry, it too was once considered an abomination.)

Second, your assertions about your deity are ludicrous to the extreme.

No human knows whether or not a god or gods exist. Not you, not me. Nobody.

Whenther or not god(s) exist is something for which there is exactly zero evidence. None whatsoever. Beyond that, to claim that your particular god (I'm assuming Yahweh) is real and all others are false is baseless, infantile nonsense.

Beyond that, if there is a benevolent, omniscient, omnipotent god, then for whatever reason this being has seen fit to populate the world with homosexuals. They exist, God supposedly knows all, therefore they cannot be a surprise to God.

Quote:
As for "marriage" being more equal than "civil union"...I asked earlier what the difference is under the law and nobody came back with an answer.

I'll ask again: What does "marriage" give you, legally, that a civil union does not.
Well, just for starters:

•The right to federal benefits. States that allow some type of same-sex union are able to grant only state rights. The Defense of Marriage Act passed in 1996 prohibits same-sex couples from receiving federal marriage rights and benefits.

•Portability. Because civil unions are not recognized by all states, such agreements are not always valid when couples cross state lines.

•Terminology. "Marriage" is a term that conveys societal and cultural meaning, important to both gay rights activists and those who don't believe gays should marry.

There are scores of legal benefis granted by marriage that are not part of civil unions. Educate yourself, please.

And again I will state the facts:

There is not one single reason to oppose same sex marriage that isn't born of hatred, fear, ignorance, bigotry or some combination of those things. None.

To preclude consensual, adult same sex couples from marrying based solely on their gender is the very definition of discrimination and bigotry.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:07 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Looks like that pretty well sums up the gay mindset. Animals do it, we are animals, so why not do it.

1000+ federal protections and benefits are not given to civil unions, as civil unions are not federally recognized.
Here is a small partial list.
Quote:
Whether or not you favor marriage as a social institution, there's no denying that it confers many rights, protections, and benefits -- both legal and practical. Some of these vary from state to state, but the list typically includes:
Tax Benefits
Filing joint income tax returns with the IRS and state taxing authorities.
Creating a "family partnership" under federal tax laws, which allows you to divide business income among family members.
Estate Planning Benefits
Inheriting a share of your spouse's estate.
Receiving an exemption from both estate taxes and gift taxes for all property you give or leave to your spouse.
Creating life estate trusts that are restricted to married couples, including QTIP trusts, QDOT trusts, and marital deduction trusts.
Obtaining priority if a conservator needs to be appointed for your spouse -- that is, someone to make financial and/or medical decisions on your spouse's behalf.
Government Benefits
Receiving Social Security, Medicare, and disability benefits for spouses.
Receiving veterans' and military benefits for spouses, such as those for education, medical care, or special loans.
Receiving public assistance benefits.
Employment Benefits
Obtaining insurance benefits through a spouse's employer.
Taking family leave to care for your spouse during an illness.
Receiving wages, workers' compensation, and retirement plan benefits for a deceased spouse.
Taking bereavement leave if your spouse or one of your spouse's close relatives dies.
Medical Benefits
Visiting your spouse in a hospital intensive care unit or during restricted visiting hours in other parts of a medical facility.
Making medical decisions for your spouse if he or she becomes incapacitated and unable to express wishes for treatment.
Death Benefits
Consenting to after-death examinations and procedures.
Making burial or other final arrangements.
Family Benefits
Filing for stepparent or joint adoption.
Applying for joint foster care rights.
Receiving equitable division of property if you divorce.
Receiving spousal or child support, child custody, and visitation if you divorce.
Housing Benefits
Living in neighborhoods zoned for "families only."
Automatically renewing leases signed by your spouse.
Consumer Benefits
Receiving family rates for health, homeowners', auto, and other types of insurance.
Receiving tuition discounts and permission to use school facilities.
Other consumer discounts and incentives offered only to married couples or families.
Other Legal Benefits and Protections
Suing a third person for wrongful death of your spouse and loss of consortium (loss of intimacy).
Suing a third person for offenses that interfere with the success of your marriage, such as alienation of affection and criminal conversation (these laws are available in only a few states).
Claiming the marital communications privilege, which means a court can't force you to disclose the contents of confidential communications between you and your spouse during your marriage.
Receiving crime victims' recovery benefits if your spouse is the victim of a crime.
Obtaining immigration and residency benefits for noncitizen spouse.
Visiting rights in jails and other places where visitors are restricted to immediate family.
Marriage Rights and Benefits | Nolo.com

Here is the list according to the GAO.
http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d04353r.pdf

Old 03-23-2013, 07:45 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,312,440 times
Quote:

However, whether you admit it or not, there IS a God. He cannot be denied out of existence
Humans are animals.
There is no evidence for the existence of any god.

These are facts that are not proven untrue based on your simple insistence.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:53 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,575,564 times
Quote:
There is no evidence for the existence of any god.

I don't actually agree with the position southward bound is maintaining here, but I feel it's only fair to point out that, by definition, the existence of God is a matter of faith, not evidence - or at least, not in the sense you mean the term.

Obviously, if DOMA is overthrown and/or same-sex marriage is made the law of the land, in the interests of religious freedom it will be necessary to construct the "new" marriage in such a way that it does not force people to act contrary to their faith. I don't think any serious proponent of gay marriage is suggesting that churches should be forced to preform matrimonial ceremonies in violation of the tenets of their faith.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:08 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
Huh? The Laws of God and nature oppose homosexuality, PERIOD

To be SPECIFIC, it's wicked, perverted, vile and Filthy.

And all the EVIL (un) politically correctness agenda wil not and cannot change that fact.
Your understanding of the Laws of G-d is wrong. You no doubt cherry pick out of context, English verses of the Bible to support your position.

There is nothing wicked or perverted about being gay. I hope you don't actually consider yourself a Christian, seeing as you yourself are ignoring Jesus' very teachings. Hypocrisy much?

Old 03-23-2013, 09:32 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Wolf View Post
I'm not----scared--of gays marrying

Why do you use that term to disparage anyone who disagrees with you?

I am not ----scared-- of multiple people entering into the same marriage.
I am not----scared---of relatives marrying either.

However, if our govt is going to sanction them under govt laws, I as a citizen have the right to express my opinion.

( I am not--scared-- of capital punishment, but I do state my opinion on it , also )

Why are you implying people are --- scared..?
Because it's the defacto offensive strategy for every progressive. When someone disagrees with them, on anything, they're labeled "phobes." Yet, they can promote immorality, trash religion, ridicule family values and traditional marriage, despise the right to life, and they are praised as being enlightened somehow. If you do not agree 100%, or have differing opinions, then you are a phobe and afraid of their self-righteous belief system. They have become rife with hypocrisy, repeating everything they've been taught to believe, even if it's nonsense. They are the product of a corrupt immoral system.

The basic truth is that they hate religion and are themselves afraid of it. Imagine the implications; if God is real, and extramarital affairs are a sin... etc.

Gays just want to have equal rights!
If a civil union includes all the benefits of a marriage, then why is the term marriage so important? Because it removes the religious sanctity of the act of marriage. The vast majority of LBGT are atheists, and traditional religion doesn't align with their all-important lifestyles. Removing the fundamental aspect (God) from marriage is the actual goal.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:48 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

Gays just want to have equal rights!
If a civil union includes all the benefits of a marriage, then why is the term marriage so important? Because it removes the religious sanctity of the act of marriage. The vast majority of LBGT are atheists, and traditional religion doesn't align with their all-important lifestyles. Removing the fundamental aspect (God) from marriage is the actual goal.
Evidence of the bolded? Marriage has no religious significance in the United States. It was brought by the Puritans as a secular institution because they opposed Christianity being involved with it.

Why do you argue that gays are destroying the "sanctity" of marriage, but it's perfectly legal for anyone to get a drunken wedding at a drive through Elvis chapel, or have multiple marriages and divorces? Is Britney Spears' 55 hour marriage sanctified by G-d? It was perfectly legal.

Your hypocrisy and double standard is sickening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies