Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2013, 09:49 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Your understanding of the Laws of G-d is wrong. You no doubt cherry pick out of context, English verses of the Bible to support your position.

There is nothing wicked or perverted about being gay. I hope you don't actually consider yourself a Christian, seeing as you yourself are ignoring Jesus' very teachings. Hypocrisy much?
Lev 20:13 is clear on homosexuality. Just because it's the Old Testament doesn't change the premise of God's position on it.

In the end right will be wrong and wrong will be right.

Jesus said "You shall follow the LORD your God and fear Him; and you shall keep His commandments (OLD Testament), listen to His voice, serve Him, and cling to Him."

Do you consider yourself a Christian?

"But the false prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has counseled rebellion against the LORD your God who brought you from the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of slavery, to seduce you from the way in which the LORD your God commanded you to walk."

Last edited by steven_h; 03-23-2013 at 10:27 AM..

Old 03-23-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Evidence of the bolded? Marriage has no religious significance in the United States. It was brought by the Puritans as a secular institution because they opposed Christianity being involved with it.

Why do you argue that gays are destroying the "sanctity" of marriage, but it's perfectly legal for anyone to get a drunken wedding at a drive through Elvis chapel, or have multiple marriages and divorces? Is Britney Spears' 55 hour marriage sanctified by G-d? It was perfectly legal.

Your hypocrisy and double standard is sickening.
I'm a hypocrite for stating the obvious? Your revisioning everything to suit your beliefs and call me the hypocrite. You chastised another poster and claimed that he "isn't a Christian" based on your anal view of religion. And yet, I'm the hypocrite.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
There are no gods

Homosexuality occurs in nature. Period.

Wicked, perverted, vile and filthy heterosexuals can get married.

Maybe you should talk to Fiyero, becuase he doesn't think you exist.

BTW, something also exists in nature for only one species. It's called self-awareness (the knowledge of right and wrong) and the only species with such ability is man.

Gays prefer to deny that man is special to justify their ignorance. But hey, if they feel they're not above that of a box crab, it would explain a lot.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:05 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,872,913 times
I think there are probably many gay people who have the same exact concerns, and who do NOT support it.

To me, all the supporters of it, whether gay or straight, seem like a giant ship of fools.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:10 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Because the liberal idiots in this country are not going to be happy until they have ripped every moral fiber of the fabric that used to hold this country together and helped to build it. I think they look at a family with a mother and a father and happy, healthy children and it makes them angry. I honestly believe that a family like mine is their enemy and they believe everything to do with why their lives are so messed up.

I'm a Democrat for many reasons, but these liberal idiots who have hitched their wagon to MY party make me sick.

They will be happy when the Chinese and Russians march in here and take over.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:14 AM

1,013 posts, read 1,193,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
BTW, something also exists in nature for only one species. It's called self-awareness (the knowledge of right and wrong) and the only species with such ability is man.
Evidence to this claim, please?

Quote:
Gays prefer to deny that man is special to justify their ignorance. But hey, if they feel they're not above that of a box crab, it would explain a lot.
The bible mentions adultery & same-sex rape, not long-term & committed same sex relationships/families.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Because the liberal idiots in this country are not going to be happy until they have ripped every moral fiber of the fabric that used to hold this country together and helped to build it. I think they look at a family with a mother and a father and happy, healthy children and it makes them angry. I honestly believe that a family like mine is their enemy and they believe everything to do with why their lives are so messed up.
You do not determine what is moral & what is not... who said discrimination against same-sex people is moral? If you think they look at a family with a mother & father as unhappy... you are wrong. Your family is not their enemy -- ignorance is.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by steven_h

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethreefoldme View Post
Evidence to this claim, please?
And you call pullmyfinger ignorant?

Imago Dei for one.
Reasons To Believe : How Humans Differ from Animals

Speech, walking upright, the ability to reason, clothing ourselves, inventiveness (fire, the wheel, electricity), we lie, we blush, we are emotional, a finite reproductive window...etc.

How much evidence do you require?

Humans are at the top of the food chain, because we were created that way. We are quite special compared to any other species, and to lower one's self to that of an animal (to justify behavior) is regressive.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:27 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:

Imago Dei for one.

Speech, walking upright, the ability to reason, clothing ourselves, inventiveness (fire, the wheel, electricity), we lie, we blush, we are emotional, a finite reproductive window...etc.

Humans are at the top of the food chain, because we were created that way. We are quite special compared to any other species, and to lower one's self to that of an animal (to justify behavior) is regressive.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:38 AM

150 posts, read 183,267 times
Quote:

Imago Dei for one.

That's a religious site! You can't use religion as your source.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:25 PM

Imago Dei for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okipower120190 View Post
That's a religious site! You can't use religion as your source.
That was sarcasm, right? I can't be sure with some of the posters in this place.

Imago Dei is the belief that we are created in Gods image, so there really is no secular way to explain it.

I also used a litany of obvious, non-religious facts: Speech, walking upright, the ability to reason, clothing ourselves, inventiveness (fire, the wheel, electricity), we lie, we blush, we are emotional, a finite reproductive window...etc. which differentiate us from the rest of the animal world.

There is no argument against the obvious, hence the dead silence. That should get someone pi$$ed off enough to start up again, with the rhetoric. The enemy of ignorance is logic, and logic dictates that we humans are far more special than any other animal.

The next step in the reversion process will be that we are alien hybrids. This would explain why only humans evolved to speak, think, and build. After all, aliens are much more believable than a God.

Last edited by steven_h; 03-23-2013 at 12:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies