Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2013, 07:50 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I have 2 kids. You can trust me when I say I love them equally.
That is so completely different than what we're talking about & you know it. Although I'm going to call foul on this one. Pretty much every parent that I know admits to loving one of their kids a teeny bit more than the others. Maybe they get along better, have more in common, who knows, but every parent I've talked to has a slight favorite.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:54 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Well this is only my opinion, but a polygamist is a ****, pure & simple. That's what we would call someone having sex with multiple people at a time, right? Although I'm not against polygamy being legal, it's just not my cup of tea.
I have never really heard a man being referred to as a sl*t without irony.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okipower120190 View Post
We're not talking about loving children, we're talking about romantic love.
I know what we're talking about but the point you're making is ridiculous. Just because you can't imagine romantically loving 15 women doesn't mean that someone else can't. And who required people to be in love to get married anyways?

Old 03-24-2013, 07:56 PM

1,738 posts, read 3,008,465 times
Quote:
Who proved that and what does 'love on a certain level' mean? Are we going to start giving people love litmus tests before they can get married?

Anyways, I don't believe that human beings evolved monogamous. There are far too many societies in the present day with polygamy. Back where I'm from, polygamy is relatively frequent.
Two people love each other. I married my wife because I "loved" her more than any other girl I dated. I'm not sure why you would need clarification on that. Have you never been in a relationship?

Don't believe that humans evolved as monogamous creatures. I don't care. That doesn't make it untrue. That's like saying you don't want to believe in gravity.

Quote:
I have 2 kids. You can trust me when I say I love them equally.

Were talking about spouses.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
That is so completely different than what we're talking about & you know it. Although I'm going to call foul on this one. Pretty much every parent that I know admits to loving one of their kids a teeny bit more than the others. Maybe they get along better, have more in common, who knows, but every parent I've talked to has a slight favorite.
I can't speak to other parents. Having a daughter and having a son are two completely different animals. With my daughter, I'm pretty much clueless as a parent. With my son, I can live through him a bit more. But that doesn't mean I love either differently. Getting along with, and love are two separate things. I love them differently but equally if that makes sense.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:57 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,103 times
Quote:
I have never really heard a man being referred to as a sl*t without irony.
Really? You've never heard the term man-sl*t or man-wh*re in all seriousness? Wow.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramidsurf View Post
Two people love each other. I married my wife because I "loved" her more than any other girl I dated.
So what. That's you. Other people will want to marry both. And whose to say they can't? Consenting adults and all. Why the discrimination?

Old 03-24-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Really? You've never heard the term man-sl*t or man-wh*re in all seriousness? Wow.
The fact you need to put "man" in front of the word should be a clue.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:04 PM

150 posts, read 183,257 times
Quote:
I know what we're talking about but the point you're making is ridiculous. Just because you can't imagine romantically loving 15 women doesn't mean that someone else can't
Oh my god the irony in this entire post is so laughable

Old 03-24-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramidsurf View Post
Don't believe that humans evolved as monogamous creatures. I don't care. That doesn't make it untrue. That's like saying you don't want to believe in gravity.
What you said is idiotic for numerous reasons, one of which it's wrong, many societies and groups have polygamy. Those were not a modern invention.

But saying human beings evolved as monogamous creatures can very well be rephrased as human beings evolved as heterosexual monogamous creatures. We all know that human beings didn't evolve with cookie cutter, relationship template.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies