Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll: If you support the redifinition of marriage, do you support consentual insest?
Yes, I support consentual insest. 48 36.64%
No, I do not support consentual insest. 83 63.36%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 11:29 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Seriously? It's really simple and has been explained numerous times in this thread. If you support the redefining of marriage to include two dudes under the guise of "marriage equality" than you MUST support polygamist marriage and consensual incest marriage. Or you're a hypocrite. Either you support marriage equalitry, or you do not. I am holding you to your own standards. Defend you position.
How is it hypocritical?

Those of us who support marriage "equality" do so under the assumption that the only thing not currently equal is the gender of those wishing to enter into marriage. It has no more to do with the relatedness of the prospective spouses than does man/woman marriage.
Why would you assume that one has anything to do with the other?

Personally, I have no issue with polygamy or polyandry as the rules are essentially the same - consenting adults not related to one another.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:29 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
When a group of people realize they are losing a cause, they begin to come unhinged. Expect many more threads like this as the country moves forward and the screams of the bigots get drowned out in the process.
Neo Prog defintion of "unhinged": holding me accountable to my own beliefs and standards.

lol

Old 03-27-2013, 11:30 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Why? You have a long history of personally attacking and insulting anyone that has an opinion that differs from your own. Care you address the topic or just continue to name call?

Either you believe in marriage equality or you do not. I am simply holding you to your own standards. Defend your position.
Liberals can't defend their "marriage equality" stance because they think it should just be for gays and not for everyone if they happen to not agree with twelve guys and gals who all love each other marrying. The can't admit it though. Not a shock it's how their brain works.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:30 AM

6,472 posts, read 6,676,653 times
Quote:
Ok, so you concede that ONLY men and women AND homosexuals should be allowed to marry. Why are you being intolerant and bigoted towards other groups of people that wish to marry?
For the same reason that you are intolerant and bigoted when you say only men and women should marry. I'm just slightly less intolerant and bigoted, because I include homosexuals on my list.

OK, sarcasm aside, I'm opposed to incest because of genetic defects, as I've previously stated. I suppose if two blood relatives past child-bearing years wanted to marry, I would not have a problem legally with that. There is still a bit of an "ick" factor to me when I think about siblings, for example, marrying.

For polygamous and polyamorous people, the tax and other legal implications would be incredibly complicated. If one man has six wives, does his employer have to provide insurance coverage for all six? When this man dies, does Social Security have to pay benefits to all six wives? Which wife gets to make medical decisions when the man is in a coma and on life-support?

Such complications are sufficient reason FOR ME to say that ONE person can have only ONE legal spouse. Now, if a whole group wants to live together AS a loving, "married" unit, I have no problem with that. It's much like tribes and clans of numerous cultures throughout history.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:32 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Man and woman. There has never been a time in history, until the past 20 years where it was widely and socially acceptable for members of the same sex to "marry". Those of you that support that redefintion often cite "marriage equality' as your reason for support. If that's the case than you MUST support polygamist marriage and consensual incest marriage. Or you're a hypocrite. I'm simply holding you to your own standard. Defend your position.

So then you support mother/son, father/daughter, brother/sister marriages? After all, they all fit your definition of marriage.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:33 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Why? You have a long history of personally attacking and insulting anyone that has an opinion that differs from your own. Care you address the topic or just continue to name call?

Either you believe in marriage equality or you do not. I am simply holding you to your own standards. Defend your position.
Getting a bit defensive because you are called out? Speaking of history...you should brush up as has been pointed out. If I were gay, you would be personally insulting and attacking me if you insinuated that I have a propensity for incest. Talk about insensitivity.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
LOL, this is one of the most moronic arguments of homophobes and anti-gay bigots. I guess this stupid stuff is all they have left to use to support their belief that discrimination should be part of our civil laws.

Others from the bigot's list of greatest hits

1. Its for the children
2. Gays can marry any opposite gender person they want, therefore they already have equal rights
3. Bible verses
4. Man on dog sex

I guess the OP would also assert that any person that supports Second Amendment rights also must the support the right of all convicted felons to own an unlimited number of nuclear weapons. Wouldn't want to be a hypocrite, right?
Do you not realize how intellectually lazy you are? Anyone that has an opinion is a "homophobe" and "anti-gay". Why not just say how you really feel: Think how I think, say what I say, act how I act and vote how I vote. if you do not, I will destroy you. I will call you names and demonize you.

Either you support marriage equality or you do not. I am simply holding you to YOUR own standards and you cry, whine and name call. Liberal Tolerance at it's finest.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:36 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
I honestly think marriage is just a name anyway...the value of a relationship depends not on what it's called but on how much the two people in it truly love each other.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
They don't get it. They can't understand the concept of equal rights under the law so they don't want to focus on that.

What they want is to focus on is sex. Gay sex. Incestual sex. Sex with animals. Sex outside of marriage. They seem to think of nothing else.
What are you talking about? If you support marrige "equality" than you MUST support polygamist marriage and consensual incest marrige. Or you're a hypocrite. I'm simply holding you to your standard. Defend your position.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:37 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Wait for it. Someone who can't spell the word won't take long to bring the religious zealotry into the thread.

This one will go into 8 innings at least with all of the usual religious bigotry rearing it's ugly head.
Yes, because when someone dissagrees with you, it's because they are biggots, or racist, or sexist, or perverts, or afraid of becoming gay, or being hit on by a gay individual, etc.

You know, this type of defense gets really old, really quick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies