Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll: If you support the redifinition of marriage, do you support consentual insest?
Yes, I support consentual insest. 48 36.64%
No, I do not support consentual insest. 83 63.36%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 11:45 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,048,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Who's talking about "inbreeding"? Unless you want to force your beliefs that all married couples MUST have kids.
Which is precisely why the inbreeding argument doesn't work in my opinion, on top of the fact that as long as there hasn't been generations of inb reeding, the first generation of inbreeding barely has a higher chance of defects than non-related couples.

I really see nothing wrong with the situation.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:45 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,104,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You are comparing same sex marriage to incest and demonizing a group of people by in not so many words, calling them perverse and you expect not to be called out? You very puposely baited people and you know it! As you see, most everyone who supports sme sex marriage being made legal does not have a moral problem with polygamy, therefore, your thread is a failure. The incest thing is nuts!

NO I AM NOT. I am holding you accountable to your own standards and calling you out on your hypocrisy. But you already know that and can't defend that, so as usual, you resort to name calling. Either you believe in "marriage equality" or you do not. Defend your position.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:47 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,048,492 times
Quote:
NO I AM NOT. I am holding you accountable to your own standards and calling you out on your hypocrisy. But you already know that and can't defend that, so as usual, you resort to name calling. Either you believe in "marriage equality" or you do not. Defend your position.
A: THere's no name calling in the post you quoted.

B: Callign someone out for name calling with name calling is counterproductive.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:47 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
What are you talking about? If you support marrige "equality" than you MUST support polygamist marriage and consensual incest marrige. Or you're a hypocrite. I'm simply holding you to your standard. Defend your position.
Again, how is it hypocritical?

This argument has as many holes as the usual "so-called tolerant liberals are intolerant" nonsense.

It presupposes, as is so often the case with conservatives, that people can only think in a binary fashion.

How sadly simplistic to believe that if you are for something, you must be for every shade and permutation of that something known to humankind.

It is like saying "Marriage is for children so I must have one every single year of my marriage until I die."
Or conversely, "I am biologically incapable of having children with my husband so my marriage is null and void."

Surely even conservatives can see the absurdity in those statements. Or maybe not. Maybe that is how they think which is why nuance is so hard for them to fathom.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:49 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
What are you talking about?
lol, I'm talking about the fact that religious conservatives are obsessed with other people's sex lives. It's actually quite humorous.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:51 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Liberals have moved to stage II of a thread. Can't defend their position so resort to name calling. Next they will blame Bush then start yucking it up with each other then cry to the moderators somebody was being mean to em to get the thread shut down. Like clockwork.
Just to be clear, A liberal did not start this thread trying to defend that every adult should be allowed to marry. The thread was started saying if one supported same sex marriage, then they would have to also support incestous and polygamy marraige.

What are the perameters of each? what laws are in effect? the OP just stated a proposition and wanted every one to fill in the blanks.

I dont know anything about polygamy? I dont know what laws would be affected, or what polygamists even whould be asking for? I claim ignorance. Maybe you or the OP can fill in the blanks.

Do you or the OP know what polygamists are asking for? How their mutiple partnerships would work legally?

Help me to understand.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:53 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,104,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Which is precisely why the inbreeding argument doesn't work in my opinion, on top of the fact that as long as there hasn't been generations of inb reeding, the first generation of inbreeding barely has a higher chance of defects than non-related couples.

I really see nothing wrong with the situation.
And as I said before, while repulsed at the fact that you see nothing with incest, you are the ONLY person in this entire thread that is consistent.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:55 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Whose standards? You cannot define marriage equality for everyone, which is exactly what you are attempting to do in this thread. You haven't even defined it as it is being defined by the larger population.
The situation before the Supreme Court is very narrow, as you must know. It has nothing to with incest nor with polygamy nor anything other than two consenting unrelated adults of the same gender wishing to be treated as their opposite gender counterparts.
To argue anything else is a lie, plain and simple and quite frankly, does nothing to aid your cause.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:09 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
You have the audacity to claim that I or anyone else that supports the right for a same sex couple to call their union a marriage also supports incest and demand that they perceive it as the same. It's not the same and you're preceiving it as the same is your twisted perception so you own it.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:10 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,267,905 times
Quote:
Who's talking about "inbreeding"? Unless you want to force your beliefs that all married couples MUST have kids.
You are. You seem to think that a gay man wanting to marry (or have sex) is the same as brother and sister marrying (or have sex).

As I told you before, if you want to go have sex with your brother I will vote for it.

Oh, last I checked the anti gay crowd was using the "you must have kids" argument to support opposition to gay marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies