Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll: If you support the redifinition of marriage, do you support consentual insest?
Yes, I support consentual insest. 48 36.64%
No, I do not support consentual insest. 83 63.36%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 11:38 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,498,749 times

Advertisements

We should not judge people for being uneducated. All humans are hypocrites at different moments in life. Even the OP.

And yes, I do think two consenting adults should be able to have sex, related or not. I am not for sister and brothers having children due to genetic defects of that baby. But that's about it.
Attached Thumbnails
If you support the redifinition of marriage, do you support consensual incest?-equalaty.jpg  

Old 03-27-2013, 11:39 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,048,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
What science? What science says that polygamists and consenting incestual adults should not be able to marry? Defend yourt position, or admit that you're a hypocrite.
Poly marriage only don't work legally due to current tax laws. Incest marriage does have some scientific arguments against it. I.e.: Reproduction. Recessive harmful genes are more likely to appear with sexual relations with family members. That being said, the first generation of doing so barely has a higher chance of it happening than unrelated couples doing so.

The other argument commonly used against incestual marriage is the potential for abuse. Which I don't honestly see as a big argument, because -anyone- can be forced into a marriage.

Also, on another note: When it comes to incestual/poly relations, I see nothing perverse about it.

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Liberals have moved to stage II of a thread. Can't defend their position so resort to name calling. Next they will blame Bush then start yucking it up with each other then cry to the moderators somebody was being mean to em to get the thread shut down. Like clockwork.

5,999 posts, read 7,104,809 times
Your post is so full of fail, I don't know where to begin. The Bible doesn't talk about Gay Marriage and the Constitution doesn't contain the words "Separation of Church and State". You should sue whoever indoctrinated, er, educated you. EPIC FAIL.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I am perfectly fine with polygamy, polyandry, and homosexual marriage.

Science.

Polygamy is ok and so is polyandry. Incest is not. The current law doesn't really support multiple marriages though. So maybe we should scrap the tax code altogether.

Yeah, at one point in time people said the same thing about interracial marriage and dating. Somebody fought for my right to date and marry someone from another race and I feel obligated to continue that trend.

Scientifically, polygamy is ok, but not incest. Are you not aware of genetic defects that inbreeding creates?
Who's talking about "inbreeding"? Unless you want to force your beliefs that all married couples MUST have kids.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:41 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Do you not realize how intellectually lazy you are? Anyone that has an opinion is a "homophobe" and "anti-gay". Why not just say how you really feel: Think how I think, say what I say, act how I act and vote how I vote. if you do not, I will destroy you. I will call you names and demonize you.

Either you support marriage equality or you do not. I am simply holding you to YOUR own standards and you cry, whine and name call. Liberal Tolerance at it's finest.
You are comparing same sex marriage to incest and demonizing a group of people by in not so many words, calling them perverse and you expect not to be called out? You very puposely baited people and you know it! As you see, most everyone who supports sme sex marriage being made legal does not have a moral problem with polygamy, therefore, your thread is a failure. The incest thing is nuts!

Old 03-27-2013, 11:42 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So then you support mother/son, father/daughter, brother/sister marriages? After all, they all fit your definition of marriage.
The same question has been asked repeatedly in this thread, the OP refuses to answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Getting a bit defensive because you are called out? Speaking of history...you should brush up as has been pointed out. If I were gay, you would be personally insulting and attacking me if you insinuated that I have a propensity for incest. Talk about insensitivity.
So, no, you don't care to actually discuss the thread topic. Didn't think so.

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Do you not realize how intellectually lazy you are? Anyone that has an opinion is a "homophobe" and "anti-gay". Why not just say how you really feel: Think how I think, say what I say, act how I act and vote how I vote. if you do not, I will destroy you. I will call you names and demonize you.

Either you support marriage equality or you do not. I am simply holding you to YOUR own standards and you cry, whine and name call. Liberal Tolerance at it's finest.
Actually, you are the one trying to demonize liberals.

You are the one insisting that if they believe in one thing, that they MUST believe in something else, and if they disagree with you, YOU are the one calling them names. "Hypocrite" is a derogatory name.

As has been explained, incest has ramifications from a health perspective. When communities were small and isolated, those ramifications made the laws against incest reasonable and necessary, but given the genetic diversity of most communities in the United States, the health risks of incest are minimal, unless incest were to become part of a family culture. For instance, if the Westboro Church people started incestuously marrying each other without bringing in any outsiders, the Phelps family might develop some genetic anomalies due to the lack of genetic diversity that would be a health concern. Given that there is no shortage of religious groups that do embrace isolationism, the government has a legitimate reason to regulate such incest, if not to outlaw incest completely.

As for multiple-partner marriages, again, the government has an interest because of the financial ramifications in regulating such arrangements.

Recognizing that incest and multi-partner marriages have ramifications that far exceed those of same-sex marriage is not hypocrisy. It's intelligence.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:43 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,467,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
When a group of people realize they are losing a cause, they begin to come unhinged. Expect many more threads like this as the country moves forward and the screams of the bigots get drowned out in the process.
And, as demonstrated by your post, when a group of people becomes convinced their opinions are facts they also become unhinged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies