Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll: If you support the redifinition of marriage, do you support consentual insest?
Yes, I support consentual insest. 48 36.64%
No, I do not support consentual insest. 83 63.36%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 11:12 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times

Advertisements

By far, one of the most asinine questions EVER! OP...how many gay couples are screwing their siblings? Do you have the stats? I'd really love to see them. How about this one..."If you support redefining marriage, do you support consentual sex with a head of lettuce?"

Allow me to educate you...gay couples getting married does not "redefine" marriage, it has the same definition and meaning for them as it has for heterosexual couples. The only thing that changes is people such as yourself deciding that you have the right to sit judgment on their relationship.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:26 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,104,809 times
Default If you support gay marriage due to "equality" than you MUST support incestual marriage; or you're a hypocrite

All of the proponents of redefining marriage cite "equality' as their reason. Okay, fine, but if equality is the reason than you must support concentual incest marriage, polygymist marriage and any other marriage between consenting adults. If you do not, you are a hypocrite.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:33 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
You fear a gay brother wanting to marry his gay brother? It sure wouldn't hurt the gene pool. So states would not have an interest in denying such marriages.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:40 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,104,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
You fear a gay brother wanting to marry his gay brother? It sure wouldn't hurt the gene pool. So states would not have an interest in denying such marriages.
I don't fear anything, well, maybe mice and rats.

A mother and her grown, adult son decide to marry as husband and wife. If you believe in gay marriage due to "equality" than you MUST support incestual marriage. Or you are a hypocrite.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:44 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I don't fear anything, well, maybe mice and rats.

A mother and her grown, adult son decide to marry as husband and wife. If you believe in gay marriage due to "equality" than you MUST support incestual marriage. Or you are a hypocrite.
Then those whose narrow definition of marriage is one man/one woman yet wouldn't support a mother/son marriage must be hypocrites too, eh?

Old 03-27-2013, 10:44 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,269,301 times
Quote:
All of the proponents of redefining marriage cite "equality' as their reason. Okay, fine, but if equality is the reason than you must support concentual incest marriage, polygymist marriage and any other marriage between consenting adults. If you do not, you are a hypocrite.
Incest is illegal. If you want incest to be legal then make your case to legalize it. Aside from that, consenting adults should be free to marry whom they wish to marry.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:45 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,948,601 times
Quote:
I dont know the law banning it, so why incestuous marriage banned? or Polygymy?

If Woddy Allen could marry his adoptive adult daughter is it banned?

let me just add, that in an incestous relationship, the insect does not usually begin after the child is a consenting adult. Most incest happens between an adult and an unconsenting minor, furthermore under current law, the minor child is not able...in the eyes of the law... to make an informed consentual decission.

Last edited by Chimuelojones; 03-27-2013 at 11:01 AM..

Old 03-27-2013, 10:50 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
To the OP -

You all just need to get over it and quit trying to come up with weird case scenarios to try to make your case against marriage equality.

Marriage equality is here and it is here to stay, and depending on what happens this week with the Supreme Court, it could be coming to a neighborhood near you.

Get over it.

Allowing two UNrelated people of the same sex the right to marry each other is not the same as allowing a mother and son to marry or allowing someone to marry his cat.

Nine states and the District of Columbia........so far.

Get over it.

1,718 posts, read 2,425,963 times
I do support polygamy actually. I think any man or woman is is crazy enough to want two spouses...more power to them.

I also support incestuous marriages - up the point of first cousins - as do you, OP, along with everyone else in the US, by the fact we are silent about those already in existence. Such marriages are legal in multiple states in the US and have been for years and years. My personal opinion on it is then irrelevant.

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
What is so difficult to understand about "two unrelated consenting adults"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies