Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2013, 02:08 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,468,269 times

Advertisements

From your link...

Quote:
Carney said the White House staff based its 2011 claim that the two had never met on documentary evidence, and had not asked Obama himself.

"Nobody spoke to the president," Carney said, until he did so this week.
Obama didn't lie, they didn't even ask him if they knew each other. It was an idiot staffer.

Please read your own links and you will find that your own evidence is less likely to contradict your statements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 02:08 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,166,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
From your link...

Obama didn't lie, they didn't even ask him if they knew each other. It was an idiot staffer.

Please read your own links and you will find that your own evidence is less likely to contradict your statements.
Keep telling yourself that buttercup. The rest of us reside in reality...where logic prevails.

Old 12-05-2013, 02:09 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,605,782 times
Unbelievable! Another lie and another example of a willingness to cast aside someone for politics.

Old 12-05-2013, 02:10 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,741,453 times
Quote:
From your link...

Oops, spoke too soon. Apparently some people are stupid enough to believe it.

Old 12-05-2013, 02:11 PM

52,804 posts, read 34,710,167 times
why in the world would the white house 'bots make up a story without even bothering to ask obama?

better yet, why would obama let this story stand for over two years uncorrected?

Quote:
Carney said the White House staff based its 2011 claim that the two had never met on documentary evidence, and had not asked Obama himself.

Old 12-05-2013, 02:14 PM

Nobody told the President that he knew him. He didn't find out until he read it in the papers just like everybody else.

Old 12-05-2013, 02:14 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,421,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
LOL. This is not a forum of logic and reason. You should have known better.

Old 12-05-2013, 02:15 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,468,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Keep telling yourself that buttercup. The rest of us reside in reality...where logic prevails.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Yeah, I actually read the link in the OP that has the evidence. I love how it is evidence that Obama lied, but the part that says he actually didn't (that staffers made assumptions) is simply ignored. I can't believe conspiracy theorists can be so delusional to take a news story that contradicts their beliefs and pretend like it is evidence for that conspiracy.

You know what, post this far and wide claiming Obama lied. When people read it they will realize how stupid conspiracy theorists are. I don't even need to debunk it, you guys are posting the evidence to debunk of your ideas already. This is simply awesome.

Old 12-05-2013, 02:16 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,697,717 times
Starting a thread saying Obama is lying again is now as silly as starting a thread to say its raining outside; it might not always be raining out, but we are not shocked to hear about it when it is.

Old 12-05-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I actually read the link in the OP that has the evidence. I love how it is evidence that Obama lied, but the part that says he actually didn't (that staffers made assumptions) is simply ignored. I can't believe conspiracy theorists can be so delusional to take a news story that contradicts their beliefs and pretend like it is evidence for that conspiracy.

You know what, post this far and wide claiming Obama lied. When people read it they will realize how stupid conspiracy theorists are. I don't even need to debunk it, you guys are posting the evidence to debunk of your ideas already. This is simply awesome.
I wouldn't call it a conspriracy theory. It's a much more direct line to a lie than it is to believing that a staffer researched through a book to see if two relatives had ever met. It might be the truth, but it's a pretty cumbersome and ineffective way to get the answer to that question - actually starting to sound more believable by the minute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies