Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 09:47 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,444,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Do you know whar everyone on this forum is missing big time? It really doesn't matter a whole lot wether it's a Republican or a Democrat government that you elect. The USA has a problem that no politician will be able to solve.

So, you Americans continue to complain and gripe about the right or the left when in reality neither of them have any kind of solution for what is ailing the USA. This blame game minus serious changes in the entire structure of the economics of the country guaranteed failure.
I cut out much of what you said not because I don't agree with it but because well it's already been posted. Now with that said I do agree with you on much of what you said, I feel both parties have failed us and the only way to recover from any of this mess and corruption is to force the government to do our will. We are not powerless, WE ARE MANY the best thing one can do is to simply support your local 3rd party organization and to try to get out the word about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Amen Deadspeak - AMEN. Republicans are unable to accept responsibility for their own actions - that led us here. They claim they would not try to overturn Roe V. Wade - but their members are busy trying to do that very thing.

Most of America has no desire to return to the 1950's ~ something the Pubs can't seem to figure out.

Why are they not embracing Chris Christie? His approval rating as a Republican is HUGE - while the overall party rating is in the 20 percent range. His voting record is conservative - yet they exclude him from their conference because they are 'MAD'. Seriously. This is their maturity level; like second graders stomping their feet. People see that. And they are not impressed.
I don't think they will ever learn, I think what is going to end up happening is they will change but not peacefully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 09:50 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,514,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Let me summarize your post for everyone, NOT OUR FAULT, IT'S THE DEMOCRATS ! so much for your personal responsibility instead of blaming the democrats for what is wrong with this economy and posting false information that has been continually debunked how about you acknowledge BUSH WAS A FAILURE, YOUR PARTIES IDEAS ARE FAILURES, But I know you will never do that instead you will keep on with this bs nonsense that it is everyone else's fault. And FYI BUSH F@CKED US ! Do you think that recovering from a near complete economic collapse is something so easy and something so simple that it takes no time at all to recover from it.

Uhuh there were no anti-abortion bills right, so you mean the plan of defunding or just making it that much harder for a woman/girl to get an abortion is not anti-abortion ? How about alabama I believe it was closing down there one and only abortion clinic ? How about all these anti-science personood bills the republicans worked hard to force through ? I hope the gop dies off with there old and outdated ideas. They are embarrassments to this country and should be ashamed of themselves!!
Let me summarize your post for everyone, NOT OUR FAULT, IT'S THE REPUBLICANS ! so much for your personal responsibility instead of blaming the Republicans for what is wrong with this economy and posting false information that has been continually debunked how about you acknowledge OBAMA IS A FAILURE, YOUR PARTIES IDEAS ARE FAILURES, But I know you will never do that instead you will keep on with this bs nonsense that it is everyone else's fault. And FYI OBAMA **** US ! Do you think that recovering from a near complete economic collapse is something so easy and something so simple that it takes no time at all to recover from it even though that's what Obama and the Dems promised would happen and presidents in the past have done it a hell of a lot quicker than Obama.

I hope the Democrat Party dies off with there old and outdated ideas. They are embarrassments to this country and should be ashamed of themselves

See how easy that was.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:51 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,772,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Or they will realize that changes aren't permanent and that when the people see that liberal policies don't work in the longterm, they will begin voting Republican again. You can't run deficits forever.
Your post implies Republicans don't run deficits. Like it or not, in the end the GOP spends just as much as the DEMS do. The only difference is what section of the pie is favored.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:51 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Do you know whar everyone on this forum is missing big time? It really doesn't matter a whole lot wether it's a Republican or a Democrat government that you elect. The USA has a problem that no politician will be able to solve.

Since the end of WW2 the USA has been living far beyond it's means. It has consummed the lion's share or the resources of the entire world and those days are beginning to be over.

Empires rise and then they fall. The writing is on the wall for the American empire. There is coming a time soon in the world and it's already hear to a degree where other big developing countries are no longer going to accept the fact that the USA is the first power on the planet. They are competing harder than ever for their share of global wealth. They are taking a huge share of economic development, jobs and everything else. The USA can not compete with them in so many ways and it won't for a long time or maybe ever.

If the USA does not reinvent it's self, it's economy, it's foreign policy, it's politics, it is just going to be a long gradual slide to the bottom. Take a look at some of the other former "World powers" that have declined with the changing og history. In some like the UK and France the average man lives far better than they did while their country contrplled and owned most of the world. In other countries like Spain the country sufered greatly with the collapse of their empire and di not beging to recover until the 1970s.

It's a chioce America will have to make. Will we become more self sufficient and begin to rely more on our own resounces and labour or will we continue to rely on the rest of the world to supply us with what we need and continue the downward sprial.

It's very telling that during the Bush administration a huge % of the growth in the American economy was a massive ponzi scheme. Something like 40% of the growth was in financial instruments like credit default swaps, mortgage backed securities and many other scams. This is the desperate gasping of a once vibrant economy that has lot the ability to acchieve healthy growth. Does it not see strange that one of the biggest industries in the USA is gambing? What kind of true value does that create. American biggest export to the world is now and has been for a long while entertainment. That is truely pathetic.
The country has become a culture of shoppers, dedicated to using what little resousces they have to buy junk at Walmart that is mostly made in China. How will that fact ever help the USA one single little bit. Add to that fact that a huge % of Americans claim to be against communism to the uttermost degree and then there you are supporting 100% the biggest communist population ever seen.

Add to all of this is the culture of greed in the executive class that has never before in world history been seen. So many captains of industry and finance who desire above all to be just like King Midas. These are your leaders in economic development for the nation and has it has been seen very very clearly they don't give a rat's azz about America or Americans. If they can get more gold by selling out an entire town or region or by getting rid of tens of thousands of American workers and transfer the whole shooting match to some third world hell hole, THEY WILL.

So, you Americans continue to complain and gripe about the right or the left when in reality neither of them have any kind of solution for what is ailing the USA. This blame game minus serious changes in the entire structure of the economics of the country guaranteed failure.

Very true. It's about time that we rely on our own resources. This country is large enough where we can sustain ourselves.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:17 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Really think this Country is great right now, a booming thriving economy, where people look at us with respect.

We are no better off with this tool in office, who promised us the world and delivered to us all peanuts, and hardship, and unemployment, and a negative business enviroment. More welare, and food stamps, and likes it that way.

He ain't no better, except a legion in his own damn mind, the problem, you all put him there. And the bias as hell media.

We are no betterr off with these idiots in office, one no better then the next, except better liars, and lie they do.

The democrats, love to threaten, and bully, and scare you to death, scream and rant and rave, gets pretty old, pretty tired, and pretty damn right sickening.

We are no better off with these clowns in office, no better. People i know are still suffering, worried about their jobs, their homes, their bills, gas prices raising, foodd prices raising, all goods have risen.

And so many are hurting still, so much for the damn hope n' change, and moving forward, another damn lie.

Too many just make the weakest excuses, and you think one is better, only person your fooling is yourself.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Let me summarize your post for everyone, NOT OUR FAULT, IT'S THE REPUBLICANS ! so much for your personal responsibility instead of blaming the Republicans for what is wrong with this economy and posting false information that has been continually debunked how about you acknowledge OBAMA IS A FAILURE, YOUR PARTIES IDEAS ARE FAILURES, But I know you will never do that instead you will keep on with this bs nonsense that it is everyone else's fault. And FYI OBAMA **** US ! Do you think that recovering from a near complete economic collapse is something so easy and something so simple that it takes no time at all to recover from it even though that's what Obama and the Dems promised would happen and presidents in the past have done it a hell of a lot quicker than Obama.

I hope the Democrat Party dies off with there old and outdated ideas. They are embarrassments to this country and should be ashamed of themselves

See how easy that was.

Thanks for proving my point rather than come up with your own you shamelessly copy what I wrote with making minor changes and than want to act as if you have some kind of a point. How about this for one, the next time you copy my post and try to make it as your own I will report you for plagiarism. It is not my fault you and the party you support are so bereft of original ideas that you have to stoop so low as to copy and paste and twist others words to suit your very own agenda. Here's an idea read a book that is not about ayn rand or some other right wing blowhard hack and try to come up with your own words. I would say I would put you on ignore but I can't because I like to laugh at your pathetic attempts at being witty.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Really think this Country is great right now, a booming thriving economy, where people look at us with respect.

We are no better off with this tool in office, who promised us the world and delivered to us all peanuts, and hardship, and unemployment, and a negative business enviroment. More welare, and food stamps, and likes it that way.

He ain't no better, except a legion in his own damn mind, the problem, you all put him there. And the bias as hell media.

We are no betterr off with these idiots in office, one no better then the next, except better liars, and lie they do.

The democrats, love to threaten, and bully, and scare you to death, scream and rant and rave, gets pretty old, pretty tired, and pretty damn right sickening.

We are no better off with these clowns in office, no better. People i know are still suffering, worried about their jobs, their homes, their bills, gas prices raising, foodd prices raising, all goods have risen.

And so many are hurting still, so much for the damn hope n' change, and moving forward, another damn lie.

Too many just make the weakest excuses, and you think one is better, only person your fooling is yourself.
Save you whining for someone who cares, you embraced idiots and the corrupt and ran with there policies now that you and your friends are hurting you want to cry and lash out like a little baby. How many times have others told you things like trickle down economics DO NOT WORK and yet you continue to champion those very same failed ideas. YOU are why YOU and your friends are suffering, YOU embrace failed policies and then when it doesn't work and it falls flat on it's face you ***** and moan about others rather than except responsibility. WE did not get into this mess over night this mess has been in the making a VERY long time and it's not just democrats as you would have others believe its REPUBLICANS as well.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:41 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,121,492 times
This country won't necessarily move center left.... I think with the demographics that social conservatives will be less and less important. Currently the Republicans have redistricted the country in order to take advantage of social conservatism, but it will be interesting to see if they still pander to the religious nuts and other fringe groups that gives the Republicans their power.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:05 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,253,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 718native View Post
I tend to agree with the op though i think 30 years might be a bit of a stretch. I do think America has an atheist future ahead of it, which in my opinion can only be a bad thing.
Why do you think America has an atheist future ahead of it? Why do you think so many folks quit going to church? I know why I quit going.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:08 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
The bottom feeders are going to be the ones that kill this country, and the stupid democraps have enabled them.
Only an idiot like a lib would sit around and bawl about some ice caps and glaciers while encouraging this country to continue circling the drain.
Libs hate their kids.
This post sounds...

well...

unhappy.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies