Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 10:39 AM

78,420 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
The overriding lesson in this thread is how many people can argue without listening to each other. So much dogma, and so many who just cannot see it...won't even look! Flame away...
This thread is no place for reasonability.

That's because, every other poster here that doesn't share my political views is a hypocritical, lying, communist, racist.

Also, if they don't respond to this post with 2 minutes they are afraid of the truth and have made a defacto admission of their own evilness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 10:48 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Yeah, because Democrat Slick Willy Clinton didn't lie. Oh wait, he DID, and under oath to boot.

Yes lets just give the Democrats the badge of Honor, for always telling the truth. Neve one lie from that bunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clinton never had sex with that women, as he looked each of us in the eye, and made that statement,

John Edwards for months on end, did not cheat on his then DYING WIFE.

Fast and Furious to Stevens, i can go on but why, they never lie?

Hope n' Change was promised to us and unity, we got division, no Hope, what Change, again nothing but the truth.
Please do not be hypocritical, all politicians lie, both sides lie, for some odd reason, is in their blood.

I'm wondering who tells the better lies, at this point my mind is made up.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:51 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
I see the Woodward thread was deleted after it was shown to be much to do over nothing. We've seen a pattern among American conservatives to tell lie after lie, and then when one is exposed, start a new one. Why are conservatives so intent on lying to make a point these days? Is it due to the Fox News effect, or something more? Will the next Republican presidential ticket follow a similar path of Romney/Ryan, and tell lie after lie in order to try and get elected?

Discuss.
One needs to realise that poltical spi is played on both sides. Often now you view a issue is determined by personal experinece and situation. If you belive its one sided your what calleda true beleiver.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:55 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
I see the Woodward thread was deleted after it was shown to be much to do over nothing. We've seen a pattern among American conservatives to tell lie after lie, and then when one is exposed, start a new one. Why are conservatives so intent on lying to make a point these days? Is it due to the Fox News effect, or something more? Will the next Republican presidential ticket follow a similar path of Romney/Ryan, and tell lie after lie in order to try and get elected?

Discuss.
I found out why conservatives lie so much one day when I was having a discussion with a right winger about why American history at the high school level is so whitewashed, filled with so many lies and myths, and rife with misinformation - propaganda and thought control.

As to why they do this, I'll tell you why the right winger I was having the discussion with said that it was wrong to present the negative things our country had done. He said it was wrong to tell the truth about our country's true deeds because it gave "a bad impression" to high schoolers, and would result in them turning against our country.

They lie in order to manipulate people into doing and believing whatever they their interpretation of what is correct. Even evangelicals will lie with this goal in mind. They will argue the lie against the truth, and viciously, to protect and defend an idea/ideal they know isn't true, but which they desire others to believe.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:58 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,558 times
Conservative parties all over the world rule by fear...fear of the unknown. Fear of the other...people who look different, have a different religion, etc. Its the basis of the word "conservative"...ie, let things be as they are.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:13 PM

1,873 posts, read 2,407,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I found out why conservatives lie so much one day when I was having a discussion with a right winger about why American history at the high school level is so whitewashed, filled with so many lies and myths, and rife with misinformation - propaganda and thought control.

As to why they do this, I'll tell you why the right winger I was having the discussion with said that it was wrong to present the negative things our country had done. He said it was wrong to tell the truth about our country's true deeds because it gave "a bad impression" to high schoolers, and would result in them turning against our country.

They lie in order to manipulate people into doing and believing whatever they their interpretation of what is correct. Even evangelicals will lie with this goal in mind. They will argue the lie against the truth, and viciously, to protect and defend an idea/ideal they know isn't true, but which they desire others to believe.
Yep, your conversation with one random conservative should be proof enough for all, thanks...

And it would be equally useless were someone to use an encounter with a random liberal as evidence of anything BTW.

"Proof" by exception, the oldest and most transparent trick in the book...

Old 03-01-2013, 12:16 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
Yep, your conversation with one random conservative should be proof enough for all, thanks... And it would be equally useless were someone to use an encounter with a random liberal as evidence of anything BTW.
I've talked to plenty of conservatives and all lie, and incessantly.

This particular right winger I spoke to provided an explanation for why all conservatives lie. He did inadvertently, too.

Maybe conservatives have many reasons why they lie? I doubt there are that many.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:56 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:

Discuss.

why are liberals so intent on calling people names when presented with the truth about a subject they are argueing about?

Old 03-02-2013, 04:20 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
What did Ron Paul, Rand Paul and Ted Cruz lie about?
They are the only Conservatives left in DC. DC has become a Progressive hell hole on both sides of the isle.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:12 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,621,890 times
You have got to be kidding? I don't think Libs lie...they seem to be brainwashed....ohh Obama is doing such a great job...yeah what is our unemployment again? We are going on 5 years of economic distress and no one seems to notice-I remember when unemployment was at 5.5% and people were up in arms with Bush.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies