Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2016, 10:55 AM

6,084 posts, read 6,046,032 times

Advertisements

There has been some buzz over comments Sanders made about identity politics.

I personally I would go further than the Senator & state that not only the political parties have a fixation with identity politics but the society as a whole.

Here are some extracts from Salon on this issue.

Quote:
As The New Republic’s Clio Chang noted in her criticism of TPM’s piece, “Post-election, there have been attempts to divide the left between those who support identity politics and those who support class politics. But the two are often inextricable, given the large percentage of minorities in the working class.”
Salon: Reactionary Democrats trash Bernie Sanders for challenging identity politics

And this link claims to have the comments in full context.

Quote:
Below is the full text of Sanders’ statement,.., by Boston Magazine reporter Kyle Scott Clauss:
Salon: Bernie Sanders: “It is not good enough for someone to say, ‘I’m a woman, vote for me.’”

Old 11-23-2016, 11:32 AM

4,828 posts, read 7,455,954 times
I'm a moderate Independent who voted for Trump.
I am pro-Trump, but not pro republican, and definitely not a liberal democrat.

I could not ever vote for Hillary.

Old 11-28-2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
I'm a moderate Independent who voted for Trump.
I am pro-Trump, but not pro republican, and definitely not a liberal democrat.
What's your take on Trump & net neutrality (basically accessibility & availability)?

Quote:
But Mr. Trump has yet to lay out a clearly defined view of telecom policy. And while he has decried what he perceives as overregulation in some areas of government, he said last month his administration would block AT&T’s proposed deal to buy Time Warner.
Wall Street Journal: AT&T: First Test for Trump on Net Neutrality

Old 12-21-2016, 06:24 PM

Before I forget, just wanted to wish all you crazy Moderates, Independents & 3rd party supporters a happy holiday season.

Hope you guys have a great time & looking forward to see ya next year.

And on that note, enjoy.

Tears For Fears - "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" - ORIGINAL VIDEO

Old 12-22-2016, 01:54 PM

There have been some talk recently about hope (or rather lack of) & the rise of hate.

Well near the year's end I'd like to thank the Movement Formerly Known as the Sanderistas for their impressive performance against the odds despite the near toxic environment, especially the up & coming generations.

Quote:
But this fact might say it better than any: In the 2016 campaign, Sanders won more votes among those under age 30 than the two presumptive major-party presidential nominees combined. And it wasn't close.
Washington Post: More young people voted for Bernie Sanders than Trump and Clinton combined — by a lot

For those faculty, staff & college students (especially community college) who are studying medical training; performing & fine arts; journalism; law; part of the open source/free software community; and/or are interested in not for profit/non-profit work, there will definitely be opportunities for work experience coming up.

Hope you guys have a happy holidays & see ya next year.

The Divergent Series: Allegiant Official Trailer – “Different”

Last edited by kovert; 12-22-2016 at 02:05 PM..

Old 01-17-2017, 04:15 PM

Well again, I'd like to thank Moderates, Independents, 3rd party supporters & the American people, especially my fellow middle income & working Americans for the rights & opportunities I enjoy in this here nation.

Despite your conflictions & contradictions, few other people in this world have the courage & conviction to not only try to maintain values even in the most adverse times & situations, but are able to admit faults, flaws, & shortcomings.

Again thank you my fellow Americans for allowing me to express my criticism of the policies & practices, not necessarily of the people in and of themselves.

From one truly humbled American.

THANKS.

Sometimes family situation is very complex & complicated.

The Incredible Hulk: Homecoming Trailer

Old 01-30-2017, 04:27 PM

Again I'd like to express my sincere thanks to all the Moderates, Independents, 3rd party supporters & especially my fellow middle income & working Americans for the rights I enjoy in this here country.

We disagree on policy & ideology but at least you guys allow for disagreement unlike many other places in the world.

THANK YOU.

When you have some free time, I recommend checking out this flick.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 Official TV Spot – “Epic Finale”

Old 02-01-2017, 02:26 PM

Uh, isn't this a bit of overkill?

Quote:
A Washington state lawmaker wants a law allowing police to charge protesters with committing "economic terrorism."
Newsmax: Lawmaker Proposes Bill Charging Protesters With 'Economic Terrorism'

Old 05-06-2017, 04:55 PM

Well again I'd like to give a shout out and a thank you to my fellow Americans for all the rights & opportunities I enjoy here in this exceptional country.

Again my beef is with the policy & ideology & when you look at what's going on around the world, I'm glad I'm here despite all its conflictions & contradictions.

So enjoy your weekend my hard laboring fellow Americans.

MADONNA - Angel (Official Music Video HD)

Old 05-11-2017, 05:42 PM

A libertarian perspective on net neutrality.

Quote:
A new Paul manifesto from both Ron and Rand Paul called "The Technology Revolution" will serve as the backbone for this new front in the Paul-founded Campaign For Liberty.

Young people have been a driving force in the Paul campaign, and the focus on internet freedom should only bolster that support.

Forbes: Ron Paul Takes Up Internet Freedom With New 'Technology Revolution' Manifesto
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies