Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2013, 12:05 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Maybe if some of these posters experienced rape first-hand, or maybe their grand-daughter, or daughter, or sister, or wife, or mother, or grandmother... maybe one of them would get pregnant or an STD or HIV...

Then they could make fun of their grand-daughter, or daughter, or sister, or wife, or mother, or grandmother...

It's their way.

I would be elated if no woman (or man) ever again was a victim of sexual assult.

However to suggest that simply telling the attacker not to rape is a solution to the problem is in itself, idiotic or fool-hearty.

I didn't mind too much when I've been sexually assaulted, but I understand it affects some people differently than others. I'd never want my wife or daughter to go thru something like that, but my advice to fend off a would be attacker would not be to appeal to the attackers good nature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 12:18 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
Rape is a crime for which there is no compesation. But the justice system does not believe in just compensation,nor justice .
They work with in the loupe holes of the law, protecting criminals.
On reason they oppose guns ,can't make money on dead criminals.
And, an armed society is a polite society.=less crime more jobless lawyers.
Much like the FDA and modern medicine , their concern is not cure, but managment.
Fallow the money .
Certainly , it is unwise to go prancing around dangerous areas wearing scant clothing practiclly asking for trouble , the wicked need little to justify their actions seeing this attraction.
On the other hand reaponsible people still get attacked, in places that are normally secure, and for that reason , I believe most women should be trained in some self defence and be armed as well.
Doing nothing to take responsibility for one's own protection is like inviting trouble to over come you.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:22 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
I would be elated if no woman (or man) ever again was a victim of sexual assult.

However to suggest that simply telling the attacker not to rape is a solution to the problem is in itself, idiotic or fool-hearty.
Duh, duh and duh.

As we keep trying to tell you, we're not advocating defense against an actual attacker by asking him not to rape.

As we keep trying to tell you, we're not advocating defense against an actual attacker by asking him not to rape. (Repeated for the reading impaired on this thread.)

We're saying, and I have no doubt the woman in the video is repeating, that teaching young men not to rape should be the FIRST PRIORITY in our society. Spending all our time teaching women how not to get raped is stupid and sexist, when it's the rapists who need to be taught how to live in a civilized world.

Don't spend all your time preaching at us to get guns. Spend your damn time telling young men not to rape.

Pretty simple, really, but you're all having so much fun making fun of rape victims, women and liberals that you keep missing the point.

No wonder we keep having to beg people to teach young men that rape is, you know, bad. Most men are too damn stupid to understand the concept, and spend their time and effort babbling about guns and liberals instead.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:23 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Rape is a crime for which there is no compesation. But the justice system does not believe in just compensation,nor justice .
They work with in the loupe holes of the law, protecting criminals.
On reason they oppose guns ,can't make money on dead criminals.
And, an armed society is a polite society.=less crime more jobless lawyers.
Much like the FDA and modern medicine , their concern is not cure, but managment.
Fallow the money .
Certainly , it is unwise to go prancing around dangerous areas wearing scant clothing practiclly asking for trouble , the wicked need little to justify their actions seeing this attraction.
On the other hand reaponsible people still get attacked, in places that are normally secure, and for that reason , I believe most women should be trained in some self defence and be armed as well.
Doing nothing to take responsibility for one's own protection is like inviting trouble to over come you.
Funny, there's STILL nothing in your world that says we should ALSO teach boys not to rape.

It's still ALL about the women.

Get a clue.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:23 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
This thread should end, for once and for all, the argument about who has brains and who doesn't.

Liberals spewing and spouting didn't watch the show and didn't see the interview. Yet they are the ones making the stupidest statements about the interview.

Thanks, liberals, for showing yourselves for what you really are: Clueless. This thread should be stickied.
Like this one.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...rum-rules.html

Old 03-06-2013, 12:32 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
No. What she means is MEN should be told not to rape. Period. If women are always told how to prevent rape, then men simply should be told not to rape.
So who are the people who are telling men to rape.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:33 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
I fear this is a concept that's simply too difficult for RWNJs and other rape apologists to grasp. And anyway, it's so much more entertaining to make fun of rape and women who don't understand why they should be blamed for it. Bonus: It's a great opportunity to promote gun worship.
And the idea that people should take precautions is apparently too much for you to understand. I suppose you never lock your house or car because people just shouldn't steal from you?

The sad thing is how people with your attitude are willing to let women get raped. Rather than giving people effective prevention strategies they'd rather label that "blaming the victim" and let them get raped in service to their political agenda.

Why take medicine? You just shouldn't get sick. Taking medicine is just blaming the victim.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:33 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,032,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
How do you teach a criminal not to break the laws?
Thats a very good question. Since crime rates can very greatly from place to place, country to country and society to society. From crime being almost non-existant in some places to rampid out of control lawlessness in others, some societies seem to be doing a pretty good job of teaching people not to break the law, and others not so great. So it is possible.

Probably the first step to learning the answer would be the eliminate the things that don't work.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:39 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post

I didn't mind too much when I've been sexually assaulted, but I understand it affects some people differently than others. I'd never want my wife or daughter to go thru something like that, but my advice to fend off a would be attacker would not be to appeal to the attackers good nature.
THAT'S NOT WHAT WAS SAID.
Try reading this thread and you can watch the youtube of what was ACTUALLY SAID.

You're making a joke out of rape, how quaint.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:40 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,032,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
How does society teach men not to rape? What would society do to teach men not to rape that society is not doing?.
Well some societies have a pretty low rate of sexul assault, so you should probably look at those societies to see what they are doing right.

I'd guess that better metal health counseling could be a big help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies