Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2013, 05:29 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Only God is perfect.

We are made in the image of God - an image is never a perfect representation of the original.

All you are doing is being presumptious, claiming that you know what is best for the Lord to have done.

As for God showing up - he did - in human form.

Jesus Christ walked the earth for 33 years, taught, healed, and ministered to His people. He died on a cross for the sins of all, was buried in a tomb, and on the third day after he was killed, was resurrected, and lives today.

He is fully God, was fully human, and is our Savior.

You may recieve his Spirit tonight by confessing your sin and accepting him as your Lord and Savior.

May God bless you.

Amen.
I put on my rubber boots, then said, "no, rubber boots aren't called for" and then pulled up my trout-fishing waders!!!

Let me see if I have your fable right, in principle.

Your perfect, all knowing, loving, entirely-competent creator made man and woman, but did such a crappy job they they soon pissed him off so much that he damned not only them, but all other men, women and animals, to lives of torment, pain and misery, to punish them for exhibiting the flaws he incorporated in them??

Tell me, Mr. Harrier, just what are you being saved from? And why would sky-daddy need to send his only son to wipe out sins and save us from, well, himself.

Did he tell Jesus to "go down and save those people from..... ME, 'cause if you don't, I'm sending them all to hell forever"?

15,095 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Right. Like you haven't spent the last two days googling and trying to figure out what the hell it means. But let's pretend for a second that you did already know what it was. In spite of what you allegedly already knew you went on to write as if you have never even heard of it. Attacking something that you knew was out of date. And you imagine that makes you look less than idiotic?

You may want to go back a year or two among the archives to see the subject discussed then ... maybe even involving you .... I really don't recall, as you monkey people all sing the same La La song so it's really hard to distinguish between you.

But to your point ... I don't acknowledge these exercises in after-the-fact excuse making and attempts to rehabilitate the theory on the fly by whatever terminology is selected .. be it "Punctuated Equilibrium", or "Island Theory", or an assortment of others, as legitimate or relevant to the fundamental basis of Darwinian Evolution Theory. Primarily because, first, the fraud of it is obscenely obvious, and two, these conjectures are not based on anything other than a desire to shield the theory from mortal wounds. So those excuses are of no value to me because their purpose is to stifle rational objections to the conjecture and supposition that makes up the body of Darwinism. In other words .... you don't get to change the rules halfway through the game, just because you have a losing hand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
This most recent prolix bloviation is simply another foaming diatribe on the tentative nature of science. I am sorry that you are so deeply offended by the the virtue that protects science from prejudice and ossification, but have certainly come to expect it.

Here is something that perhaps you should chew on: We know more today than we did yesterday. Will will know tomorrow more than we know today. This is actually good.

Until you figure out how to grasp that simple concept you will remain imprisoned in the acrid miasma of your furious bigotry.
Bigotry? I think you need a dictionary ... disagreeing with you is not related in any manner to bigotry. Neither is finding such a concept of virtue among the mainstream scientific dictatorship in this country a thoroughly laughable suggestion ... the oh so virtuous cabal of white coated ghouls whose tinkering with genetics has produced nothing but unpredictable threats to the entire biosphere .... their black kettles bubbling over with poisonous pharmaceuticals ... their screwing around with the atmosphere ... and the long list of preposterous pseudoscientific "facts and theories" whose true purpose is to reduce the intellectual capacity of the public to that of a garden vegetable, for which they believe themselves to be remotely related. Those who would attempt to offer a more promising intellectual outcome to the evolved monkeys are scoffed at by these illustrious man-apes. Brilliant nitwits, whose one and only response to being challenged with rational thinking are childish insults, which guarantees that they WILL NOT be smarter tomorrow than they were today .... with the odds on probability that they will most likely leave this word dumber than the day they arrived in it.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-26-2013 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: response to deletion

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
What's the difference between the Bible and Aesop's Fables?

No joke, its a serious question, I don't know what the difference is.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:38 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Man did not "create" any animals and no one, who support evolution, claims that man did create any animal.
Eh...

...There are a few kooky scientists trying to do just that.

...They are trying to create a living thing from scratch.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:38 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
What's the difference between the Bible and Aesop's Fables?

No joke, its a serious question, I don't know what the difference is.
Not much... the vast majority of the Bible's stories and fables are copies from other stories. It's a common accusation that the Bible is just a rehashing of earlier myths.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:43 PM

5,997 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Then show it.
I already did. You apparently chose not to see it.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:44 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
This thread isn't about creationism - it is about teaching evolution in public schools.

Wow - over 30 pages later and STILL not one shred of evidence supporting theory of evolution.
You are refusing to look.

Evidence for Evolution - YouTube

Old 03-18-2013, 05:52 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
That claiming the majority of anyone does <insert whatever> without proof is about as valid as your claim God exists...

Easily refuted in the same manner.
In that case, you ought to provide proof for what you asserted in the post to which i responded.

i know what I said is true.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-26-2013 at 02:49 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 03-18-2013, 05:55 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Actually, there is a will to live...
Which has nothing whatsoever to do with a "life force."

Old 03-18-2013, 05:56 PM

1,127 posts, read 904,028 times
Quote:
You have that backwards.

Evolution is a fairy tale.
Adam and Eve is as scientific theory and evolution is a fairy tale??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies