Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2013, 11:30 PM

1,127 posts, read 903,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
That seems to be your go to alternative ... not mine. You see, you people are so trapped in the left-right paradigm syndrome, it's always a choice between two false constructs.

Can you imagine for a moment that I might reject both fairy-tales? Both old white haired men .. the one in the clouds and the one who thinks a monkey is his uncle?

Try ... it's true .. I don't believe either story. And it's very telling that you seem to believe that everyone must chose one or the other.
Darwin isn't the only person who promoted evolution, most of the civilized world supports evolution.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:31 PM

15,061 posts, read 8,625,891 times

There was building blocks of DNA found in my coffee this morning. Sugar.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:01 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I do not see any other way of reasonably explaining the biological history of life so I totally agree with teaching evolution as part of a science curriculum.

I object to teaching Creationism or Intelligent Design as anything but another myth in a comparative religion or as delusion in a Psyche class.
In your not so humble opinion.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:15 AM

33,527 posts, read 37,128,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
That seems to be your go to alternative ... not mine. You see, you people are so trapped in the left-right paradigm syndrome, it's always a choice between two false constructs.

Can you imagine for a moment that I might reject both fairy-tales? Both old white haired men .. the one in the clouds and the one who thinks a monkey is his uncle?

Try ... it's true .. I don't believe either story. And it's very telling that you seem to believe that everyone must chose one or the other.
Good grief, you need to educate yourself....Evolution is fact. Not only that but without using the facts of evolution our life span would be greatly reduced...You have some catching up to do.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Good grief, you need to educate yourself....Evolution is fact. Not only that but without using the facts of evolution our life span would be greatly reduced...You have some catching up to do.
The bible says otherwise. Your science books have no merit here.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:26 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why teach creation?

My stance is that neither evolution or creationism should be taught in public schools.

Schools should teach natural history(biology without evolution) and leave the controversial stuff for elective courses of study(college).
I can see some merit in your suggestion. It is better to leave the unproveable origins of existence alone entirely than to teach an unproveable theory such as evolution as fact.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
The bible says otherwise. Your science books have no merit here.
Even If the Bible didn't exist, there is no evidence to support the theory of evolution as Darwin himself readily admitted. There are no transitional forms to show that any species evolved from any other. I don't see how the most resolute atheist can accept such a flawed theory. There is no evolution. There is only extinction and survival.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
Even If the Bible didn't exist, there is no evidence to support the theory of evolution as Darwin himself readily admitted. There are no transitional forms to show that any species evolved from any other. I don't see how the most resolute atheist can accept such a flawed theory. There is no evolution. There is only extinction and survival.
But it does, and the fact is that the Bible is the most cited reference that evolution is false. No other study, journal, paper, or book is cited more often, none.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
What about...

...adaptation and selective breeding.
Yes indeed! You can selectively breed for specific characteristics as Hitler intended to do with his blue eyed blonde superman baby factories, but what you end up with is obviously just another human. You can breed work horses or race horses but they are still just horses.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:40 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
There is nothing wrong with teaching evolution as a theory, along with creation as a theory. Neither should be taught as proven fact, because both are unproveable.
You obviously don't understand what the word "theory" means.

Evolution and Natural Selection are the ONLY reasonable explanations for life as we know it. It cannot be disproven (not yet anyway) and any other hypothesis, including the God hypothesis, is laughable and has no business in any science class...period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies