Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 12:36 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I used to be more in the middle as well.

The problem I had wasn't the ideas on the left, it was the people. If the left wing philosophy is one of being open minded and compassionate, then why were the actual people on the left so arrogant and insulting? And if the right wing was out for corporations and rich people like they were saying, how come so many middle class and poor people voted Republican?

So I actually looked into right wing politics and ideas. That's when I found out they were nothing like I was led to believe they were. I found no racism, I found no desire to control women, no hatred of poor people, no warmongering, none of that stuff. When I actually looked into it myself I found it made a lot more sense than the left.
Yep, after listening to the left (actually before the right) all I could do is watch in amazement asking "do people really believe that stuff?" Listening and talking to other right I did not find racism, controls issues with women. Pertaining to hatred of poor, the right does feel that welfare should not be a lifetime way of life.

Being a woman if I thought the right was trying to keep women down they would have lost my vote. That is NOT the case. I remember Democratic one campaign ad that said VOTE LIKE YOUR LADY PARTS DEPEND ON IT. REALLY? So this is how Democrats view woman?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Oh dear ... someone doesn't like having his/her words repeated back ... like I said, y'all say one thing one day, then deny it the next, and tell me I'm ignorant simply because I have a memory.
And why do you defend welfare so much? Do you think it is right that everyone else has to work, is away from their family, miss their kids birthdays and miss holidays, the kids cry because they want mommy to stay home instead of going to work, can not afford to buy their little girl or boy something because they have to support people who are perfectly capable and healthy but refuse to work? Do you think that is right?

I thought the left was into social justice? Where is the "social justice" for the people who do work? Where is the "justice for their kids"?

Every time you look a little deeper into the lefts beliefs you find more hypocrisy.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:03 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
No, "most" do not say that. A fractionally tiny minority say that.
From a current thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009
Yeah, right.

Where, and by what right, do "the poor" have complete access to food and shelter, cell telephones, televisions, indoor heat and plumbing, as well as plenty of clothing. Further, due to "being poor", they have not only free primary education, but scholarships for secondary education.

Yesterday, 06:32 PM
petch751
Senior MemberOh poor poor me, other Americans work to house and feed me at no cost to me and I still complain. oh wo is me.

From the infamous "Just stop all welfare" thread:

Harrier

True, but that does not mean that government should confiscate money at gunpoint and redistribute that money.

Helping others should be a voluntary act
- and if the money that is confiscated at gunpoint were left in the hands of those who earned it, more would be available to support private charity.

tworent:

Thats about right most people are to lazy to work hard and do it for themselves and they take the easy way out.

shiftymh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner
If we were to suddenly cut off welfare at this moment, this could cause alot of panic, followed by alot of looting, violence and other problems. Case in point, Hurricane Katrina. People were desperate, and they did the unthinkable. It isn't right. However, I'm just stating the worst case scenario.

And it would be the duty of the rest of civilized society to put them down.

Roadking2003

Your headline is correct. We need to end ALL welfare; corporate and individual.

buck 1952r

All you liberal comies are idiot's!!!!!!. Why do you in anyway think that giving welfare to lazy people who claim they can't work is right!? I mean people work hard every day to get enough money for themselves to live than get half taken away. Mainly because these welfare people who can easily work say they see red rabbit's everywhere so their disabled!! It makes me sick!! So yes 95 percent of welfare should be cut!!!! (Oh yay, Buck1952 would let us keep 5%...)

Jean71

Now its for everyone with very little oversight. Millions of people committing welfare fraud. People milking as much as they can. People who need it getting less than those who don't need it(or need as much as they're getting).
Meth heads riding the welfare train.

Roadking again, my personal fave!
Roadking2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2

I say let's reform all welfare programs, but not stop them. I mean, what about someone born as a paraplegic? There are legitimate uses for welfare. We should just get the federal government out of it.

That's what private charities are for. And hospitals have always provided charitable services.

From other threads:

monkeywrenching

yay, I would rather get rid of medicare, medicaid, social security and the current tax system completely.

get rid of it all, and start over with just a maximum sale tax of 10%-12% and no more by the amendment process.

no other taxes at all and especially no other fees by government.

dapanza107

What does it matter if the big businesses rape the working public of the money they deserve? These low-life losers who live off the government and don't work are still going to do what they do anyway. And that pisses me off to no end that my hard working tax dollars are helping to pay for the lifestyles of these leeches

Just having some fun here ... it's all about the leeches, the lazy, the greedy. So much hate. And anyone coming here from say, outer space, would see all this within a few days of joining. *sigh*

Old 03-18-2013, 01:07 PM

LOL, how hard did you work on that one. But you refuse to answer my question. Where is the social justice for people who work to pay for it.

And why do you defend welfare so much? Do you think it is right that everyone else has to work, is away from their family, miss their kids birthdays and miss holidays, the kids cry because they want mommy to stay home instead of going to work, can not afford to buy their little girl or boy something because they have to support people who are perfectly capable and healthy but refuse to work? Do you think that is right?

Old 03-18-2013, 01:08 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post

I thought the left was into social justice? Where is the "social justice" for the people who do work? Where is the "justice for their kids"?

Every time you look a little deeper into the lefts beliefs you find more hypocrisy.
I work. I go through all that stuff you just listed. What, you thought you had some righteous monopoly on suffering?

I just don't see the less fortunate as my enemy, as the right seems to do. I don't even know anyone "leeching" off the system. I can't even remember the last time I read an account of such a person that wasn't someone's fantasy. I'm sure there are some, but not enough to cause me to lose sleep over it, post ugly things about them daily, rant and rave, and advocate for stuff like "putting them down" and other fun stuff i see here on C-D. I don't feel like I'm being robbed by those folks.

I do feel I'm being robbed by corporations and the trust fund babies who spend their disposable income on lobbyists and made-up television "news" to convince people like you that your fellow Americans are "leeches."

Old 03-18-2013, 01:13 PM

Parent: Honey, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Child: I don't want to be anybody, I'll get welfare.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
I work. I go through all that stuff you just listed. What, you thought you had some righteous monopoly on suffering?

I just don't see the less fortunate as my enemy, as the right seems to do. I don't even know anyone "leeching" off the system. I can't even remember the last time I read an account of such a person that wasn't someone's fantasy. I'm sure there are some, but not enough to cause me to lose sleep over it, post ugly things about them daily, rant and rave, and advocate for stuff like "putting them down" and other fun stuff i see here on C-D. I don't feel like I'm being robbed by those folks.

I do feel I'm being robbed by corporations and the trust fund babies who spend their disposable income on lobbyists and made-up television "news" to convince people like you that your fellow Americans are "leeches."
Don't' you know, Washington DC is the richest part of the country. Mult-million dollar homes owned are selling very well and being bought up by lobbyist. But you don't think lobbyist, big corporations and bankers are thriving and doing well under Obama? You need to wake up. The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. Wow MSM is really keeping you people in the dark. The only thing I hear coming out of Obama's mouth is higher taxes and green energy investing. The only time I hear anything about the poor is when he wants your vote or when he wants you to put pressure on republicans.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:20 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
PS to KidKaos: I read here all the time to educate myself on your kind. What liberal blogs do you read?
You don't educate yourself. You've said that the right wants to end all welfare. Every single conservative who has responded to your claim has said they do not want to end all welfare. Yet you continue to say it. If you were here to educate yourself then then you would say "huh, guess I was wrong on that one". Educating yourself about someone is actually learning about them. Not coming in with preconceived notions, being told by the very people you are supposedly educating yourself on that the notion is not true of them, and responding by dismissing them. If you say "John thinks 1+1=3" and John says "1+1=2" and you say "no, you think it's 3" then you aren't educating yourself.

Making up opinions and then attributing them to people over their protests is not educating yourself about them.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:22 PM

"What about the poor" has become the lefts manipulation technique to make working Americans and small business owners pay higher taxes.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:31 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
If C-D is any indication of why DC is the way it is... we might as well burn it to the ground and start from scratch...Is it any wonder nothing gets done?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies