Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 08:48 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,606,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
This is the typical scenario for restaurants, ours included, and probably a lot of small businesses in general.
Obamacare was sold as not effecting small business and as the years passed more details emerged.
It's really the big corporations that are unaffected as there's nothing they need to do or pay that they aren't doing already. And unions, with their cadillac plans, are exempt for now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 08:54 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,665,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
This has nothing to do with the topic at hand. The fact of the matter is that it's too expensive to be practical and lots of people will be out of work, both business owners and employees. It doesn't matter that it "feels good" to say everyone deserves health insurance.
Easy for you to dismiss it as a "feel good" measure. It's the only way I will be able to get healthcare insurance, so, whatever.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Easy for you to dismiss it as a "feel good" measure. It's the only way I will be able to get healthcare insurance, so, whatever.
And you don't care who has to pay for it either, even if it puts small business out of business.
What's so "fair" about that ?

Old 03-22-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And you don't care who has to pay for it either, even if it puts small business out of business.
What's so "fair" about that ?
That is the most ignorant reply that has ever been made to me on CD forums. Yes, oddly enough I do care enough about my own life to try to stay alive. Yes, that is a priority for me more than the ventures of some business. I will pay for it, myself. I am happy to pay whatever is required for my own healthcare insurance, as long as some company is forced to sell it to me. Do you not understand this? Under the current system, health care companies can refuse to sell you healthcare insurance at any price. All I want is the right to purchase health insurance like other people do, and be ripped-off as much as everyone else is, that's what so "fair" about it.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:01 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,890,561 times
Quote:
And here is rub, you get it but someone more needy than you doesn't....

Old 03-22-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
I will pay for it, myself. I am happy to pay whatever is required for my own healthcare insurance, as long as some company is forced to sell it to me. Do you not understand this? Under the current system, health care companies can refuse to sell you healthcare insurance at any price. All I want is the right to purchase health insurance like other people do.
It's subsidized by other people via increased premiums, fees, and penalties. What do YOU not understand about this ?

Obamacare did more than just eliminate high risk refusals.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:04 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,043,569 times
Quote:
Do without and pay your fine like the rest of us commoners and kiss your dream of obamacare goodbye.It was the stupidest crap ever dreamed up and will never work or get through the lawsuits.I will apply at an exchange just to try to aviod the obama fine wich I cant afford but not for free healthcare I dont do drugs legal or not.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's subsidized by other people via increased premiums, fees, and penalties. What do YOU not understand about this ?

Obamacare did more than just eliminate high risk refusals.
Yeah, whatever. And for this reason I am not going to purchase healthcare insurance? The last time I did pay, I paid about $900 a month, for a single person. So, don't worry. I'm sure I will be paying my fair share of healthcare premiums. Sorry, I'm not willing to dive on the sword for you.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Yeah, whatever. And for this reason I am not going to purchase healthcare insurance? The last time I did pay, I paid about $900 a month, for a single person. So, don't worry. I'm sure I will be paying my fair share of healthcare premiums. Sorry, I'm not willing to dive on the sword for you.
Typical "I got mine" response.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:11 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,577,720 times
Quote:
That is the most ignorant reply that has ever been made to me on CD forums. Yes, oddly enough I do care enough about my own life to try to stay alive. Yes, that is a priority for me more than the ventures of some business. I will pay for it, myself. I am happy to pay whatever is required for my own healthcare insurance, as long as some company is forced to sell it to me. Do you not understand this? Under the current system, health care companies can refuse to sell you healthcare insurance at any price. All I want is the right to purchase health insurance like other people do, and be ripped-off as much as everyone else is, that's what so "fair" about it.
How dare you care about yourself? I mean, really.

While most of these right -wing whiners are spending our Medicare, disability, and unemployment dollars.

It's laughable really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies