Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 09:12 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,829,388 times

Advertisements

So what is the alternative? Back to 2008?

NO isn't a solution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 09:13 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,974,131 times
There has got to be a way for small businesses to not have to go under due to the huge cost. One answer I've been hearing is to cut employees back to 29 hours. That's not a good option for many, but not all businesses have wads of cash sitting around or have huge take home profits.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:13 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,641,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
So what is the alternative? Back to 2008?

NO isn't a solution.
There is no alternative and there is no going back.
It's "forward", remember ?

We'll just have to wait and see the fallout.
The ones most likely to feel it are the employees.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:14 PM

11,579 posts, read 13,974,279 times
Small Businesses are going to take it up the whazzoo as the years go by. That $2K penalty is going to increase each year until you have no choice but buy the insurance.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:15 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,670,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Typical "I got mine" response.
Another ignorant response. For the last 10 years I have been paying all my medical expenses out-of-pocket. Once Obamacare comes into full effect, people like me will be able to finally purchase healthcare insurance. And that is in some way objectionable to you? I'm supposed to care more about the ventures of a small business, which in my opinion will not be hurt by Obamacare, than my own life? And that's selfish to you? I'm supposed to not get healthcare insurance, and maybe die from lack of medical care, so that some small business can make more profit? Most small business owners support Obamacare, so even there your argument is a fail.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:18 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,047,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
How dare you care about yourself? I mean, really.

While most of these right -wing whiners are spending our Medicare, disability, and unemployment dollars.

It's laughable really.
The insult trading name calling is very unwelcome and not adding anything to this conversation. This healthcare mess crosses all lines.All medicare,disability and those on unemployment are from all walks of life not just those you hate.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:18 PM

11,579 posts, read 13,974,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
the ventures of a small business, which in my opinion will not be hurt by Obamacare,
Lie #1

Quote:
Most small business owners support Obamacare, so even there your argument is a fail.
Lie # 2

Might as well throw one more whopper out there and go for the hat-trick.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:19 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,285,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Another ignorant response. For the last 10 years I have been paying all my medical expenses out-of-pocket. Once Obamacare comes into full effect, people like me will be able to finally purchase healthcare insurance. And that is in some way objectionable to you? I'm supposed to care more about the ventures of a small business, which in my opinion will not be hurt by Obamacare, than my own life? And that's selfish to you? I'm supposed to not get healthcare insurance, and maybe die from lack of medical care, so that some small business can make more profit? Most small business owners support Obamacare, so even there your argument is a fail.
Does your state not have a high risk pool? Not every state offers it, but I believe more than half do.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:21 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,670,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Does your state not have a high risk pool? Not every state offers it, but I believe more than half do.
Only if you have never had a gap in your health insurance, and at some point when I was paying around $900, I had a gap of a few months. It was a technical screw-up, and I argued that I had not had a gap, and they said I did, and the only way to have pursued it was to pay some lawyer a ton of money, so that was it.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:22 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,591,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
The insult trading name calling is very unwelcome and not adding anything to this conversation. This healthcare mess crosses all lines.All medicare,disability and those on unemployment are from all walks of life not just those you hate.
Please. This thread is full of hate, as usual, and I made only one post.

I find it amusing that those that scream the loudest about various 'entitlement spending' and hating on the 'takers' are generously availing themselves of the very same thing.

Sue me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies