Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 09:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Does your state not have a high risk pool? Not every state offers it, but I believe more than half do.
35 states run their own high risk pools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 09:26 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
So what is the alternative? Back to 2008?

NO isn't a solution.

Serious question. Have you paid any attention to what has been coming out about Obamacare and the impact it is going to have? Any attention to the tons of new rules and regs? If you had, you would be concerned about its impact on businesses, on people, on our economy, and on our quality of care.

Passing a pile of garbage is not better than what we had before. What we had before was not perfect and needed improvements. But to replace that with Obamacare is asinine.

The alternative is to repeal Obamacare and have a serious discussion about improvements that can be made to what we had before.

How many times does it have to be said? Obamacare was NEVER about helping those who couldnt get insurance.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:30 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Serious question. Have you paid any attention to what has been coming out about Obamacare and the impact it is going to have? Any attention to the tons of new rules and regs? If you had, you would be concerned about its impact on businesses, on people, on our economy, and on our quality of care.

Passing a pile of garbage is not better than what we had before. What we had before was not perfect and needed improvements. But to replace that with Obamacare is asinine.

The alternative is to repeal Obamacare and have a serious discussion about improvements that can be made to what we had before.

How many times does it have to be said? Obamacare was NEVER about helping those who couldnt get insurance.
Funny I seem to recall all kinds of Congressional hearings and people testifying who had been denied healthcare insurance or been dropped when their child became ill.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:30 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
with a 28 hour work week the new norm everyone will be employed,at both jobs.The new obama world.Work a few weekends to pay your fine and your the new middle class

Old 03-22-2013, 09:39 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,817,498 times
It would be nice to have a serious discussion. There was one last time. But some would not discuss, only say NO.

As far as going back to 2008 that was simply not working at all. The private insurance products were offering less each year, excluding an increasing number of people and rapidly losing a lot of customers.

In truth, Obamacare is the crutch propping up these insurance companies today. As I've written before its their lifeline. Without it they'll fold.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:48 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I was denied health care insurance, I am not lying. Maybe it depends on the details of one's particular case. If it wasn't a problem with people with pre-existing conditions to get healthcare insurance than that would never have been an issue. And it was a HUGE issue. Also, if the premiums are so high that they are unaffordable, that's no help either.

Obamacare will guarantee affordable insurance because of the health care exchanges, or else depending on your income, the government will assist you with health insurance payments.
I know someone who had breast cancer (double mastectomy) and part of her divorce settlement was that her ex would continue paying her ins premiums b/c they were so high and he had significantly more income than she did. So I know people with cancer can get ins, just depends what you're willing to pay, I guess.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:50 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I know someone who had breast cancer (double mastectomy) and part of her divorce settlement was that her ex would continue paying her ins premiums b/c they were so high and he had significantly more income than she did. So I know people with cancer can get ins, just depends what you're willing to pay, I guess.
I could not get it period, OK. If you are a very young cancer survivor, it is extremely difficult. So it varies by your individual case, obviously.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Please. This thread is full of hate, as usual, and I made only one post.

I find it amusing that those that scream the loudest about various 'entitlement spending' and hating on the 'takers' are generously availing themselves of the very same thing.

Sue me.
Full of hate? Wanting to make sure small business owners can stay in business and keep people employed is hateful?

Old 03-22-2013, 09:56 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Full of hate? Wanting to make sure small business owners can stay in business and keep people employed is hateful?
Don't be disingenuous. It's unbecoming.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Don't be disingenuous. It's unbecoming.
Okay, well, that's what this thread is about, so if you only want to add sarcasm, maybe your time is better spent elsewhere. Do you have anything to say about the OP?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies