Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2013, 04:12 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,200,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenured View Post
You have reading comprehension issues. He/she was just disproving your claim. If you say that the only business that supports it is Amazon and another business stands up and says they support it, YOU ARE WRONG BUDDY. Deal with it. This has been an active discussion among SBA's across the nation. There's certainly support for it. All you have to do is go to a conference to see it.
I dont give a rats ass if people support it.. Hell, lots of people support banning gay marriage, so I guess that makes it ok, right?
Quote:
Just because you're fond of committing crimes, doesn't mean everyone else is. Speak for yourself and not for others..
Oh please stop lying. no where did I come close to that
Quote:
This will be resolved. Don't worry about it. You're thought process here is too shallow.
Yeah, the shallow thought process of not wanting to send out 10,000 checks yearly to every municipality.. How selfish of me... Oh wait, why again are you asking me to do this? Thats right because some idiots wont send one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 04:18 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,184,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I dont give a rats ass if people support it.. Hell, lots of people support banning gay marriage, so I guess that makes it ok, right?
You missed the entire point. It's not whether you care. It's just pointing out that you are making false statements and you were corrected. Why bother even participating in discussions if you plan on just coming off as a liar?
Quote:

Oh please stop lying. no where did I come close to that

Yeah, the shallow thought process of not wanting to send out 10,000 checks yearly to every municipality.. How selfish of me... Oh wait, why again are you asking me to do this? Thats right because some idiots wont send one.
There's no way a properly run business would be in fear of writing 10,000 checks yearly under this proposal.

Why do you intend on being rude? It sounds like a 5 year old. Let's have a polite discussion. Have a nice day.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:27 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,784,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
You missed the entire point. It's not whether you care. It's just pointing out that you are making false statements and you were corrected. Why bother even participating in discussions if you plan on just coming off as a liar?

There's no way a properly run business would be in fear of writing 10,000 checks yearly under this proposal.

Why do you intend on being rude? It sounds like a 5 year old. Let's have a polite discussion. Have a nice day.
another liberal that doesn't run a business but thinks they know it all.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:27 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,279,027 times
Quote:
Then create an enforcement mechanism, how the hell is creating another law for some company 1000 miles away going to help?
Actually, I would prefer to be given a choice between paying my home sales tax and the company state location sales tax.. My state only requires sales tax to be paid when sales tax was not collected and sales tax is normally collected. If I go on vacation to a state that doesn't require sales tax and buy something I'm not required to pay sales tax. If I go online and buy something and do not pay tax then I owe tax to my state.

Quote:
But we dont report sales tax revenues to the IRS, so this is meaningless
It isn't based on sales tax revenue.

Quote:
Actually they do, they just need to come up with the money when its due
Some do and some don't. I'm not aware of any that are spending tax money as it is usually remitted every 3 months.

Quote:
And unless the state wants to audit my sales, they'd have no idea how much I ship to their state.
I think it is based on revenue, not how much is shipped to any individual state.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
So because a handful of large corporations support it, I'm a liar, thats some standard you got there bucko..
Quote:
Got it, if someone doesnt want to spend thousands of dollars updating their system, and another $5K a year in postage alone to send out checks, then their business isnt properly run.. haha.. your a trip
Quote:
When you say dumb things like companies wouldnt have a fear of writing 10,000 checks a year, you deserve the response you get.

Dont want to get a blunt response thats honest, then maybe your mother will sugarcoat it for you.. I'm not under the same obligations nor concerns she will have.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yeah, no one should be fearful of sending out 10,000 checks.. Did they just say that? What a tool

Old 04-26-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yes, these liberals don't know what they are talking about. Yourself included according to your previous posts.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Actually, I would prefer to be given a choice between paying my home sales tax and the company state location sales tax.. My state only requires sales tax to be paid when sales tax was not collected and sales tax is normally collected. If I go on vacation to a state that doesn't require sales tax and buy something I'm not required to pay sales tax. If I go online and buy something and do not pay tax then I owe tax to my state.
Bingo.. So if you owe the tax then why should I be liable because you wont pay it?
Quote:
It isn't based on sales tax revenue.
what isnt?
Quote:
Some do and some don't. I'm not aware of any that are spending tax money as it is usually remitted every 3 months.
Companies all mix the funds together, its not like they keep a special account for every reason. Hell, if they did, I'd have to open up 10,000 different accounts to pay taxes under this bill, something I think even you'd acknowledge would be ridiculous
Quote:
I think it is based on revenue, not how much is shipped to any individual state.
yes I know, but each state and municipality must pass individual regulations to then require collections.

Its not ONE bill, requiring ONE collection.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:35 PM

Quote:
So because a handful of large corporations support it, I'm a liar, thats some standard you got there bucko..
Tenured mentioned SBAs. Large businesses are not attending SBA conferences.
Quote:

Got it, if someone doesnt want to spend thousands of dollars updating their system, and another $5K a year in postage alone to send out checks, then their business isnt properly run.. haha.. your a trip

When you say dumb things like companies wouldnt have a fear of writing 10,000 checks a year, you deserve the response you get.
This has also been discussed previously in this thread. The SaaS provider would update the software. Refer to the case study in this thread.
Quote:

Dont want to get a blunt response thats honest, then maybe your mother will sugarcoat it for you.. I'm not under the same obligations nor concerns she will have.
You're beyond blunt, you're rude. But that's what I'd expect from you liberals wanting federal government to weaken the states.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Tenured mentioned SBAs. Large businesses are not attending SBA conferences.
SBA people are exempt since their under $1M a year in sales usually and arent internet businesses. Their supporting of a bill that doesnt affect them dont hold much value.

FAIL
Quote:
This has also been discussed previously in this thread. The SaaS provider would update the software. Refer to the case study in this thread.
I know dam well how it works, similar to how they already provide ICD9 and UCR software, but each one of these software needs custom integrations built. Or do you think every program is the same? Were all the borg..
Quote:
You're beyond blunt, you're rude. But that's what I'd expect from you liberals wanting federal government to weaken the states.
This from the guy who said its no big deal to write out 10,000 different checks and if you wont, you support big brother.

Yes, I'm being rude because you're saying dumb things like that.. No one is weaking the states, they ALREAYD have the authority to collect.. THEY JUST ARENT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies