Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2013, 06:12 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,364,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
Can you please answer a simple question?

If the Republican party is dying as you say then why does it control control 30 state governorships, 27 state legislatures and the US House of Representatives?

Seems to me they're doing pretty well for a party that is dying.
It's called gerrymandering - districting to your party's political advantage. It's American as apple pie.

Nevertheless, some of these seats may be in danger - such as Gov. Rick Scott of Florida, who is tremendously unpopular, and Rick Snyder of Michigan.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:53 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,399,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
It's called gerrymandering - districting to your party's political advantage. It's American as apple pie.

Nevertheless, some of these seats may be in danger - such as Gov. Rick Scott of Florida, who is tremendously unpopular, and Rick Snyder of Michigan.

AHhh I see. When Democrats win it's the will of the people but when Republicans win it can only be explained by "gerrymandering."

Typical liberal response.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:37 AM

977 posts, read 764,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post
Disgusting and absolutely vile.
I responded the way I was posted to. Your hypocrisy is noted.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post
Disgusting and absolutely vile.

Newsflash, you are a perfect personification of EXACTLY why the Republicans are the losing party!

The Republican party is dying so your choices are limited. Either radically change and adapt or die. Period.

You guys continue to insult and push more and more Americans further and further away and then act flabbergasted when you lose elections. Is it really that confusing? C'mon, this isn't the mystery of the century here.

But if one is to judge by the posts here on C-D by some of the hard-core RWNJs, then change doesn't look like it's happening any time soon. So keep on doing what you're doing and keep on losing elections. Maybe change and you'll have a shot in 2024? Because 2016 through then is about about President Clinton.

P.S. A good start is real universal health care, 21st century views on social issues which you're losing anyways (gay marriage, abortion, soft drugs, etc.), and a real social safety net. Good luck!
Slowly but surely LIEberalism has succeeded in getting everyone to collectively bend over and here we are today looking into the abyss. We are now officially in Bizarro World.

Mounting debt is good,
Printing money is good.
Killing the unborn is good.
You didn't build that.
You are not paying your fair share.
PC trumps all.
Hate and attack God.
Nationalize corporations
Gay marriage should be the law but not the second amendment
Nationalize HC
etc., etc.....

I'll stay right where I am instead of championing the destruction of the nation as you have opted to do.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:45 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Liberalism has been around for more than 50 years. It was liberals that ended slavery in this country.
It was liberals that got women the right to vote. It was liberals that got blacks the right to vote. It was liberals that started Social Security that brought millions of seniors out of poverty. It was liberals tat started Medicare that gave seniors access to health care in old age. It was liberals who gave us unemployment insurance, environmental protection and worker safety.

Where were conservatives in all of this? They opposed every one of them -- every one.

I think liberalism has a pretty good record.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
Slowly but surely LIEberalism has succeeded in getting everyone to collectively bend over and here we are today looking into the abyss. We are now officially in Bizarro World.

Mounting debt is good,
Printing money is good.
Killing the unborn is good.
You didn't build that.
You are not paying your fair share.
PC trumps all.
Hate and attack God.
Nationalize corporations
Gay marriage should be the law but not the second amendment
Nationalize HC
etc., etc.....

I'll stay right where I am instead of championing the destruction of the nation as you have opted to do.
Your list is a strawman. Liberals don't believe in what you accuses. As a matter of policy, it's a good idea to expand the money supply and run deficits in a weak economy. Gay marriage is a right and liberals believe in the 2nd amendment but don't think it's a right that allows crazy people to buy guns.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Your list is a strawman.
And you're in denial.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
And you're in denial.
Nice retort. How many hours did it take to come up with that one? Your use of supporting evidence is outstanding.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Nice retort. How many hours did it take to come up with that one? Your use of supporting evidence is outstanding.
It was as pithy as your 'strawman' quip.

Evidence? Are you kidding? Who are the proponents of everything on my list?

Old 04-08-2013, 08:21 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
I would submit it is the neocon philosophy that has done this the most. Since I am more of a paleoconservative by comparison on many issues I despise the neocon reinterpretation.
I've checked out paleoconservatism. I see some elements in it that are racist. I don't like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies