Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 11:34 AM

977 posts, read 764,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclyde View Post
I agree. If his intention is to make the Republican party more attractive to Black Americans. Then this immature rhetoric is not going to work.

He is a highly educated man and very accomplished. I would assume that he could be a little more articulate than this. It's sort of embarrassing.

But I wonder if this is what happens when Republicans get into the national scene. Michael Steele was a great politician for Maryland. IMO. But when he was pushed into the National scene. He too started to follow the same script that they have all Black conservatives follow. He basically sold out. Now that he is reverting back to his normal self.
That post is typical of how dems view black people. If they are conservative, then they are 'off script' in the 'mind' of a dem. 'Sell out' equals 'not black enough' to lefties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
It's amusing that republicans think that the big threat to democrats is the latest black conservative to openly insult the vast majority of black voters. It didn't work with Herman Cain, it didn't work with Allen West, it didn't work with CL Bryant, it didn't work with Jesse Lee Peterson. Why on earth do you think it would work with Ben Carson?
It's pathetic that libs who go after black conservatives claim to be 'inclusive' yet castigate any black pol who 'leaves the ranch' by attacking how libs have treated blacks the last 50 years. You underline my point.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
How is he a threat? He seems like any other far right nut who rejects reality and spouts hateful rhetoric to get attention.
I rest my case.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:24 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
I rest my case.
You'll note that my characterization of him had precisely nothing to do with his race.

He's a nut who just happens to be black, but the color of his skin has exactly zero to do with my opinion of the man. It seems only Republicans are hung up on the skin color, and constantly attempt to project that onto Democrats, who simply disagree with the man because of the hateful, divisive rhetoric he spews. You guys hold him up as some sort of conservative hero and accuse Democrats of disliking the man because he "left the plantation" (and various other things you guys put in quotes that weren't actually said by Democrats). The reality is that his positions are just as hateful, divisive, and intellectually bankrupt as the crap spewed by the rest of the right wing talk show fixtures. That is why people don't like him.

If you guys want a smart, articulate black person (because apparently that's something you feel you need), perhaps you should look at people like Condi Rice and Colin Powell. Of course they, not being wingnuts, will probably not satisfy your thirst for a black person who says crazy offensive things that you agree with.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:33 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I'm not sure why Ben Carson thinks he shouldn't be held to the same standard as everyone else? If say something stupid, you will get called out for it.
Only the Left thinks the truth is stupid.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
You'll note that my characterization of him had precisely nothing to do with his race.

He's a nut who just happens to be black, but the color of his skin has exactly zero to do with my opinion of the man. It seems only Republicans are hung up on the skin color, and constantly attempt to project that onto Democrats, who simply disagree with the man because of the hateful, divisive rhetoric he spews. You guys hold him up as some sort of conservative hero and accuse Democrats of disliking the man because he "left the plantation" (and various other things you guys put in quotes that weren't actually said by Democrats). The reality is that his positions are just as hateful, divisive, and intellectually bankrupt as the crap spewed by the rest of the right wing talk show fixtures. That is why people don't like him.

If you guys want a smart, articulate black person (because apparently that's something you feel you need), perhaps you should look at people like Condi Rice and Colin Powell. Of course they, not being wingnuts, will probably not satisfy your thirst for a black person who says crazy offensive things that you agree with.
Why is he a nut? Because he isn't PC? He spoke the truth. Prove him wrong instead of crying about what he said.

And it's the lefties who get psychotic about skin color. You attack Obama and you're automatically a racist.

And my quotes by racist dems are accurate. Deal with it.

The rest of your post makes my point as to your hatred of a black conservative who speaks the truth. Good job Senator Byrd.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:45 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,736,448 times
Quote:
And it's the lefties who get psychotic about skin color. You attack Obama and you're automatically a racist.
We're not racists. Further, the only reason Repukes have Carson there spewing, is because we aren't racists, and Repukes stand as the racists in this country, so they run like rats, trying to find somebody somewhere of color to pay, who will spew their shpiel, in the hopes of saying, "LOOK! We found ONE PERSON of color who will agree with us, so we're not racists!"

Old 04-04-2013, 01:25 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,366 times
Quote:
It's pathetic that libs who go after black conservatives claim to be 'inclusive' yet castigate any black pol who 'leaves the ranch' by attacking how libs have treated blacks the last 50 years. You underline my point.
Sorry, I didn't even discuss "any black pol who leaves the ranch". I would say no such thing about, among others, JC Watts, Colin Powell, Condaleeza Rice, or Michael Steele. All of those four are deeply knowledgable about politics and policy. All of them have a firm grasp of history. And none of them employ obnoxious and plainly racist rhetoric about how black people, uniquely among US voters, are "brainwashed" or "on the democrat plantation." And yes, it's racist even espoused by a distinguished surgeon and community worker like Ben Carson.

But Republicans continue to eat it up. Which would say a lot about their party, if it weren't for all of the other instances of overt hostility towards black Americans that we've seen over the past four or...fifty years.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:29 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
We're not racists. Further, the only reason Repukes have Carson there spewing, is because we aren't racists, and Repukes stand as the racists in this country, so they run like rats, trying to find somebody somewhere of color to pay, who will spew their shpiel, in the hopes of saying, "LOOK! We found ONE PERSON of color who will agree with us, so we're not racists!"
Repukes? Grow up!

So you are saying the republicans control this man? That they forced Dr Carson to say what he says? Wow, you are truly racist.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:32 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclyde View Post
I agree. If his intention is to make the Republican party more attractive to Black Americans. Then this immature rhetoric is not going to work.

He is a highly educated man and very accomplished. I would assume that he could be a little more articulate than this. It's sort of embarrassing.

But I wonder if this is what happens when Republicans get into the national scene. Michael Steele was a great politician for Maryland. IMO. But when he was pushed into the National scene. He too started to follow the same script that they have all Black conservatives follow. He basically sold out. Now that he is reverting back to his normal self.
Michael Steele is the first to say that he was used and thrown away by the GOP. The man did the job he was hired to do for the RNC in 2008, and did it very well, and didn't even get an invite to the 2012 convention.
Why people cannot see this sham for what it is is totally beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies