Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 08:10 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,560,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcattwood View Post
And conservatives would be decrying the playing of the "race card".

Typical conservative hypocrisy.
So you are saying that the "race card" is okay to play if you are a democrat but not for a conservative?

Perhaps you need a new dictionary to look for the meaning of hypocrisy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I'm not sure why Ben Carson thinks he shouldn't be held to the same standard as everyone else? If say something stupid, you will get called out for it.
Unless it is one of the continual lies from Obama

Old 04-04-2013, 08:13 AM

945 posts, read 968,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
It's amusing that republicans think that the big threat to democrats is the latest black conservative to openly insult the vast majority of black voters. It didn't work with Herman Cain, it didn't work with Allen West, it didn't work with CL Bryant, it didn't work with Jesse Lee Peterson. Why on earth do you think it would work with Ben Carson?

Because those two people were easily dismissed. The Pizza dude and a dumb soldier is easy to make go away.

A renown surgeon with undeniable college pedigree from the same school as the usual elites makes it a lot harder to defend.

Plus Cain and West weren't that great, they just go loud on a couple subjects and were business as usual.

The authors quote Reid as saying privately that Obama, as a black candidate, could be successful thanks, in part, to his "light-skinned" appearance and speaking patterns "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one."

Substitute Harry Reid's reference to BO with Carson, and that is why he will be an impact.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
And YOU would be screaming that every criticism is not a racist remark. Talk about hypocrisy
Since YOU seem to equate criticism with racism, perhaps it is you who have a problem.

Hint: unless you use them so, they are not related.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Really?

WHERE was a racist comment made about Carson?

He's a whiny little pissant, that he's black is irrelevant to that.
Speaking of whiny.

Point out where exactly I said there was a racist comment made, other than in you obviously biased imagination.

Additionally, that he is black is exactly on point. He is causing a fear factor among all of those oh so loving liberals (as long as one agree with them).

Perhaps weaning yourself off the obama juice would be of some help to you.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I love how quick the Cons are to turn this into a race issue, this isn't about race, it is about a guy whining because people criticized his opinion.
Perhaps you should take note that I stated (and have history as proof of it) that obama supporters would scream racism if the tables were turned. After all, they have on every other criticism of their savior.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Would it change your opinion of either man if you knew for sure?
It would certainly add knowledge to the forming of an opinion. The facts have a tendency to do that, if they are allowed to be known.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:53 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
The left needs to destroy him at all costs. He is a threat to their monopoly on blacks. So they'll be 'uncle Tomming' him, saying that he is not a 'real black' as he does not fit their image of what a black man should be. Libs are generally racist.
How is he a threat? He seems like any other far right nut who rejects reality and spouts hateful rhetoric to get attention.

I'd put him in the same camp as people like Alan Keyes, another far right conservative whackjob who, despite being well educated, still spouts off hateful nonsense on a regular basis and behaves like a child. How'd his political career work out? Oh right, he lost to none other Barack Obama by 43 points.

Hateful, Ann Coulter-ish rhetoric spewed by educated black people is only attractive to a fairly small segment of society.

The right does this over and over (Keyes, West, Cain (I'm hesitant to lump him in there, as he seems like a much better person than the other two), etc). They find someone who says all the ridiculous, divisive, hateful crap they say and conclude that they're a rising political rock star because they happen to be saying those things while being black. It almost never works out. The problem is the message itself, not the color of the skin or the credentials of the person who's saying it.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:32 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,053 times
Aren't people tired yet of the racist Democrats calling every black person that doesn't toe their liberal ideology an "Uncle Tom", a "traitor to their race" ( really? how does one become a traitor to their own race if the party this race supports invented Jim Crow laws and worked against civil rights? ) or, my favorite, "token".

Yes, there's a lot of "token blacks" in the Republican party, LoL.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:32 AM

977 posts, read 764,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I guess you're headed over to Stormfront, then, to get your talking points. Check.
If I knew what that was, I may take issue with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies