Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 12:34 PM

977 posts, read 764,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
B.S....and you know it.
His point is that WE'LL make that determination without your input.
I'll say what I please. You determine nothing about me kid. Stay stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 12:35 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
91% of blacks vote dem no matter what. Facts are facts. And the 'southern strategy' crap is old and tiring.

Here is what your party thinks of blacks yet blacks keep voting for dems..............which is 'stupid'............

Top Racist Democrat Quotes
Hip Hop Republican ^ | 8/20/06 | (none)
Posted on 4/1/2010 9:09:21 AM by laotzu
Some of these quotes are not even racist, Donna Brazile's for example, heck, republicans even admit to doing what they said. It was part of their 2012 report. Other people on this list have never even identified as Democrats, the person who wrote that article simply labeled them democrats because they even have a democrat in their family or worked along side one. Some of these quotes are from the pre 1950, are you saying Republicans didnt use the same words back then? There there is the fact that this isnt even about just black people.

but we can skip all that and move on to a bigger point Are you claiming Republicans dont do the same things now.

Did we not just have a Republican Refer to Hispanics as wetbacks ? President Obama being called a tar baby, John Sununu saying Colin Powell only voted for Barack Obama because he is black? the leader of the republican parties in New Hampshire and Maine accusing black people of driving up to their states to vote because they themselves had "never seen black people in those areas before"

as i said, some of these quotes arent even racist, they are argumentative of what someone believes republicans have done.

by the "Hip Hop Republican's" definition of racism, what Dr. Carson said is then racist.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:36 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually it is an opinion article on a person's opinion, are you trying to say it is wrong to criticize those on the right?
absolutly not. It is perfectly reasonable to give opinion and to criticize. Conservatives as a general rule get more than their share of it....

I read the article. It had nice stuff like "fox driven populairty" and other stupid liberal diatribe that lead me to "hey Ben SHUT UP".

It is one thing to look at what someone says and take issue with it. It is another to simply disqualify someone out of hand.

Ben doesnt just get a criticism of his beliefs. he gets the "you need to shut up" stuff. Liberals cannot risk a Black man being successful and having conserviatives like him. They have to shut him up. they have to disqualify him.

This is what happens to nonwhiteman conservatives. they are brutally attacked because liberals cant have folks seeing a minority being loved and respected by conservatives. It blows their carefully crafted image.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
and?

you act as if a diverse workforce/student body is somehow contradictory to achievement

Its not!

and my point remains, AA has no influence on an individual once they get into an institution!
When AA is about numbers instead of ability, that is a problem. Unless you like hiring people based solely on skin color. That would make you a racist if that were the case.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:38 PM

600 posts, read 660,331 times
Quote:
So you approve of dem racism. Thank you.
first off I don't accept your premise.

but i do not like the fact that our politics and voting patterns are so racially divisive. I think its horrible that republicans have found a way to turn off and/or offend 75% of hispanics, 80% asians, and 90% of blacks...

Old 04-03-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Some of these quotes are not even racist, Donna Brazile's for example, heck, republicans even admit to doing what they said. It was part of their 2012 report. Other people on this list have never even identified.
So that is your excuse for defending those quotes.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
first off I don't accept your premise.

but i do not like the fact that our politics and voting patterns are so racially divisive. I think its horrible that republicans have found a way to turn off and/or offend 75% of hispanics, 80% asians, and 90% of blacks...
I do not care what you accept. You have a double standard. It is obvious. You want minorities to be pandered to by both parties. That is 'horrible'

Old 04-03-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Of course! Jackson, Sharpton, Farrakhan, Wright, all fantastic role models! Or rappers or the local gang bangers. Not Carson though. Right?
I did not say Carson was not a good Role model, i said the comment i responded to insinuates that being liberal means you can not be a good Role Model.

and LOL at local gang banger, you really want this argument dont you ?

Explain to me why Barack Obama is not a good role model ? Deval Patrick ? Douglas Wilder ?

Old 04-03-2013, 12:42 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Don't be a dupe. AA is about numbers. I've talked to many HR managers over the years. They damn well need to keep their 'diversity' in line or else they'll have a problem with EEOC. And Carson had/has the intellectual goods to achieve what he has achieved.
Quote:
Of course! Jackson, Sharpton, Farrakhan, Wright, all fantastic role models! Or rappers or the local gang bangers. Not Carson though. Right?
Quote:
I'll say what I please. You determine nothing about me kid. Stay stupid.
Running your mouth doesn't mean anything.

You don't get any input. That's all there is to it. We're not taking anything you say under advisement.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
So that is your excuse for defending those quotes.
What excuse ? You are called it racist to say that Republicans took pictures with African Americans kids only for votes... IT IS THE TRUTH !!!

Your own part wrote a report explaining why they lost the black vote( and minority votes as a whole), they said it themselves. it was because they go to communities only for photo ops and that what they need to do is have actual community outreach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies