Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 05:41 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
There are jobs where folks can fake it.
That's true.

However, there is NO FIELD that doesn't have duds in it that rely on others to carry their water. Even in medicine although one would hope that by the time one becomes a surgeon, most duds would get weeded out.

I have 2 physician siblings, and both have made it very clear that there are plenty of inept surgeons....you just have to hope that you're lucky should you evet need surgery. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 05:43 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,765,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Comparing gay marriage to bestiality and pedophilia - really does not make sense. When Mr. Carson chooses to use inflammatory language - he really shouldn't be surprised that a lot of people will be instantly turned off. He really doesn't seem to make that connection at all.

I am guessing that his skills as a neurosurgeon are far greater than his skills as an orator or politician.

It really has nothing to do with the color of his skin and everything to do with his beliefs (which I do not share) and what he says.

Period.
If that's how he feels then that is his right.

He said that his religion says he must love all people. Well, he doesn't have to love everything they do, just the person.

We tell kids that they're good people that made a bad decision when they've done something wrong. He has basically said the same thing.

We also tell kids that when other kids say something bad about them to ignore it especially if they know it's not true. This guy is being attacked for what he thinks. Not right.

Do I agree with his statement? No, but support his right to say it.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:02 PM

57,316 posts, read 26,236,916 times
He is a brilliant neurosurgeon but that doesn't mean he has a good understanding of political and social issues, I seem to recall William Shockley the inventor of the transistor making some ill advised statements on race. I respect his opinion but disagree.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:06 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post

He said that his religion says he must love all people. Well, he doesn't have to love everything they do, just the person.

We tell kids that they're good people that made a bad decision when they've done something wrong. He has basically said the same thing.

We also tell kids that when other kids say something bad about them to ignore it especially if they know it's not true. This guy is being attacked for what he thinks. Not right.

No one is saying that he 'can't' say it. BUT - nor should he be surprised when there is fallout after making statements like that.

Every politician is attacked for 'what he thinks' - especially if his words don't agree with your beliefs.

IF Mr. Carson is going to play politics with Hannity and the like - and speak to millions of people via television, whatever - he can expect that not everyone is going to agree with him OR like what he says.

IF he can't deal with that - then he should step out of the limelight and quickly.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:32 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post

That must mean you also support my right to criticize what he says.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:37 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,460,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So Carson is whining that people have an opinion on his opinion. The man needs to grow a pair and stop crying.
Oh shut up!!

Old 04-03-2013, 06:54 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,229,889 times
I find that when calling an entire group racist, that person is as bad as any racist out there.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:29 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
Oh shut up!!
Haha, you are too funny.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
No one is saying that he 'can't' say it. BUT - nor should he be surprised when there is fallout after making statements like that.

Every politician is attacked for 'what he thinks' - especially if his words don't agree with your beliefs.

IF Mr. Carson is going to play politics with Hannity and the like - and speak to millions of people via television, whatever - he can expect that not everyone is going to agree with him OR like what he says.

IF he can't deal with that - then he should step out of the limelight and quickly.
If he has political aspirations, he should do that anyway.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:44 PM

1,127 posts, read 904,360 times
they should call him Dr. Whiner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies