Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 12:47 PM

977 posts, read 764,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I did not say Carson was not a good Role model, i said the comment i responded to insinuates that being liberal means you can not be a good Role Model.

and LOL at local gang banger, you really want this argument dont you ?

Explain to me why Barack Obama is not a good role model ? Deval Patrick ? Douglas Wilder ?
What argument? There is none. Anyone who is objective will agree that the race pimps that were cited are horrible role models. Obama, Patrick and Wilder are good role models. Funny how we rarely hear about the latter but hear much about the former. And I would be curious as to whether or not Clarence Thomas and Thomas Sowell are held up as role models in the black community. And the bangers? You think that there are some young blacks who want to be just like them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 12:49 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
If MLK came back to life today, who would he approve of?

Old 04-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
What argument? There is none. Anyone who is objective will agree that the race pimps that were cited are horrible role models. Obama, Patrick and Wilder are good role models. Funny how we rarely hear about the latter but hear much about the former. And I would be curious as to whether or not Clarence Thomas and Thomas Sowell are held up as role models in the black community. And the bangers? You think that there are some young blacks who want to be just like them?
Butkus, you must have not read the comment i responded to. It was by derosterreich and it said Barack Obama was not a good role model.It was insinuating that liberals could not be good role models

What was the point of you responding to me if you did not know the context of the discussion ?

Last edited by dsjj251; 04-03-2013 at 01:06 PM..

Old 04-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Democrats.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:00 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Dr. King had his own conflicts...He didnt agree with SNCC or the nation of islam, but he didnt call out Stokley or Malcolm...

Old 04-03-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Running your mouth doesn't mean anything.

You don't get any input. That's all there is to it. We're not taking anything you say under advisement.
Once again child. I say what I want. Ignore it if it bothers you. It's really simple. Move on.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:09 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,783,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
I get a kick out of the lefties when they stupidly imply that Carson benefited from AA. Libs are racists when they ASSume that any black person cannot succeed without racial preference.
http://youtu.be/9eMwYtycb_I

Anything else?

You need anymore proof or would you rather listen to blacks who believe racism doesn't exist?

What do you want?

Old 04-03-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Democrats.
MLK never used his race as a crutch. Dems do.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Butkus, you must have not read the comment i responded to. It was by derosterreich and it said Barack Obama was not a good role model.It was insinuating that liberals could not be good role models

What was the point of you responding to me if you did not know the context of the discussion ?
We had a disconnect. It happens. My mistake.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
What excuse ? You are called it racist to say that Republicans took pictures with African Americans kids only for votes... IT IS THE TRUTH !!!

Your own part wrote a report explaining why they lost the black vote( and minority votes as a whole), they said it themselves. it was because they go to communities only for photo ops and that what they need to do is have actual community outreach.
So you are still defending the democrat's racist quotes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies