Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 05:24 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,829,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Actually, no, your scenario makes no sense at all. Tim McVeigh was a rightwing extremist, and his "Don't Tread On Me" views about an oppressive Federal government are shared by rightwing extremists in the Tea Party. Tim McVeigh blew up a Federal Bdlg. on the anniversary of Waco. The explosions in Boston happened on April 15th, when Federal taxes are due, and happened on "Patriots Day"
But the black panther party doesn't have a history of violence, they are left wing extremist. How about the weather underground, they used bombs to kill people and they are left wing extremists. What about May 19th Communist Organization. How about the United Freedom Front who are another left wing extremist organization responsible for over 20 bombings. Why don't you believe any of these groups with a history of bombings commited the crime? Instead you imply it is some member of the tea party.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:26 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,560,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
When I happened to tune into Michael Savage last night, he made a good point. He asked I wonder how long it will take the liberal media to say it was a white male with a crew cut that did it. Sure enough, it only took a few hours for MSNBC to subtly hint that they think it was a white male with a crew cut that is the perpetrator.

Where are you listened to Michael Savage? Is he on satellite radio or internet? I haven't heard him on west coast since before the election......

Old 04-16-2013, 05:28 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,754,176 times
Logic would have an anti tax terrorist target a governmental building and not target fellow citizens. Seriously? Where does Chris get his ideas? Only a mouth breather that parrots left wing media will think it is the far right loons and not the anti American terrorists....after all they never bomb anyone or anything.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:29 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,560,917 times
Does anyone else think this might be an attempt to manipulate the gold market, foreseeing heading into a gold back currency soon?

Old 04-16-2013, 05:30 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Logic would have an anti tax terrorist target a governmental building and not target fellow citizens. Seriously? Where does Chris get his ideas? Only a mouth breather that parrots left wing media will think it is the far right loons and not the anti American terrorists....after all they never bomb anyone or anything.
Even worse Chris Matthews is a very watched "news" personality and many people believe everything he puts out there.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:32 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,768,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Well, when you take a hate group like the Tea Party, combine it with tax day and the historic significance of Boston, it does seem plausible that rightwing extremists might be responsible.
Yep, and isn't it funny that the usual cast of characters are hurling insults for even speculating?

We'll all know the truth eventually (I hope), but all the braying here is by folks afraid someone might actually get at the truth.

I think your hypothesis (that is all it is, settle down folks) is reasonable. I came to precisely the same one yesterday. The primary weak point is that it was not a federal building bombing, to my knowledge.

Last edited by Fiddlehead; 04-16-2013 at 05:52 PM..

Old 04-16-2013, 05:33 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
wow, just wow!

Old 04-16-2013, 05:34 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,557,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I'm surprised. I'd think they'd, at least, aid in investigating crimes.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:38 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
There are 2.5 BILLION Muslims in the world...if they all wanted to attack us, we'd be annihilated. The Crusaders returning from the Holy Land brought a tremendous amount of information about medicine,
astronomy and math. This influx of knowledge sparked the Renaissance. Thanks to the Muslims, we aren't still using Roman numerals. Jesus is a revered prophet in Islam, and there is a sacred rock where they believe he stood to speak to them. One fact about Malcolm X that is often ignored is that when he made his hajj to Mecca he realized that he was praying with blond, blue-eyed Muslims. That was a life-changing experience; he overcame his hatred, and that likely caused his death. Things are far less frightening when you inform yourself instead of concocting bizarre conspiracy theories, which seems to be your main goal in life.
What does your arse kissing post to moooslims have to do with anything in this thread? I said terrorists use pressure cooker bombs. They are taught in terrorist camps. Are you saying all muslims are terrorists? That is all I'm getting out of your post. Are you some sort of islamaphobe.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:39 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
And NPR says you can find instructions for these bombs on the interent. In addition, they are very common, and not just used in the middle east.

AP Glance: Use of pressure cooker bombs seen around the world - The Washington Post
Yes commonly used by terrorists. Why can't you folks admit reality??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies