Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 05:40 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Fox did not make any kind of connection with left or right in fact they discouraged jumping to conclusions. They just reported what they found out. MSM's Matthews didn't even try to hide his accusation of the right. It's really nothing new.

The people's family have not even had time to think and come out of shock and Matthews is already at it. People on the right have grown to expect Matthews extremism. Even sadder, Chris Matthews is where many on the left gets their news.
Mathews didn't make an accusation. He was airing competing theories, which included al Qaeda.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:41 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Yep, and isn't it funny that the usual cast of characters are hurling insults for even speculating?

We'll all know the truthe eventually, but all the braying here is by folks afraid someone might actually get at the truth.

I think your hypothesis (that is all it is, settle down folks) is reasonable. I came to precisely the same one yesterday. The primary weak point is that it was not a federal building bombing, to my knowledge.
I totally agree. The exposure these blasts received by the media (there were cameras everywhere) means someone wanted maximum coverage, as well as a high casualty rate. The culprit could be someone foreign, as well as a homegrown nutcase. I'm leaning towards the homegrown variety at present, but purely foreign involvement would not surprise me either. We will have to wait for the FBI to gather more evidence.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:44 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,098,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yes commonly used by terrorists. Why can't you folks admit reality??
Because they desperately want to pin this on a Gun fondling, backward, tax hating right winger....

Old 04-16-2013, 05:49 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What does your arse kissing post to moooslims have to do with anything in this thread? I said terrorists use pressure cooker bombs. They are taught in terrorist camps. Are you saying all muslims are terrorists? That is all I'm getting out of your post. Are you some sort of islamaphobe.

LOL! The post went from "arse kissing" when shown historical information to the ridiculous assertion that I, like you, am an "islamaphobe." That's just a pathetic response. Pathetic.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:49 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Mathews didn't make an accusation. He was airing competing theories, which included al Qaeda.
quote from Chris Matthews
“Let me ask you about domestic terrorism as a category. Normally, domestic terrorists, people tend to be on the far right, well that’s not a good category, just extremists, let’s call them that. Do they advertise after they do something like this? Do they try to get credit as a group or do they just hate America so much or its politics or its government that they just want to do the damage, they don’t care if they get public credit, if you will?”

Matthews specifically said far right, calling them domestic terrorists. There is no defending him MTAtech. He said what he said. And this is where you get your news and worse yet you are trying to defend him.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:51 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,553,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Me.

My TV has this thing called a Remote Control and I can use it to change channels and even turn the TV off if I wish.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:51 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,768,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
But the black panther party doesn't have a history of violence, they are left wing extremist. How about the weather underground, they used bombs to kill people and they are left wing extremists. What about May 19th Communist Organization. How about the United Freedom Front who are another left wing extremist organization responsible for over 20 bombings. Why don't you believe any of these groups with a history of bombings commited the crime? Instead you imply it is some member of the tea party.
Tea Party...Boston....tax day?

What are we supposed to think? None of our opinions are worth a hill of beans, of course, but it is hardly crazy to connect those dots, at least as a possibility.

I was thinking about Timothy McVeigh, and reading about his obsession with taxes, hatred of the government, and his paranoia over the Brady Bill (gun control!). It all sounded hauntingly familiar. Right wing kooks were once a fringe element. Judging by the posts I read here daily, they have become a mainstream part of the GOP base. The hatred. The paranoia. The obsession with violence. The constant reframing of the truth and unwillingness to change or admit mistakes in any way. It is nasty stuff. Whether this one turns out to be caused by it or not. The right really needs to stop feeding and justifying its lunatic fringe.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:52 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,037,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
My TV has this thing called a Remote Control and I can use it to change channels and even turn the TV off if I wish.
Oh geez lucky you!

Old 04-16-2013, 05:53 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Tea Party...Boston....tax day?

What are we supposed to think? None of our opinions are worth a hill of beans, of course, but it is hardly crazy to connect those dots, at least as a possibility.

I was thinking about Timothy McVeigh, and reading about his obsession with taxes, hatred of the government, and his paranoia over the Brady Bill (gun control!). It all sounded hauntingly familiar. Right wing kooks were once a fringe element. Judging by the posts I read here daily, they have become a mainstream part of the GOP base. The hatred. The paranoia. The obsession with violence. The constant reframing of the truth and unwillingness to change or admit mistakes in any way. It is nasty stuff. Whether this one turns out to be caused by it or not. The right really needs to stop feeding and justifying its lunatic fringe.
Chris Matthews better watch out for Fiddlehead. He knows Matthews script very well.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:55 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,948,601 times

Tax revolters are among us.

Quote:
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A software engineer furious with the IRS launched a suicide attack on it Thursday by crashing his small plane into an office building housing nearly 200 federal tax employees, setting off a raging fire that sent workers running for their lives.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies