Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 11:17 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,768,347 times

Advertisements

I think the issue is probably that the right wing militia type kooks (Randy Weaver, McVeigh, etc.) are pretty numerous. Whereas violent centrist or leftist folks are less numerous and less alike. There is no obvious "type." Of course, crazies of all stripes exist, but the Soldier of Fortune readers tend to be ex-military, low IQ, unstable types, and there are an alarmingly large number of them. They come to mind.

Sure, they are a stereotype, like the urban black or hispanic gang banger, and when a crime occurs, you bet the cops think of those stereotypes too. It is called profiling. It is not pretty, but folks do it, because legal or nice or not, it tends to work. When a brother gets iced in the hood, chances are it's another brother. When a kook blows something up with a lame ass bomb made from black powder from a bunch of cached shells, odds are it is a right wing nut job.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:20 PM

27,160 posts, read 15,334,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkhunter View Post
Chris Mathews is a buffoon. Right now no one knows who it is but a very few people. I don't think that any group has stepped forward to take credit. It could be a left wing group as easy as a right wing group, or even some Muslim group. Mathews needs a lobotomy.

Thought he already had one done, albeit unsuccessful.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:25 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,768,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL,

Matthews said, "I'm more conservative than people think I am. I voted for George W. in 2000." Salon.com has called him the "most conservative voice" on MSNBC's primetime lineup. Matthews has been accused by Media Matters of having panels of guests that skew to the right and of supporting Republicans in his own questions and comment. Media Matters for America named Matthews its 2005 "Misinformer of the Year,".

Matthews appeared on MSNBC's Morning Joe and said of Hillary Clinton,
"I'll be brutal, the reason she's a U.S. senator, the reason she's a candidate for president, the reason she may be a front-runner is her husband messed around. That's how she got to be senator from New York. We keep forgetting it. She didn't win there on her merit."

The comments were criticized by such media figures as Bill O'Reilly, Joy Behar, and Gloria Steinem. They also resulted in protests outside NBC's Washington, D.C., studios as well as a joint letter of complaint to NBC from the National Organization for Women, Feminist Majority, and the National Women's Political Caucus.

Chris Matthews - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I think Matthews was right in that quote. Clinton certainly IS competent, but she landed that job out of a combination of sympathy and connections. Pure carpetbagger. Her performance proved it was a decent choice, but she was a carpetbagger nonetheless. Her failure against Obama in 2008 showed she is a good administrator but a mediocre politician. Just the truth. She is not in the same league as Bill. I actually think that took political courage to say. Or, it was foolish, which is your point right? Ok, sure.
Matthews can be a blowhard. Like Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, Glenn Beck, and Hannity are not?

He is a political commentator! They do that.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:26 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Default "Lets Hope the Boston Marathon Bomber is a White American"-WTF

This is the kind of trash that makes up some of the far left in this country. I don't by any means lump all liberals in with this kind of scum.

Quote:
As we now move into the official Political Aftermath period of the Boston bombing — the period that will determine the long-term legislative fallout of the atrocity — the dynamics of privilege will undoubtedly influence the nation’s collective reaction to the attacks. That’s because privilege tends to determine: 1) which groups are — and are not — collectively denigrated or targeted for the unlawful actions of individuals; and 2) how big and politically game-changing the overall reaction ends up being.

This has been most obvious in the context of recent mass shootings. In those awful episodes, a religious or ethnic minority group lacking such privilege would likely be collectively slandered and/or targeted with surveillance or profiling (or worse) if some of its individuals comprised most of the mass shooters. However, white male privilege means white men are not collectively denigrated/targeted for those shootings — even though most come at the hands of white dudes.

Likewise, in the context of terrorist attacks, such privilege means white non-Islamic terrorists are typically portrayed not as representative of whole groups or ideologies, but as “lone wolf” threats to be dealt with as isolated law enforcement matters. Meanwhile, non-white or developing-world terrorism suspects are often reflexively portrayed as representative of larger conspiracies, ideologies and religions that must be dealt with as systemic threats — the kind potentially requiring everything from law enforcement action to military operations to civil liberties legislation to foreign policy shifts.
Let’s hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American - Salon.com

I've seen garbage from both the far left and the far right, but this Salon article sinks to a new low. I hate to think that any of those writers are Americans.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:28 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Probably just passed out drunk. Relax.
Let me tell you, Mr. Saturday Night, my daughter lived across the street from James Holmes. When the Aurora shootings happened, I could not rest until I talked to her. You're not funny.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:29 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I think Matthews was right in that quote. Clinton certainly IS competent, but she landed that job out of a combination of sympathy and connections. Pure carpetbagger. Her performance proved it was a decent choice, but she was a carpetbagger nonetheless. Her failure against Obama in 2008 showed she is a good administrator but a mediocre politician. Just the truth. She is not in the same league as Bill. I actually think that took political courage to say. Or, it was foolish, which is your point right? Ok, sure.
Matthews can be a blowhard. Like Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, Glenn Beck, and Hannity are not?

He is a political commentator! They do that.
Chris Matthews - "glad" that Hurricane Sandy hit when it did because it led to the re-election of Barack Obama."

"I'm so glad we had that storm last week" because it "brought in possibilities for good politics."

What are more than 100 deaths, displaced lives and billions in damage to them as long as the disaster helps push their candidate over the finish line?

Imagine a Fox News commentator cheering a storm.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:29 PM

20,127 posts, read 16,173,562 times
Evil is evil.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:31 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Evil is evil.
True, but it seems to be getting more common all the time. Chris Mathew's comments were nearly as bad. Sad to say that they are our fellow citizens.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:36 PM

2,502 posts, read 4,441,102 times
Colin Ferguson, a black man, shot up a train full of white people. There hasn't been any backlash against black people on commuter rail.

Two black men terrorized DC from the trunk of their car, yet no backlash based on that tragedy.

Salon is full of crap.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2

Old 04-16-2013, 11:36 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Going around the rope line Hardball asked folks whom they are supporting in the presidential race, Chris Matthews found a young man who said he was backing Romney.

What was the scandal? Get to it, nail it, what was the scandal?!" Matthews rudely barked at the Romney backer. Upon the young Romney supporter answering that he was referring to Benghazi,

Matthews barked back, "Yeah, it was about the video. Read the newspaper. Thank you. Everybody knows it's about the video. It's all about the video."

http://newsbusters.org/sites/default...tvideo_570.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-17-2013 at 08:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies