Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 05:40 AM

684 posts, read 1,122,849 times

Advertisements

Urban Pakistan is quite developed - quite nice. But it is sad if regional clowns drive him away. The average South Asian guy is about 5'8 and thin. I'm glad I'm a big guy, but then my family has been outside of Pakistan for 3 generations now. Since 1952, so my genetics seem to have added some "bulk up genes".

Old 04-17-2013, 05:41 AM

28,928 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Did I say is was the absolute truth? I said it was "reported". See the difference.

I guess it's safe to say that you are discounting what you are hearing and reading what is being reported about the incident because not of it is the absolute truth, other than the pictures and what witnesses are saying.
no, actually, what I'm discounting is the fact that they still do not know who did it.
I just don't trust the media....and what I find appauling is the fact that the media reported there were other bombs being dismanteled, and that the JFK Library was also bombed....
I feel the same way you do about war, our government, etc....but the media, is a huge embarrassment to this country.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:42 AM

Pakistan: A Tale of two Countries | atthegrapevine

Have a read. It's very interesting.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Seems there is a level of hatred some people on C-D possess, which is clearly motivated by their political beliefs/views.
If I could give you a hundred reps, I would....very very true, and also extremely scary.....
the mentality of some of these people is just beyond belief...blaming the other party for everything....? both parties are corrupt, and so is our government...and when people start to realize that, things will start to change...this bombing has nothing to do with parties...the left or right...it is however, about some nut job who hurt a whole lot of people....

Old 04-17-2013, 05:44 AM

Pakistan: A Tale of two Countries | atthegrapevine

Have a read. It's very interesting.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
Home-made devices in Boston Marathon attack were made from pressure cooker bombs - al Qaeda's 'most effective weapon' - and featured in terror guide 'Make a Bomb in the Kitchen of Your Mom'

• Police believe shrapnel consisting of metal fragments and nails was packed into pressure cookers and designed to look like discarded items
  • Pressure cooker bomb is preferred weapon of al Qaeda, and was used in Times Square bomb attempt in 2010
  • Authorities reportedly find circuit board that may have been used to detonate bomb
  • Doctor says that numerous sharp metal objects were extracted from victims of the blasts
Read more: Boston Marathon 2013 explosions: Home-made bombs made from pressure cookers | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
well, if it was al Qaeda, there will be much more to come...much more, and not immediately, these people are a patient people, and will wait until once again, we become confident...but this will not stop until they are extinct, b/c there is always someone else who takes the place of they're leaders.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:51 AM

287 posts, read 185,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
This is the kind of trash that makes up some of the far left in this country. I don't by any means lump all liberals in with this kind of scum.

Let’s hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American - Salon.com

I've seen garbage from both the far left and the far right, but this Salon article sinks to a new low. I hate to think that any of those writers are Americans.
Would it make you feel better if it was a radical Muslim sleeper cell? A foreign terrorist?

Old 04-17-2013, 05:55 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,377,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
This is precisely what Napolitano is hoping for. She has been quick to suggest that it is an isolated, unconnected event, not part of organized inrternational terrorism.
As if that made any real difference. Sure if the bomb turn out to have been planted by someone practicing international terrorism, there will be an outcry over how we are granting "these people" freedom to enter and move about in the US, and it could affect foreign policy.

The fact remains that a bomb planted by a terrorist causes no more and no less damage than one planted by a lone nutcase. Our ability to intercept such a bomb is probably a tad better if the threat comes from an international terrorist, since we are supposedly monitoring their communications.

As long as we allow free movement and are not a police state, things like this will happen. Individuals will be able to plant bombs and open fire in public places. And we won't be able to catch them before they do.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:57 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,301,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
This is the kind of trash that makes up some of the far left in this country. I don't by any means lump all liberals in with this kind of scum.

Let’s hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American - Salon.com

I've seen garbage from both the far left and the far right, but this Salon article sinks to a new low. I hate to think that any of those writers are Americans.
David Sirota is 100% correct, if this bomber turns out to be a white dude, then the debates on immigration, defense, and getting out of Afghanistan, closing down Gitmo will not be impacted.

David Sirota is detailing white privilege which means that white men don't get collectively demonized for the heinous acts of white men.

White men don't say hey we have to declare war on some white country or area that this white man came from.

We don't ask what is wrong with white men when a white man does something like the attack in Boston.

Everything he wrote is 100% accurate.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
David Sirota is 100% correct, if this bomber turns out to be a white dude, then the debates on immigration, defense, and getting out of Afghanistan, closing down Gitmo will not be impacted.

David Sirota is detailing white privilege which means that white men don't get collectively demonized for the heinous acts of white men.

White men don't say hey we have to declare war on some white country or area that this white man came from.

We don't ask what is wrong with white men when a white man does something like the attack in Boston.

Everything he wrote is 100% accurate.
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies