Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 11:58 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What does your arse kissing post to moooslims have to do with anything in this thread? I said terrorists use pressure cooker bombs. They are taught in terrorist camps. Are you saying all muslims are terrorists? That is all I'm getting out of your post. Are you some sort of islamaphobe.

If you can get past your own phobia and/or your hate for Muslims, you might want to consider that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of ex-military personnel who served in Iraq and/or Afghanistan and are very, very familiar with IEDs, including pressure cooker IEDs. Many of them come home damaged and some of them hold hatred towards the government. You don't know what they see and experienced in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:59 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,756,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Will the friends and families of the dead and injured feel better if they know that a white man was responsible for their deaths?

I don't think I would, but that's just me.
Well said.

This constant political framing gets old. How about a bit of old fashioned compassion.

I don't get what to take from that except that the author is a politically correct azzhat. I don't "wish" this on any racial group. What a stupid premise. Let's see what the fact are before reacting.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:07 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,998,309 times
Oh so now its a military vet gone crazy using a pressure cooker bomb? You people are so lost it's really unbelievable.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:09 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,273,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
This is the kind of trash that makes up some of the far left in this country. I don't by any means lump all liberals in with this kind of scum.

Let’s hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American - Salon.com

I've seen garbage from both the far left and the far right, but this Salon article sinks to a new low. I hate to think that any of those writers are Americans.
Why?
I've read comments on CD that wish it were a Saudi.
So?

Salon is certainly not far-left.
At one time it was left leaning, but never far, and certainly not in the past several years since David Talbot left the reins to Joan Walsh.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:10 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,723,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Ok, you convinced me. Matthews is the most dishonest, mean-spirited reprobate on TV, spreading bad seed like a sociopath with the clap.
Yes, you should also add opportunist. And every time you listen to him you are listening to a bunch of lies and mean spirited propaganda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
You are going to feel a bit embarrassed if it turns out a right wing nut job did do the Boston bombings.
It's the Time Square bomber all over again. The left said possible white male tried to bomb Times Square, turned out to be a Pakistani Muslim. Talk about egg on the face

Unlike the left liberal media I am not assuming anything and will wait for facts. No matter who it is they should be punished with the harshest punishment.

The point is, why does the left automatically accuse the right? The current purpose is 2014 so Obama can have full control.

Last edited by petch751; 04-17-2013 at 12:21 AM..

Old 04-17-2013, 12:12 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,273,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
Colin Ferguson, a black man, shot up a train full of white people. There hasn't been any backlash against black people on commuter rail.

Two black men terrorized DC from the trunk of their car, yet no backlash based on that tragedy.

Salon is full of crap.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2
Has there been white backlash from the crimes committed by whites?
Your comment holds no water.

But I agree that Salon isn't worth reading.

Sent from my toaster working on a bagel.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:15 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,723,050 times
This one is just as bad. The title of the liberal outlet Salon:

Let’s hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American.

Let’s hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American - Salon.com

What are they trying to do start a race war? Pitting American against American or maybe trying to start a civil war?

Old 04-17-2013, 12:16 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,922,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I'm as "non-left" as they get, but in all honesty, this isn't representative of all the left. This Salon writer is a whole special kind of stupid fx.
I know that. When I say the Left with it capitalized, I mean the "institutional Left" not the average voter. As in, the Left media, establishment, etc.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:17 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,971 times
Quote:
Oh so now its a military vet gone crazy using a pressure cooker bomb? You people are so lost it's really unbelievable.
Do you not understand what the word "consider" means? You are so hell bent on it being, as you say, a Mooooslim.

You, along with everyone else, are in the dark and don't know who committed this act of violence. You are stuck on stupid and have only one answer as to who did it, and that would be a Mooooslim.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:25 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,807,106 times
Quote:
Liberals aren't even mentioning anymore the folks they were using prior to this to push their gun grabbing agenda had been put right in the firing line of this terrorist attack in Boston. The Sandy Hook families had a front row seat. They don't really care though because they have new victims now to use.
Boston has concealed carry for citizens and there were armed police everywhere. How would gun carrying issues have stopped the bombings?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies