Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2013, 12:40 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,557,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I just learned something new from my husband--I was wrong earlier. In what are called exigent circumstances, the police can enter your home without a warrant. Those searches are constitutional if there's reason to believe that people could be in imminent danger, evidence faces imminent destruction, or a suspect will escape. Urgency is a big factor--it's usually used when there's no time to get a warrant.

From wiki:

"Those circumstances that would cause a reasonable person to believe that entry (or other relevant prompt action) was necessary to prevent physical harm to the officers or other persons, the destruction of relevant evidence, the escape of a suspect, or some other consequence improperly frustrating legitimate law enforcement efforts."[2]

"Exigency may be determined by: degree of urgency involved; amount of time needed to get a search warrant; whether evidence is about to be removed or destroyed; danger at the site; knowledge of the suspect that police are on his or her trail; and/or ready destructibility of the evidence.[4]"

Exigent circumstance in United States law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If part of your roof has caved in after a tornado, LE and emergency personnel can enter your home without a warrant to try to find you and save you. On the same note, if a dangerous criminal is on the run, they can search to make sure he hasn't entered a home to hold people hostage (which this guy had done once already with the carjacking).
Well now this was considered terrorism and when that happens the rules change.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:43 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,265,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
To everyone acting like Alex Jones is the end all be all

what do you think of this?

Reptilian Propaganda with Alex Jones - YouTube
I don't think emilybh counts as "everyone." lol

But, yeah, hard to believe that ANYONE pays this guy any attention, isn't it?

What a kook - and his followers are just kook-ettes.

Sadly, I suspect the guy might actually be quite sane; he's just found a way to sell himself and to become very wealthy in the process.

I wonder how much money he's made off of emilybh.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:46 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,213,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Some people were even bussed away. I supposed that is fine and dandy with all the sheeple out there. Just follow the herd. Right? Leave your home because the police say so and then get in the bus and go wherever they take you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g3XdYTyXFI

Let's put things in perspective. 200 people die each year from bee stings; 100 die from mass shootings mostly gang related and 50 die from terrorists. Yet the government feels it can lock down cities to go after one kid and everyone is OK with that?

"Why do we pay the government to trick us into thinking it is keeping us safe?" ~ Judge Andrew Napolitano

Here's a little history lesson from Judge Napolitano on FBI Fake Terror Plots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwTpJ1EoV6A
So which way is it? Should we go after terrorists and try to stop them, or should we just let them get away and go kill more people? You don't get it both ways.

I know you're convinced that the US government is setting all of this up, but you're confusing sting operations with false flags. In a sting operation, whether it's for narcotics, prostitution, or terrorism--whatever--LE can't get a conviction unless they have proof that a crime was committed, and that often requires putting someone undercover to either purchase or sell illegal goods and services, or to participate in illegal activities as a witness. The same goes with putting someone undercover to gather intelligence whether it's on crime or terrorism. They can't entrap the criminal, meaning that they can't pressure them to do something that they're unwilling to do, but it's a normal, accepted and legal part of LE investigations.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:51 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,575,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Some people were even bussed away. I supposed that is fine and dandy with all the sheeple out there. Just follow the herd. Right? Leave your home because the police say so and then get in the bus and go wherever they take you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g3XdYTyXFI

Let's put things in perspective. 200 people die each year from bee stings; 100 die from mass shootings mostly gang related and 50 die from terrorists. Yet the government feels it can lock down cities to go after one kid and everyone is OK with that?

"Why do we pay the government to trick us into thinking it is keeping us safe?" ~ Judge Andrew Napolitano

Here's a little history lesson from Judge Napolitano on FBI Fake Terror Plots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwTpJ1EoV6A
These are stats from 2000. 5800 deaths for being a pedestrian, over 700 from inhalation and ingestion of food. Being alive is dangerous to your health.
Most Common Causes of Death Due to Injury in the US

Old 04-22-2013, 12:53 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,575,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
So which way is it? Should we go after terrorists and try to stop them, or should we just let them get away and go kill more people? You don't get it both ways.

I know you're convinced that the US government is setting all of this up, but you're confusing sting operations with false flags. In a sting operation, whether it's for narcotics, prostitution, or terrorism--whatever--LE can't get a conviction unless they have proof that a crime was committed, and that often requires putting someone undercover to either purchase or sell illegal goods and services, or to participate in illegal activities as a witness. The same goes with putting someone undercover to gather intelligence whether it's on crime or terrorism. They can't entrap the criminal, meaning that they can't pressure them to do something that they're unwilling to do, but it's a normal, accepted and legal part of LE investigations.
Think about it. If you were a terrorist with a plan to explode bombs in a crowd, would you not have a getaway plan?

Old 04-22-2013, 12:55 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,557,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Think about it. If you were a terrorist with a plan to explode bombs in a crowd, would you not have a getaway plan?
You'd think. Planning only up to dropping the backpacks doesn't make sense.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:55 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,213,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well now this was considered terrorism and when that happens the rules change.
Not really--if there's a criminal on the run and the police believe there's a credible threat to the public, they can do warrant-less searches absolutely legally. I didn't realize that either, but if there's an urgent situation and no time to get a warrant, they've always been able to do warrant less searches.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exigent...ted_States_law

Last edited by mb1547; 04-22-2013 at 01:31 PM..

Old 04-22-2013, 12:57 PM

1,956 posts, read 4,879,041 times
Interesting
Boston Bomb Suspect Eyed in Connection to 2011 Triple Murder

And they will not be trialed as an enemy combatant. What a joke.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:01 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,674,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I don't think emilybh counts as "everyone." lol

But, yeah, hard to believe that ANYONE pays this guy any attention, isn't it?

What a kook - and his followers are just kook-ettes.

Sadly, I suspect the guy might actually be quite sane; he's just found a way to sell himself and to become very wealthy in the process.

I wonder how much money he's made off of emilybh.
It's all I can think of when people mention Alex Jones.... Reptilian Shapeshifter Overlords! lol.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:02 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,674,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony22 View Post
Interesting
Boston Bomb Suspect Eyed in Connection to 2011 Triple Murder

And they will not be trialed as an enemy combatant. What a joke.
They? There's only 1. He's an American Citizen, so he shouldn't be tried as an enemy combatant, that's a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies