Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2013, 02:07 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,684,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Thank you for that, I always enjoy listening to Alex, but he doesn't even reference the reptilians in that clip, Alex Baldwin does. The point is that television rots your brain, turn it off.
I don't think you watched the clip.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:10 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,032,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
U.S. Attorney MA ‏@DMAnews1 3m
Dzhokar Tsarnaev charged with conspiring to use weapon of mass destruction against persons and property in U.S. resulting in death

Is that the same as terrorism?
I'd say that is as good of a definition of terrorism to me...

Don't you know, Tim McVeigh was a terrorist
and an American citizen. Just like this guy.

The POS just have to wait around 6 years to die like Tim McVeigh
or get a life sentence like Nichols for conspiracy to commit...
of which I'm so hoping doesn't happen.

IMO these type of cases should be done ultra quick

Old 04-22-2013, 02:11 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,219,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
No time to get a warrant, that's what Bush said to get the Patriot Act passed.
Exigent circumstances isn't part of the Patriot Act. It's a SCOTUS established exception to the exclusionary rule of the 4th amendment.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:16 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,480,198 times
At least C-Span callers are awake!
Back to Back C-span callers - Boston Marathon Bombing a false flag to take away more rights - YouTube!

Old 04-22-2013, 02:21 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,219,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Which goes to prove that they had no more brains at that time than they had at the inception of their plan. Not exactly the cunning and smarts of a James Bond villian. I live in a very busy area and I have no idea where every surveillance camera is, but I am smart enough to realize that they do indeed exist.

These guys were clueless and the "mastermiind" older brother was weak-minded enough to believe that he had a reason to retaliate against the nation that gave him a shot at a good life. His family originally fled a crappy region of the world and instead of this doofus going back with his parents to improve conditions in a positive way and possibly make a real difference, he blows innocent Americans to smithereens. ******!
That's what I think too--it was probably sheer dumb luck that they were successful with the bombings and didn't blow themselves up instead. We're giving them too much credit. They were able to carry bombs into an event with no bag screening and set them off successfully. After that everything fell apart. Doesn't sound like criminal masterminds to me.

I didn't realize how many surveillance cameras there are in public spaces, but I've never had any reason to ever even think about it. I can tell you this--if I planned on trying to murder a bunch of people and get away with it, that would have been one of the first things I would have figured out.

Last edited by mb1547; 04-22-2013 at 02:29 PM..

Old 04-22-2013, 02:21 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,163,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
At least C-Span callers are awake!
Awake? Maybe, but severely paranoid and intellectually deficient.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:37 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,163,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
That's what I think too--it was probably sheer dumb luck that they were successful with the bombings and didn't blow themselves up instead. We're giving them too much credit. They were able to carry bombs into an event with no bag screening and set them off successfully. After that everything fell apart. Doesn't sound like criminal masterminds to me.

I didn't realize how many surveillance cameras there are in public spaces, but I can tell you this--if I planned on trying to murder a bunch of people and get away with it, that would have been one of the first things I would have figured out.
Someone brought up an interesting point. If there was a so called "mastermind" directing these guys, they would have had enough savvy to be aware of surveillance cameras. They would protect these brothers in order to utilize them for more attacks and would have been training them with an escape plan. These guys would be the perfect team for a larger terrorist organization to take advantage of. One was a citizen and an active student with a reputation as being friendly and the other was somewhat assimilated at least on the surface as he had an American wife, was on various sports teams and had gone to school here. Not saying that they did not receive moral support from other like-minded radicals, but as far as being under the orders of a seasoned group of Jihadists, that seems doubtful. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:40 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,299,822 times
I don't think they thought they would get away with it. They had the same plan as suicide bombers and the pilots of the planes that flew into the the World Trade Center - take as many people out with you as you can. They planned to sacrifice themselves and kill as many people as they could before they were taken out.

Protecting them for future attacks isn't a concern. There are plenty of young people ready and willing to sign up to be suicide bombers.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:43 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,583,017 times
well well well, they seem to have taken down the Pressfortruth.ca site. All I get is Forbidden, you don't have permission to access this site. pressfortruth tv still works.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:44 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,272,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
They would protect these brothers in order to utilize them for more attacks and would have been training them with an escaope plan.
As well as to provide them with the funds to escape so they wouldn't have had to use a stolen ATM card to get a few bucks, and to thus leave even more of a trail, including their pictures at the ATM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.