Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2013, 06:16 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,709,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
It's only mindless to defend our intelligence Depts ineptness,
without question...
Good thing the folks in this thread challenging the vacuous attacks on the nation's intelligence experts are actually doing so by asking questions. Seems like you're just blindly assuming answers unless they capitulate to your personal desire to dictate to them what information they must provide you and in what form.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:24 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Good thing the folks in this thread challenging the vacuous attacks on the nation's intelligence experts are actually doing so by asking questions. Seems like you're just blindly assuming answers
After almost 7000 posts, all the questions have been asked.
I call it as I see it. Ineptness is there. Period.

Now, you can be the cheerleader for our intelligence all you want,
if that's your American thang

Old 04-25-2013, 06:27 AM
bUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
After almost 7000 posts, all the questions have been asked.
If you feel that way, I wonder what you're still doing here. But whatever; it doesn't matter. You're going to believe what you want to believe regardless of any alternative perspectives.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:30 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
If you feel that way, I wonder what you're still doing here.
I ask myself that, every time I come on CD
Later.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:43 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,127,386 times
The mother of the two Boston bombing suspects told reporters in southern Russia on Thursday that she regretted ever moving her family to the United States, as her husband said he would travel to the U.S. later in the day to see his surviving son.

"Why did I even go there?" Zubeidat Tsarnaeva said through tears after CBS News correspondent Charlie D'Agata asked her if she regretted the move.

"America took my kids away from me," she declared through tears, saying she wished she had remained in a village in the southern Russian region of Dagestan instead of emigrating to Boston in 2002.

then stay in your country lady, I thought you were persecuted there.... BS

Old 04-25-2013, 06:48 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
If that's true then anything they provide to us is as likely as not nothing more than a ploy to try to discover more about our methodologies.
I am sure their analysts work as hard as ours.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:58 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
The mother of the two Boston bombing suspects told reporters in southern Russia on Thursday that she regretted ever moving her family to the United States, as her husband said he would travel to the U.S. later in the day to see his surviving son.

"Why did I even go there?" Zubeidat Tsarnaeva said through tears after CBS News correspondent Charlie D'Agata asked her if she regretted the move.

"America took my kids away from me," she declared through tears, saying she wished she had remained in a village in the southern Russian region of Dagestan instead of emigrating to Boston in 2002.

then stay in your country lady, I thought you were persecuted there.... BS
This is part of a much much bigger problem. We are giving away permanent asylum to people who end up traveling between the US and the place they fled like they are jumping on the subway between Harvard Sq. and Park St.

What the hell is going on with our immigration system?!?

Old 04-25-2013, 07:05 AM
bUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I am sure their analysts work as hard as ours.
Well, I think their laws don't require their analysts to engage in the kind of hard work our laws require of our analysts. The FBI is under very strict legal guidelines and standards when investigating Americans or persons on American soil. The standards are carefully scrutinized.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:06 AM

28,900 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
This is part of a much much bigger problem. We are giving away permanent asylum to people who end up traveling between the US and the place they fled like they are jumping on the subway between Harvard Sq. and Park St.

What the hell is going on with our immigration system?!?
it is broken, like all of our systems in the U.S., as they cannot fund it....plus, I don't believe they even have a clue as to where to begin? plus, and this is the irony....they keep telling these illegals, "Vote for me and I'll get you asylum" so now, we've got terrible gangs/terrorist living, working and training right here in this country.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:14 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Once again, there are over two billion Muslims in the world. Do the math. How many radical Muslims are out there bombing marathons? Do the math.

Yes, they acted as individuals. I never said that their beliefs, as Muslims or whatever else, had nothing to do with it. I said that their beliefs are individual to them. That other Muslims don't share the beliefs of the Tsarnaevs. What Muslim are you saying they are following?
Here's the "math" you asked for and you probably won't like it. Take out the political rhetoric and just look at the numbers then decide if somewhere between 7%-37% is a "small number" that's acceptable and comforting to you.
I could really care less if someone's a radical as long as they keep their hands (and bombs) to themselves. Unfortunately it's been proven time and time again that this particular religions radicals are not willing to just proselytize via words but will use deadly force whenever possible.
So, given that are you still ok with a few million people possibly living down the street willing to kill your family for not believing as they do?

A new book by John Esposito and Dalia Mogahed, both of them professional pro-Islam propagandists, published by the Gallup organization, where Mogehed is executive director of the Gallup Center for Muslim Studies. Satloff shows how, through fraudulent definition of the word “radical,” the authors make it appear that a multi-year study of Muslim opinion worldwide showed that only seven percent of Muslims are radical, when, in reality, by any fair reading of the authors’ own polling data, the correct number is 37 percent.
The authors define Muslim radicals as those who say the 9/11 attack was “completely justified,” which was seven percent of the sample. However, there were two other categories of respondents who said that the attack was at least partially justified, and they are labeled by the authors as “moderates.” The first of those groups comprises 6.5 percent of the sample, the second comprises 23.1 percent. Further, the respondents in that last category, making up 23.1 percent, also said that they hate America, want to impose Sharia law, support suicide bombing, and oppose equal rights for women. Yet Esposito and Mogahed call them “moderates.”

7 plus 6.5 plus 23.1 equals 36.6 percent of 1.2 billion Muslims, or 439 million radical Muslims in the world. Just a tiny unrepresentative minority.

How many radical Muslims are there in the world?

And here's another estimate which is a bit more sobering if true.
According to Daniel Pipes, Harvard author and Arabologist, it varies by continent and country. In Europe, he estimates 50%, but in Turkey, it is only about 20% due to the active resistance by the government of Iranian incursions, propaganda and influence. In the US, about 80% of mosques are radically led. As concerns worldwide Muslims, Pipes estimates 10-15% are Islamist (radical).

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_th...adical_Muslims
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies