Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2013, 12:32 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Actually I read his posts. I've never been exposed to a nutter at his level. While I find the thinking quite unbelieveable, it's also quite intriguing to read the madness that he and his followers spew. If it were the 50s or 60s they would have been put away for their own safety while getting shock treatment or a lobotomy.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:33 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper
The 1950's was the most free and prosperous time this country has ever experienced, it's been downhill ever since.

Based on what metric, specifically?

That would be the Entitled, Self-Satisfied White Male Metric. (WMM)
I'd love to put people like you in a time capsule back to the 50's. Blacks were more free then, than they are now - before they got owned by the demorat party.
Edit, to say maybe it was the Republicans back then - whoever the so-called progressives were.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:36 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,709,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I'd love to put people like you in a time capsule back to the 50's. Blacks were more free then, than they are now - before they got owned by the demorat party.
Uh huh, and I'm sure you'll assure us that it was better to contract polio than go through the vaccination.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Uh huh, and I'm sure you'll assure us that it was better to contract polio than go through the vaccination.

you betcha. Polio was a virus that was naturally declining in the populace, before vaccines caused it to skyrocket.
I'm hoarding tin foil, so go ahead n ban it - too late.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:42 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,429,508 times
Quote:
Edit, to say maybe it was the Republicans back then - whoever the so-called progressives were.
Of all the decades you could have chosen, you pick the McCarthy era? And I guess blacks should have appreciated the freedom to hunt for restrooms and water fountains and restaurants that weren't white only. How are you free when many schools, workplaces and neighborhoods won't accept you, and you have no recourse? And as a woman, you could choose from being Suzie Homemaker, or looking for jobs under the Help Wanted- Women listings in the paper. Forget about the real jobs unless you were the cream of the crop and had a very thick skin. Those were the days!

Old 04-25-2013, 12:43 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,479,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony22 View Post
Their parents are still denying that their sons did the bombings. Are you kidding me?
Probably equating Russian and US governments. Once you learn to deny, it probably sticks with you. When or if Dzokhar plea bargains to save his life and starts supplying law enforcement with all the details he knows, the denials will ring even hollower.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:47 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony22 View Post
Police Commisioner is on now talking about the suspects. Their target was Times Square.
When and more importantly, how did they determine that? Last I heard, they had no evidence that there was a motive or plan other than just "partying".

Old 04-25-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
Of all the decades you could have chosen, you pick the McCarthy era? And I guess blacks should have appreciated the freedom to hunt for restrooms and water fountains and restaurants that weren't white only. How are you free when many schools, workplaces and neighborhoods won't accept you, and you have no recourse? And as a woman, you could choose from being Suzie Homemaker, or looking for jobs under the Help Wanted- Women listings in the paper. Forget about the real jobs unless you were the cream of the crop and had a very thick skin. Those were the days!
Most women were busy raising a family, taking care of the household, cooking up a storm, ice cream socials, church activities. Blacks ran their own businesses, and were independent. They took pride in themselves. Crime was unthinkable, people were moral back then. (yes, there were exceptions, but that's the point, they were exceptions)

Old 04-25-2013, 12:55 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
Quote:
Most women were busy raising a family, taking care of the household, cooking up a storm, ice cream socials, church activities. Blacks ran their own businesses, and were independent. They took pride in themselves. Crime was unthinkable, people were moral back then. (yes, there were exceptions, but that's the point, they were exceptions)
"Moral" like this?

]http://iconicphotos.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/48eac7cb_47a1f24149ab8.jpg?w=700

Lynching of Young Blacks | Iconic Photos

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-25-2013 at 02:10 PM..

Old 04-25-2013, 12:56 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

These conspiracy loons make a very big mistake when they assume that everyone, other than themsleves of course, totally trusts the government, but if they admit that their (the theorists) theories go so over the top, they would have to admit that their ultimate MO is to stroke their own egos as being so much more in tuned and intelligent than the average Joe.
Probably the smartest thing I've read on here in a while...

But, Conspiracy theorists wouldn't get half the traction they get, if our government
didn't have so many skid marks on the highway of truth.

When ever I think of what our government is possible of, I often think of the
Tuskegee experiment...

With the history of our government's power in lying or manipulating on many occasions,
it's a surprise we have any faith in it left. But we still do.
It would also help if we all leaned toward the Libertarian Party to make government's
foot print as small as it can be, but that's for a different thread all together
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies