Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2013, 05:18 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Dunno if this has been mentioned, but the mother was also on a CIA terrorist database - TIDE.
I swear some people watch too much TV...

So let's say the mother, the father, the two brothers and all of their aunts and uncles were on the CIA/FBI/DHS watch list, how many people do you think are on those lists; 100, 200, 1,000, how about tens of thousands? Whatever the number algorithms can only take you so far somebody, some person is going to have to separate the wheat from the chaff and send somebody else to physically look into each one of those persons. Now when the fed has that many people just to check out folks on a list 24/7 then we will indeed be living in a police state.

Old 04-26-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
If I were she, I would be covering my face as well as my head.
She isn't the first mother to deny any wrong doing by their child and she won't be the last.

Old 04-26-2013, 05:41 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,475,967 times
I probably should try to avoid news stories on the marathon bombing, but they pop up everywhere. Bloomberg did a story where they ran video of the mother in Russia blasting the US. She said “America took away my children”. Boy did that make my eyes cross. America “took” nothing. They knocked on the door and (sadly for us) were taken in. They proceeded then to sour themselves in some way, delved into extremist doctrine, convinced themselves that murdering Americans was the solemn duty of their religion, and expressed their cowardice and bloodthirstiness in a public event. BELIEVE ME most Americans now wish they WERE back with her. Did she ask them to abandon America? Did she TRY to steer them away from the murderous doctrines of Islamic extremists? Instead of vituperations, maybe she should start explaining how she performed her obligations as a parent.

And when all this was done, my thought: Tamerlan inherited his mental problems. He was born with a genetically screwed up brain. Exhibit 1: The mom.

Old 04-26-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
They really need to steamline the system to make it more efficient and user friendly. As for mother of the year, no need to worry about her setting foot here anymore. Shameful that she cannot even retrieve her son for burial in her own country or visit her injured son. If I were she, I would be covering my face as well as my head.
You probably heard this already, but the former head of the FBI's counter terrorism unit said on (there they go again) NPR regarding the warning from Russia... you have to consider the source. His feelings were that considering the Russians campaign against Chechnyans fighting for independence damn near anybody would make the Russian's list of suspects.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:50 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
No we don't. We know a whole lot more than that.

Like, they bragged to guy whose car they stole they were the Boston bombers.

Like, one minute they had backpacks, then they didn't.

Like, one witness actually saw Dzhokar set his backpack down.

So, he and brother either set them off remotely, or had accomplices who did.

There is no doubt, they built and placed those bombs.

It is also no coincidence that Tamerlen and his mother are on terrorist watch lists. She doesn't look particularly upset about any of this. She's also wanted in MA for shoplifting and destroying property - a 2012 charge - which is why she isn't coming back to US.

Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
We still don't have pictures of them putting backpacks down.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:53 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times
I don't understand why the police aren't even allowed to question the wife of the older brother?

Apparently they made the bombs in the tiny apartment of the older brother and his wife. How could she NOT have known what they were intending to do?

She could be an accomplice to the crime.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:56 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
You probably heard this already, but the former head of the FBI's counter terrorism unit said on (there they go again) NPR regarding the warning from Russia... you have to consider the source. His feelings were that considering the Russians campaign against Chechnyans fighting for independence damn near anybody would make the Russian's list of suspects.
I'm still lifting my jaw off the floor after reading this. I realize that this is not something new, but in light of the Boston bombings and this mother/son relationship speculation of her influence in his life regarding religious fundamentalism, I came across this.

Quote:
Encouraging our children to kill themselves for Palestine is a mother’s most glorious duty, says wife of Hamas MP

“Women in Palestine play a great role in raising their children and in encouraging them to wage Jihad for the sake of Allah,” she told the Gaza TV channel, in comments broadcast last month and recorded, reposted and transcribed Monday by the MEMRI (Middle East Media Research Institute) watchdog. “This is absolutely the most glorious thing a woman can do. Women play their role and are not inferior to men. When a man goes to wage Jihad, his wife does not say ‘Don’t go’ or try to stop him. She encourages and supports him. She is the one who prepares his equipment, bids him farewell, and welcomes [his Jihad].”

Encouraging our children to kill themselves for Palestine is a mother's most glorious duty, says wife of Hamas MP | The Times of Israel

Old 04-26-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
We still don't have pictures of them putting backpacks down.
So what was jury selection like? Oh, that's right not only has a jury not been empaneled there hasn't been a date set for the trial, but you think that you are somehow entitled to see all the evidence before even his defense team. That should make jury selection, when it does occur a piece of cake.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:00 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, excuse me! You can continue to believe it is "lefties" like claudhopper, GuyNTexas, emilybh, et al who are supporting the Tarnaev family for all I care. sickofnyc, who you gave three thumbs up, is no conservative, but she is in agreement with you!
Please explain Katiana how in tarnation you think any of my posts in any way shape or form hint at being "leftisit". ???????? Standing behind the government, the way it is now (a virtual police state headng towards fascism and communism) is leftist.

I think you are by FAR more leftist in your views than anything I could conceive of.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:02 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev reportedly supported Democrats.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev was a boxer.

California Senator Barbara Boxer is a Democrat.

Coincidence?
Now that's funny....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies