Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 06:30 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
You know, I find this more offensive than the insults. You think you can say what is worth talking about or not? Give me a break. Domestic and foreign terrorists are both working hypotheses. Your effort to muzzle folks who might consider a viewpoint hostile to your ideology is against the first amendment.

Whatever happened to "I hate what you have to say, but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it."

At this point, we are just tossing around ideas, and given what we know now, an antitax zealot/kook is a reasonable one. As is a foreign terrorist. We'll see.
Then why doesn't he do as Fox did. Report it but say don't jump to conclusions. Instead he is already suggesting it was a right wing radical. That is not reporting news. Again, the sad thing is people listen to him.

We all heard that if you form a circle and start out saying one thing. By the time what was said makes its way back it is all distorted. All Matthews has to do is put out a hypothesis and the next thing you know we got a bunch of people blaming it on the right. If he were any kind of news man he would not do this.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:33 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post

Tax revolters are among us.

2010 Austin suicide attack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting. The guy was definitely not a full on right winger (he hated chrony capitalism and the IRS) but angry as hell. So, I don't think the Boston thing has to be a right wing attack, but it could well be a domestic terrorist with some axe to grind.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:36 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Then why doesn't he do as Fox did. Report it but say don't jump to conclusions. Instead he is already suggesting it was a right wing radical. That is not reporting news. Again, the sad thing is people listen to him.

We all heard that if you form a circle and start out saying one thing. By the time what was said makes its way back it is all distorted. All Matthews has to do is put out a hypothesis and the next thing you know we got a bunch of people blaming it on the right. If he were any kind of news man he would not do this.

Since when does Chris Matthews report news? (Honest question: I don't have TV, so I don't watch any of this except on the road.) I thought led a discussion show (Hardball?). Speculation is what those are about, right? I am not saying he is right, but the outrage seems a bit contived. He stated his opinion and reasoning. Guys like him get paid to do that.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:38 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,475,771 times
Obama Administration Has SLASHED Budget For Domestic Bombing Prevention

Thanks scumbag!

Old 04-16-2013, 06:39 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Since when does Chris Matthews report news? (Honest question: I don't have TV, so I don't watch any of this except on the road.) I thought led a discussion show (Hardball?). Speculation is what those are about, right? I am not saying he is right, but the outrage seems a bit contived. He stated his opinion and reasoning. Guys like him get paid to do that.
You are right. His job is to put out left wing propaganda, his job is to try to blame the right. Some people mistake it for news.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:44 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yes commonly used by terrorists. Why can't you folks admit reality??
Did I say this wasn't terrorism? Where?

Old 04-16-2013, 06:46 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yes commonly used by terrorists. Why can't you folks admit reality??
Very common and certainly anyone wbo uses one is a stinking terrorist. Crude, cheap, and lethal. A terrorist dream. A pressure cooker is quite the perfect shell for a bomb. No fuss no muss ready to go and airtight.

Anx they both went off as intended. Whoever did this, they arent entirely stupid. I have not seen anything yet as to how they detonated them. That will be a better tell as to just how smart these clowns are. Damn!! I just want them to root these bastards out. Let some heavily armed Federal Ninjas take care of business. With all the resources on this, somebody will break zomething, somewhere, that will start a trail. Modern forensics, are, quite amazing.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:48 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Of course he would, needs to save money for his entertainment/vacations at the cost of the American people in more ways than one.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:52 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
I hope I live long enough to picket their funerals.
I thought I posted this on the thead about the Westborough Bapstist church.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:00 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
I thought I posted this on the thead about the Westborough Bapstist church.
Appears many threads were merged with this one, that's probably what happened here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies