Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 01:16 AM

742 posts, read 678,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Why?
I've read comments on CD that wish it were a Saudi.
So?
Those are comments. What the OP is sharing a news article. I know it's the net but there's a difference!
Also, by white they mean an American citizen.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:17 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
If the terrorist in this case turns out to be a loner white, Salons excrement of a web site will be among those to then target and slander Conservatives. That Joan Walsh and the rest if em, nothing but MSNBC rated far left twits.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:33 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default Chris Matthews: Did Boston Bombing Have Anything To Do With Tax Day?

Or just a coincidence?

We're still waiting to find out.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:34 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
This one is just as bad. The title of the liberal outlet Salon:

Let’s hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American.

Let’s hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American - Salon.com

What are they trying to do start a race war? Pitting American against American or maybe trying to start a civil war?
Read your own link and find out.

Old 04-17-2013, 04:24 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Agreed. They are graphic, but everyone should look. It gives an idea of just what kind of sick individuals are in the world, and what they are capable of. This is what everyone should think when they hear "terrorism". I sincerely hope they are caught quickly and suffer a terrible, painful death.

It's far too early to get political speculating on blame for this butchery, especially to place it on our fellow countrymen. Better to remember the fallen, the first responders that saved countless lives, and the people of Boston that are currently opening their homes to strangers. The guilty are being hunted and will be found. There will be a time for justice and vengeance.
They will find the guilty party or parties. What motivates the hatred they have for people, is a long term question. Reasonless hatred for people is a worldwide problem and, lest we forget, not something we Americans are free either.

Old 04-17-2013, 04:45 AM

684 posts, read 1,122,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
This is the kind of trash that makes up some of the far left in this country. I don't by any means lump all liberals in with this kind of scum.

Let’s hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American - Salon.com

I've seen garbage from both the far left and the far right, but this Salon article sinks to a new low. I hate to think that any of those writers are Americans.
Salon.com is 120% correct. If this turns out to be a white dude, people will say "oh he crazy". If, if, its a brown dude/Muslim - it will be the usual "all Muslims are terrorist" BS.

There are 1.67 billion Muslims on this Earth, yet a few thousand (even if it is 1 million such twit Wahabbist militants) bad apples, who are ideologically far removed from Orthodox Islam, are held up as representative?

**** that!

Old 04-17-2013, 04:57 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
What motivates the hatred they have for people, is a long term question.
Seems there is a level of hatred some people on C-D possess, which is clearly motivated by their political beliefs/views.

Last edited by softblueyz; 04-17-2013 at 05:18 AM..

Old 04-17-2013, 04:57 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
Colin Ferguson, a black man, shot up a train full of white people. There hasn't been any backlash against black people on commuter rail.

Two black men terrorized DC from the trunk of their car, yet no backlash based on that tragedy.

Salon is full of crap.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2
Meanwhile, I spent a good chunk of yesterday calming down one of my student workers who experienced SIGNIFICANT backlash. He interns at a Muslim arts center in Boston and is Pakistani. I can't even begin to tell you some of the things that were said to him (though, more hearteningly, several people stood up against those shouting insults).

Unfortunately, it's a different world when it comes to people perceiving the perpetrator as Muslim. It reminds me enough of the Olympic Park Bombings that I have a bit of hope that it was some crazy extremist from the woods who hopes to pop back into obscurity. There would be NO backlash against whites, where backlash against Muslims is significantly more accepted.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:04 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Seems there is a level hatred some people on C-D possess, who is clearly motivated by their political beliefs/views.
Waaay too true.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:04 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,267,455 times
Once again, the American Public turns this bombing in Boston into a huge political issue and is now trying to decide what RACE the maniac who did it was or is. What does it matter?? Whoever they are they are nothing more than PURE EVIL. It is now more important that we begin to come together as a nation and figure out what in the hell is going on here. First the massacare in Newtown, CT and now this with yet another little boy dead as well as two others.
Lets not make this yet another opportunity for the politically obsessed to get into their infamous pissing matches over a tragedy. So tired of the B.S. and little or no action towards the positive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies