Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 07:36 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,216,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
It may well have been a white guy, or white guys most likely. Not tea partyers, not right wingers, though. No, don't look there. New World Order, folks, start there.
Homeland Security orders up thousands of armored vehicles and a massive stockpile of costly ammunition. Ban the citizenry from owning firearms. If they aren't comfortable with that, create the need to make them
want to give up their freedoms. Create fear from some enemy, divide everybody. Blame the guys most likely to stand against them. Now theres talk of people buying and building their own spy drones and the governments in a fit.
Do we want martial law forced on us? Have they declared war on all of us ? We need to start watching those "who want to protect us" all the more closely now.
This was just too smart of an operation. It took planning and know how. And the timing makes you wonder. And the medias reaction and the governments reaction bears close scrutiny. Very close scrutiny.
How sophisticated is looking up how to make a crude pressure cooker bomb on the internet, building it from common materials, and then carrying bags into a packed public event with no bag screening, full of people carrying athletic bags, and putting them against a building. It was smart, but it wouldn't take a criminal mastermind. My neighbor down the road builds homemade fireworks ALL THE TIME, and that would be more difficult. It's not rocket science.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:37 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,128,400 times
It is kind of weird Al-Quaieda is struggling to find out if they are responsible or not.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:37 AM

21,487 posts, read 10,603,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
Colin Ferguson, a black man, shot up a train full of white people. There hasn't been any backlash against black people on commuter rail.

Two black men terrorized DC from the trunk of their car, yet no backlash based on that tragedy.

Salon is full of crap.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2
Good post. I'd forgotten those incidents. And think of all the terrorism the gangs perpetuate on their own neighborhoods. If shooting semi-automatic weapons from your car in a spray designed to hit whoever is not terrorism, I don't know what is. I guess people don't care about that since it's not happening in Beverly Hills or 5th Avenue.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:38 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,047,807 times
Just remember "somebody out there know who did this" (recent FBI statement). Really? Thanks Captain Obvious!

Old 04-17-2013, 07:40 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,692,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
That's who the logical suspects are....at least based on past actions.
Past actions of domestic left-wing terror groups far out number the small minority of acts by right-wing extremists. do a little research, even Obama's pal Bill Ayers' left-wing terror group injured and killed people. The left-wing domestic terror groups, are groups, not like the lone madmen like McVeigh.

Do some research, look up domestic terrorism, and you will fund that the left-wing owns the top rungs. It's the left that actually go thru with their terrorist actions. These are the same people who organized and participated in riots within the OWS movement. The white skinheads who beat up a gay guy in a restroom are small peanuts to groups like ELF, or The Weathermen.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:40 AM

1 posts, read 808 times
Another inside job and kinda smart but the CIA, FBI work very closely. Are last 4 aministration have been acting out terrorist attacks on unarmed people through out the east, now Boston own little 9/11 that it was staged if you ask me, I'm watching what they do not listen to what they say, you can be sure 10% is truth and the 90% is all lies.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:44 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,216,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Past actions of domestic left-wing terror groups far out number the small minority of acts by right-wing extremists. do a little research, even Obama's pal Bill Ayers' left-wing terror group injured and killed people. The left-wing domestic terror groups, are groups, not like the lone madmen like McVeigh.

Do some research, look up domestic terrorism, and you will fund that the left-wing owns the top rungs. It's the left that actually go thru with their terrorist actions. These are the same people who organized and participated in riots within the OWS movement. The white skinheads who beat up a gay guy in a restroom are small peanuts to groups like ELF, or The Weathermen.
I understand, and if it was 30 years ago, left wing groups would be a threat. There hasn't been a left wing attack since the early 1980s. The feds infiltrated those groups and the leaders all went to prison. Let's take a look at who's committed terrorist acts in the last 30 years, shall we? (hint--with a few exceptions, like the unibomber, it was all either foreign or radical right wing extremists) Could it be a left wing attack? Of course, but the odds (and recent history, with a logical assessment of threats) don't make it likely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrori..._United_States
Domestic terrorism in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by mb1547; 04-17-2013 at 07:58 AM..

Old 04-17-2013, 07:44 AM

21,487 posts, read 10,603,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I'm as "non-left" as they get, but in all honesty, this isn't representative of all the left. This Salon writer is a whole special kind of stupid fx.
But MSNBC has steadily been going on about right wing terrorists, saying most domestic terrorists are right wing extremists. I guess they forgot Ted Kazinski, Christopher Doerne, the father-son snipers, Bill Ayers and all the anti-war protestors of the sixties, eco-terrorists.

I will admit though that I wouldn't be surprised if it did turn out to be right wing types because of the gun control laws. I remember Oklahoma City in response to Waco and Ruby Ridge. The problem I have is that MSNBC and now this Salon writer seem so eager for that to be the case.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:52 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,583,836 times
I think if it were an organized terrorist group they would have made a statement by now.
They have in the past.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:53 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,658,379 times
I read this article last night and found it to be one of the most racist, offensive articles I have ever laid eyes on. To politicize this tragedy is so incredibly low, it is ridiculous. The thing that wrote it (it does not deserve human status) is despicable. I wish more people could see this just to stop reading anything in Salon or to fight back against this type of hate and racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies