Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 01:20 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,170,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
And if Obama was to attend that funeral right after Boston, you conservatives would be screeching in outrage. "During this time when the nation is mourning the terrorist attack in Boston, he has the GALL to just leave the country to attend some funeral of a foreign former prime minister??? He has no shame!!!" You conservatives are beyond predictable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
Get stuffed 'man'. You don't like my POV? Ignore it. Obama is a pathetic, political beast who hasn't enough class to attend the funeral because of politics. Either offer an argument against my point or go play in the street.
See that above post of mine? That's directed toward you, you fit the profile perfectly.

As for your quote above, grow up & put away the hysterics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
The reason is that Thatcher represented everything Obama hates.
pro-choice, gun control, socialized medicine?

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Sheesh.......there's an awful lot of butt hurt going on around here over someone who hasn't had a role in government in over twenty years.

Someone should see a doctor; I hear there are creams and suppositories for that.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:21 PM

977 posts, read 764,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
If you think she was so great, why didn't you go? You could have at least joined the crowds of other unimportant Thatcher supporters mourning her passing.
So you have attended every funeral of every political figure you have ever liked that has passed on. Grow up buddy and tell me why a shooting victim is more worthy of the Obama's attention than Thatcher.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Why give a damn about a shooting victim in Chicago? Well?
You can't be this stupid. Seriously...it should be impossible for someone to be as lame as you appear to be.

Chicago is in America. Britain is not. Why should we care about a dead ex prime minister of a foreign country more than one of our own citizens?

Get help.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post

As for your quote above, grow up & put away the hysterics.
Take your own advice lefty.
I know the topic bothers you so spare yourself all if this angst and ignore it. Try putting your fingers in your ears if it's a problem.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:23 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
So you have attended every funeral of every political figure you have ever liked that has passed on. Grow up buddy and tell me why a shooting victim is more worthy of the Obama's attention than Thatcher.
Nope.

But then again I'm not the one throwing a little baby hissy fit either.

LOL

Old 04-17-2013, 01:24 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,930,915 times
Quote:
The Queen is a figurehead. Deal with it.
Actually no. The Queen retains very real powers even if the convention is that she doesn't use them. The Queen is the ultimate guarantor of Britain's 'constitution'. Furthermore, by being 'above' politics, the Queen actually represents all British people and not just those who support one party or the other. That gives her tremendous moral authority in the nation. It would be a very brave prime minister that tried to take on the monarchy and one who would almost certainly lose.

But I do appreciate your comments. It is always nice to discuss with people that know absolutely nothing about the subject.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You can't be this stupid. Seriously...it should be impossible for someone to be as lame as you appear to be.

Chicago is in America. Britain is not. Why should we care about a dead ex prime minister of a foreign country more than one of our own citizens?

Get help.
Then why doesn't Obama attend more funerals of shooting victims? Get a brain and quit defending the political punk.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:25 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,170,336 times
Quote:
Take your own advice lefty.
I know the topic bothers you so spare yourself all if this angst and ignore it. Try putting your fingers in your ears if it's a problem.
Haha, dude I could care less about a funeral overseas & whether someone from our government attended it or not. You however have got your knickers in an odd twist over it. It's actually pretty funny.

Why would I put my fingers in my ear? I can't actually hear you screeching, I can just imagine it though. Poor thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies