Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2013, 06:26 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Like it or not this is the direction society is moving.
Learn to accept it and move on with your life.
This is not ALL of society or the bulk of the human herd moving in a certain direction. This is a tiny minority with a cause and agenda...They are entitled to do what they want but don't mislead the public and say the whole world is moving in the direction that this new sexual revolution is suggesting. This is like a politician ruling by poll. They are dependent on the concept "everyone is doing it- don't miss out" - Well everyone is not doing it and the gay faction and their supporters are a tiny minority..that is a fact. Minorities have rights..but not the right to rule.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:28 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
This is not ALL of society or the bulk of the human herd moving in a certain direction. This is a tiny minority with a cause and agenda...They are entitled to do what they want but don't mislead the public and say the whole world is moving in the direction that this new sexual revolution is suggesting. This is like a politician ruling by poll. They are dependent on the concept "everyone is doing it- don't miss out" - Well everyone is not doing it and the gay faction and their supporters are a tiny minority..that is a fact. Minorities have rights..but not the right to rule.
A tiny minority?

Haven't seen the polls have you?

Old 04-18-2013, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
A tiny minority?

Haven't seen the polls have you?
There is no policing of polls nor is there any enforcement of quality control. It just irks me when it comes to kids...if a young male has the slightest attraction to a male friend- These jerks want to sexualize this attraction or love and lead the kid down the path of gaydom. Nawh...not all young males and females who show a love or attraction for the same sex are homosexuals by nature...This bulk processing of children is akin to sexual interference.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:38 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
There is no policing of polls nor is there any enforcement of quality control. It just irks me when it comes to kids...if a young male has the slightest attraction to a male friend- These jerks want to sexualize this attraction or love and lead the kid down the path of gaydom. Nawh...not all young males and females who show a love or attraction for the same sex are homosexuals by nature...This bulk processing of children is akin to sexual interference.
No one is sexualizing the attraction. We simply want to let the kid know that it is ok. We want the kid to know that there is nothing wrong with him. We want him to know that he is perfectly normal. We want him to know that there are others, he is not a freak, and possibly prevent serious problems, damaged psyche, and possible suicide.

We want others to know that bullying us is not ok.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:50 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly_Allen View Post
I am curious if gay rights supporters believe that children in elementary school should be taught that homosexuality is natural and normal. Would you allow your children to attend such schools that teach there is no difference between homosexuality and heterosexuality?

In the UK, many schools are adopting such a philosophy and the same is true in parts of the Bay area. I take issue with such teachings, because I don't believe children should be taught that same sex unions are natural and normal. The future doesn't look too bright for us.

Homosexual Indoctrination in UK Schools - it's happening now and teachers get paid a bonus for it! - YouTube
Homosexuality is natural and normal for people (adults AND children) who are born gay. They may be a minority of the population, but they do exist and they should be acknowledged. It's not indoctrination, it's information, which is what schools are supposed to provide. There is an obvious difference between homosexuality and heterosexuality that even young children are smart enough to notice. However, there should be no difference in the rights, privileges, and respect extended to both lifestyles and THAT is what the schools are teaching.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:02 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I think kids should be taught that homosexuals exist, that they should be treated with kindness and respect, and that it is utterly unacceptable to bully or mistreat other kids who have gay parents or who are themselves gay (the latter being a middle and high school issue).

If that's teaching "homosexual tolerance" - then yes, I support teaching "homosexual tolerance."
I think kids should be taught that everyone should be treated with kindness and respect, and that it is utterly unacceptable to bully or mistreat any other kids. I support teaching tolerance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
Public schools should butt out and allow me to teach my children about sexuality.
I believe in this ^^^ just as strongly.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No one is sexualizing the attraction. We simply want to let the kid know that it is ok. We want the kid to know that there is nothing wrong with him. We want him to know that he is perfectly normal. We want him to know that there are others, he is not a freak, and possibly prevent serious problems, damaged psyche, and possible suicide.

We want others to know that bullying us is not ok.
Of course they are sexualizing the normal attraction- Sexuality is key here. Being from an earlier era - I can safely say there was less 'bulling" of kids that were different then than there is now. The problem here is that in western society they can not show the difference between love and sex- they think they are the same thing.

I had a couple of friends back in the 60s that would be considered gay today. We never thought of them in sexual terms. There was no focus of abuse perpetrated on them. They were simply our friends. What they desired sexually was private and never an issue. We loved our friends. I honestly believe what manifests later in life sexually is their private business.

To create a society of us and them and to focus on it in the name of tolerance is stupid. Just the word tolerance suggests that something must be tolerated- We never "tolerated" - our approach was natural and not socially engineered...If you are brought up by good intelligent loving parents that do not institute hate in the house hold as normal...there will be no problem or need for tolerance. I was fortunate. My parents were old school - and hate was for lowly peasants and not for intelligent people.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:23 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,384,203 times
It does seem a bit young to be talking about this in school.

I'd prefer if schools just taught to respect all people and treat people the way you'd want to be treated. Why even get into the whole normal/abnormal discussion?

Old 04-18-2013, 07:25 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Of course they are sexualizing the normal attraction- Sexuality is key here. Being from an earlier era - I can safely say there was less 'bulling" of kids that were different then than there is now. The problem here is that in western society they can not show the difference between love and sex- they think they are the same thing.

I had a couple of friends back in the 60s that would be considered gay today. We never thought of them in sexual terms. There was no focus of abuse perpetrated on them. They were simply our friends. What they desired sexually was private and never an issue. We loved our friends. I honestly believe what manifests later in life sexually is their private business.

To create a society of us and them and to focus on it in the name of tolerance is stupid. Just the word tolerance suggests that something must be tolerated- We never "tolerated" - our approach was natural and not socially engineered...If you are brought up by good intelligent loving parents that do not institute hate in the house hold as normal...there will be no problem or need for tolerance. I was fortunate. My parents were old school - and hate was for lowly peasants and not for intelligent people.
it is no longer the 1950's. a great deal of society today were not raised in "Mayberry" nor wear rose colored glasses.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:30 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly_Allen View Post
If you watched the clip, you would see that it's greater than teaching children that homosexuals exist, I called it indoctrination because they want public schools to teach children that homosexuality is completely normal. Young children are forced to hear their school teachers read stories about gay love and gay marriage. Why would you comment, without even watching the clip?
Are you still talking about the UK? I can't speak for the UK. I dont know their laws or their history on tolerance or intolerance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies