Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 12:58 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,057,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
It isn't just thread that you have brought up Christianity in relation to these bombings, here's multiple posts from the main thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post29218841

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post29216966

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post29198617

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post29199383

I responded in this thread, but it wasn't the first time I had seen you make this arguement, along with other apologetic arguements for the bombers (maybe it was a head injury from boxing, etc.)

The Russian government didn't warn us that the guy had brain damage, that he was a Christian extremist, had participated in the Olympic Park bombing, or had joined the IRA.

That these guys were Muslim is not an indictment against all Muslims. But the root of this attack is radical Islam, according the Russian government's warning and all indications on their social media. We should deal with the realities of this attack.

If a Christian does something in the name of Christ, I will be happy to discuss that and not bring up previous Muslim bombings that are not related.
Exactly. He's claiming to be "Christian" and seems intent on diversion from the original topic at hand to try and make comparisons that really grasp. Call me skeptical...

Old 04-24-2013, 12:59 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
What many won't admit is we are in a holy war...........of their choosing. We have all grown up with freedom of religion as our right. These muslims believe nothing of the sort. Folks who immigrate here aren't raised around folks who worship different religions and they don't like seeing it "flaunted" in front of them so to say.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:59 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
She was arrested in July 2012 on the shoplifting charge, and she was supposed to show up for court in October and didn't. It sounds like the parents have been back in Dagestan for awhile, so my bet is that she left the country after she was arrested and before the court hearing, so there wouldn't have been a warrant at the time that she left. There's a warrant out for her now for failing to appear in court, so if she tries to return to see the younger boy in the hospital she'll go to jail. The bottom line is that as the way things stand now, she can't ever come back to the US without being arrested.

The mom sounds like a radical extremist nut to me too--I agree, and I think she's as much to blame for what happened to her kids as anything else.
For whatever it's worth...

The two men who allegedly carried out the Boston Marathon bombing were ‘failed’ by their parents, especially their ‘controlling’ mother who encouraged their move towards Islamic radicalization, relatives told MailOnline today.

Ruslan Tsarni claimed that Zubeidat allowed a firebrand cleric into their house to give one-on-one sermons to Tamerlan over the kitchen table during which he claimed he could talk to demons and perform exorcisms.

Family friends also told MailOnline that the boys’ father Anzor never stood up to his wife and revealed that she was the ‘boss’ of their house.

Until now Tamerlan has been blamed for leading his ‘sweet, innocent’ younger brother down the path to radicalism that allegedly ended with them killing three people and injuring 170 at the Boston Marathon last Monday.

MailOnline’s extensive interviews with Ruslan and the boys’ other uncle Alvi paint the clearest picture so far of life in the family home in Cambridge, Massachusetts that should have been the cradle for two intelligent, handsome young men.

Boston ‘bombers’ mom to blame | Education News

Thus far I have not read any good reviews of this particular family unit by friends or relatives.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:08 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,732,396 times
Quote:
Now you're just full of crap. I've never apologized for the bombers, but trying to understand WHY and to see if there are other factors involved is part of being a thinking person. If you can't look at all sides of an issue I get that--for some reason that threatens you--but it shows a lack of intellectual curiosity and an inability to see anything but a very narrow view of an issue. You don't solve problems that way.

The links you've posted are completely consistent with what I've said here. If you're trying to make a point I'd love to hear it, because right now all you're doing is babbling.
We already know why. The Russian government helpfully told us the why and the who 2 years before the bombings. We decided to ignore that, along with his trip back to Chechnya and extreme social media postings.

And I agree, your posts were all consistent. You have consistently tried to equivocate the Boston bombings by bringing up Christianity.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:10 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
As far as the brain injury issue goes with the older bomber--the top medical researchers in the country who specialize in traumatic brain injury are basically begging that a brain autopsy be performed on the older bomber to see if he suffered brain damage from his boxing career. They aren't saying that brain injury would excuse the bombing, but it could explain the sudden personality change, risk taking behavior, and even some of the stupidity in his not thinking through what they'd do after the attacks.

Somehow discussing that turned into my claiming that the guy wasn't responsible because he was brain damaged. It's pretty obvious that some here can read, but they have trouble with the "big" words. Good grief...

http://www.boston.com/sports/maratho...WGL/story.html

Old 04-24-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
We already know why. The Russian government helpfully told us the why and the who 2 years before the bombings. We decided to ignore that, along with his trip back to Chechnya and extreme social media postings.

And I agree, your posts were all consistent. You have consistently tried to equivocate the Boston bombings by bringing up Christianity.
I've consistently made the point that the bombers were Muslim extremists, that there's nothing special about being a Muslim that makes you an extremist--we have them in Christianity too.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:14 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

The two men who allegedly carried out the Boston Marathon bombing were ‘failed’ by their parents, especially their ‘controlling’ mother who encouraged their move towards Islamic radicalization, relatives told MailOnline today.

Ruslan Tsarni claimed that Zubeidat allowed a firebrand cleric into their house to give one-on-one sermons to Tamerlan over the kitchen table during which he claimed he could talk to demons and perform exorcisms.

Family friends also told MailOnline that the boys’ father Anzor never stood up to his wife and revealed that she was the ‘boss’ of their house.

Until now Tamerlan has been blamed for leading his ‘sweet, innocent’ younger brother down the path to radicalism that allegedly ended with them killing three people and injuring 170 at the Boston Marathon last Monday.

MailOnline’s extensive interviews with Ruslan and the boys’ other uncle Alvi paint the clearest picture so far of life in the family home in Cambridge, Massachusetts that should have been the cradle for two intelligent, handsome young men.

Thus far I have not read any good reviews of this particular family unit by friends or relatives.
With all due respect. . . The Mail Online?

Old 04-24-2013, 01:18 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
As far as the brain injury issue goes with the older bomber--the top medical researchers in the country who specialize in traumatic brain injury are basically begging that a brain autopsy be performed on the older bomber to see if he suffered brain damage from his boxing career. They aren't saying that brain injury would excuse the bombing, but it could explain the sudden personality change, risk taking behavior, and even some of the stupidity in his not thinking through what they'd do after the attacks.

Somehow discussing that turned into my claiming that the guy wasn't responsible because he was brain damaged. It's pretty obvious that some here can read, but they have trouble with the "big" words. Good grief...

Researchers urge special brain autopsy of bombing suspect - Marathon - Boston.com
They are in overdrive to blame anything but terrorism for this.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

The mom is a radical extremist nut, she turned her kids into radical extremist nuts, and here we are.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Page not found.........
I just tried the link and it's working for me. Here's another talking about the article I linked to first from the Boston Globe.

Poor Mojo's Newswire: Researchers urge autopsy of Boston bomber to check for CTE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies