Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 11:17 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Notice how hard Obama comes accross against Americans,, but so very soft to the muslims.. his bias. His beliefs, his baggage. We are not equal in Obama's eyes. Muslims will be favored over Americans.

In Obama's book :

In “Audacity of Hope” he writes: “I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.” The quote comes from page 261 of the paperback edition of “The Audacity of Hope.
That quote does not appear in the the "Audacity of Hope".

Old 04-24-2013, 11:29 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post

snopes.com: Obama Racism Quotes

For anyone who's interested.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:41 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
You're right, it doesn't. He doesn't say the word Muslim. He was talking about Muslims and basically did say this, however like most fun anti-the-other-guy rhetoric this was taken out of context. Here's a little more of the exact quote:

"Whenever I appear before immigrant audiences, I can count on some good-natured ribbing from my staff after my speech; according to them, my remarks always follow a three-part structure: "I am your friend," "[Fill in the home country] has been a cradle of civilization," and "You embody the American dream." They're right, my message is simple, for what I've come to understand is that my mere presence before these newly minted Americans serves notice that they matter, that they are voters critical to my success and full-fledged citizens deserving of respect.
"Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Old 04-24-2013, 11:41 AM

1,677 posts, read 1,668,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It's been reported the family were fans of Alex Jones and were buying into his endless conspiracy theories.
Jones is (or at least was) the 9/11 Truther leader, no? The younger suspect identified himself, in his own words, as a 9/11 Truther. Unless there is reliable evidence, in their own words, showing that they "were buying into his endless conspiracy theories", I reject that idea. They are Truthers. Radical Islam crept in and progressed after that, which some might say was a natural progression since Islam was blamed for 9/11.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:43 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Well, an outstanding warrant would be a good enough reason to scamper off to Dagestan. I don't know and we may never know the entire psychology behind this particular mother/son relationship, but if some of the things that are coming to light are true, as far as her own type of radicalization concerning her conspiracy 9/11 theories, she held some kind of sway over her impressionable sons as mothers very often do. If this is the case, she has herself to blame for a son that will likely rot in prison and one that is on a cold slab in the morgue. Karma is a *****.
She was arrested in July 2012 on the shoplifting charge, and she was supposed to show up for court in October and didn't. It sounds like the parents have been back in Dagestan for awhile, so my bet is that she left the country after she was arrested and before the court hearing, so there wouldn't have been a warrant at the time that she left. There's a warrant out for her now for failing to appear in court, so if she tries to return to see the younger boy in the hospital she'll go to jail. The bottom line is that as the way things stand now, she can't ever come back to the US without being arrested.

The mom sounds like a radical extremist nut to me too--I agree, and I think she's as much to blame for what happened to her kids as anything else.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:44 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
She was arrested in July 2012 on the shoplifting charge, and she was supposed to show up for court in October and didn't. It sounds like the parents have been back in Dagestan for awhile, so my bet is that she left the country after she was arrested and before the court hearing, so there wouldn't have been a warrant at the time that she left. There's a warrant out for her now for failing to appear in court, so if she tries to return to see the younger boy in the hospital she'll go to jail. The bottom line is that as the way things stand now, she can't ever come back to the US without being arrested.

The mom sounds like a radical extremist nut to me too--I agree, and I think she's as much to blame for what happened to her kids as anything else.
My sentiments exactly.

Frankly, this family sounds disgusting. Bunch of Borats if you ask me.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:46 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
The point is, one doesn't HAVE to go back "hundreds of years" to find Christian terrorist attacks. There were attempts just a few months ago. The REASON Muslims have more of a tendency to be terrorists at this moment in history is because most the Muslim world is not a happy place at the moment. Those parts of the world have been poverty stricken for decades and poverty breeds anger. The terrorism is a political movement using religion as recruitment tool.. Same was true for the IRA bombings - while religion was used as a recruitment tool, the REAL reason for the terror was political.

Ken

Actually the point of this thread is about the Boston bombers, who we know were not Christians, nor were they affliated with the IRA. So continuing to post about the IRA and Christians is silly.

Not sure why you put "hundreds of years" in quotes. I didn't say anything about having to go back hundreds of years to find attacks, you quoted my post and then "___" your own phrase which I didn't say.

These particular Muslim terrorists weren't in some poverty stricken slum. The US gave them asylum, multiple years of public assistance, good schools, public defenders for their crimes (both now and previously) and at least one college scholarship. And they chose to repay us by killing innocent children.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:56 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
My sentiments exactly.

Frankly, this family sounds disgusting. Bunch of Borats if you ask me.
I didn't realize the shopping lifting thing was recent until today--I thought she'd probably got off it without a conviction if she'd been allowed to stay in the US, because she would have been deported for a felony. It looks like she jumped bond and RAN back home to avoid a trial and jail--I guess they thought they'd rather deal with the KGB at home vs. jail time here.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:57 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Actually the point of this thread is about the Boston bombers, who we know were not Christians, nor were they affliated with the IRA. So continuing to post about the IRA and Christians is silly.

Not sure why you put "hundreds of years" in quotes. I didn't say anything about having to go back hundreds of years to find attacks, you quoted my post and then "___" your own phrase which I didn't say.

These particular Muslim terrorists weren't poverty stricken. The US gave them asylum, public assistance, good schools, and at least one college scholarship. And they chose to repay us by killing innocent children.
These particular terrorists...

They were individuals who represented themselves and their own misguided ideas and beliefs.

They didn't represent Muslims. They weren't "Muslim terrorists", they were terrorists who happened to be "Muslims". The Muslim faith doesn't tell its believers to bomb marathons and kill innocent people. Just like the Christian faith didn't tell Serbs to commit genocide on the Muslims in their country. It was Christians trying to do that. And yet we are reasonable, rational, intelligent enough to separate the religion from the extremists who practice that religion. We make the distinction when Christians are the ones committing heinous acts, and we make the distinction when Muslims are the ones committing heinous acts. Because to do otherwise would be hypocritical.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:01 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Please stop trying to eqiuvocate. You have been all over the bombing threads trying to claim the bombers were no different than all those Christians out there waiting to kill people in the name of Jesus and saying they had "conservative" ideology. It's maddening.

Christians didn't kill 3,000 people on 9/11, they didn't attack the USS Cole, they didn't masscre 300 people including 180 children in the Beslan school massacre, they didn't bomb trains in Madrid to kill 180 people, kill 200 with bombs on trains in India, or kill 4 and wound 200 others in Boston. And they didn't plan the newest attacks in Canada.

The fact that these attacks were done in the name of Islam doesn't mean every Muslim or even most Muslims are bad. But it also has nothing to do with Christianity, so please stop with the nonsense.

And stop going back hundreds of years into history to try to excuse this. That would be like someone screaming "Muhammad raped a 9 year old girl" in response to a priest being found guilty of pedophilia. It's insane to try to equivocate and excuse behavior because you want to protect the people involved. Wrong is wrong, and this wrong was done by two radical Muslim men.

We can talk about Christianity the next time Christians blow people up, and I'll be happy to discuss any possible religious motives then as well.
You don't have to go back hundreds of years to find instances of Christians murdering thousands of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies