Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 05:23 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,329,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Zombie thread, but still valid.

What was the outcome?

When I was in school, in the mountains of No. California - EVERYONE had guns in their trucks in the school parking lot. Every truck in those days had a Winchester, or a Remington or a Shotgun in the rack. Some had all three. If you DIDN'T have a gun you were considered disadvantaged, or a wussie.

When I was 16 the truck broke down off road and my friends and I hiked to a main road and HITCHIKED carrying rifles, and a guy picked us up and gave us a ride! LOL

Try that today kids.
Yep. My high school in Southern AZ had a rifle range on campus. We would bring our guns to school in the morning, lock them up at the range and then go to class. Different times...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 05:33 PM

599 posts, read 401,891 times
I feel bad for this kid had he waited until after July,29 2013 he would have been allowed to leave his gun in his truck. House Bill 937 did just that. If it was up to me I would let him go and not charge him as the law literally changed after he was arrested.
North Carolina General Assembly - House Bill 937 Information/History (2013-2014 Session)

Old 10-12-2015, 05:48 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,329,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
I feel bad for this kid had he waited until after July,29 2013 he would have been allowed to leave his gun in his truck. House Bill 937 did just that. If it was up to me I would let him go and not charge him as the law literally changed after he was arrested.
North Carolina General Assembly - House Bill 937 Information/History (2013-2014 Session)
Of course he shouldn't be charged. The law enforcement community has lost its way. The purpose of the law is to protect the rights of the people and at the end of the day INTENT MATTERS. This kid wasn't trying to do anything wrong. He didn't intend to break the law or hurt anyone. He screwed up and left a gun in his truck. Suspend him for a week and tell him to be more careful next time. But permanent suspension and felony charges aren't warranted. Does anyone really believe this kid is a hardened felon who should be in prison and unable to vote for the rest of his life?

Laws are made to protect us. This kid wasn't a threat to anyone, therefore there is nothing here to protect us against. It's simply madness to prosecute this kid.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:29 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,848,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
How would this bill apply to the case of having a shotgun, at a high school, in a truck (presumably locked), but otherwise unsecured?

Old 10-12-2015, 06:31 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,848,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Of course he shouldn't be charged. The law enforcement community has lost its way. The purpose of the law is to protect the rights of the people and at the end of the day INTENT MATTERS. This kid wasn't trying to do anything wrong. He didn't intend to break the law or hurt anyone. He screwed up and left a gun in his truck. Suspend him for a week and tell him to be more careful next time. But permanent suspension and felony charges aren't warranted. Does anyone really believe this kid is a hardened felon who should be in prison and unable to vote for the rest of his life?

Laws are made to protect us. This kid wasn't a threat to anyone, therefore there is nothing here to protect us against. It's simply madness to prosecute this kid.
Just leave out that he lied about what occurred when questioned about it.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:38 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,956,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
Don't lie, everyone knows there weren't trucks in the 1800's. It must have been a horse drawn wagon.
Dear Hyperion... .

Old 10-12-2015, 06:49 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,665,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Dear Hyperion... .

Old 10-12-2015, 07:19 PM

599 posts, read 401,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
How would this bill apply to the case of having a shotgun, at a high school, in a truck (presumably locked), but otherwise unsecured?
This bill made it legal to have a firearm secured in the trunk of a vehicle at any public school and college throughout the state of North Carolina. The bill also permitted the carrying of firearms into restaurants that serve alcohol, parades and playgrounds.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:30 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
His rights were unjustly taken...

The right of the people, to keep..... & bear..... ARMS.
That means he has every right to carry it where ever he goes, and the word people in legal definitions, has no age or gender.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:31 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
If everyone treated everyone nice and politely, no one would ever get shot.... Ask the government, who sets the examples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies