Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2013, 09:13 AM

59,126 posts, read 27,349,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
You totally misread the post you quoted. Ceece is on the side of the kid. Go back and look at their previous posts in this thread. You are jumping on someone who is agreeing with you.

I've always told my kids to be honest no matter what. If you disobey or make a mistake, you may have to face consequences for that, but being honest will not compound that mistake. Clearly integrity isn't valued any more. The kid made a mistake, and he tried to rectify it and was honest.
The principal had no problem showing mercy to the asst. principal for the same mistake, but they threw the book at this honest kid. It's sad.
If Ceece reads this I offer my apologies.

Issues like this makes my blood boil and I don't always read clearly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 09:17 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
There is a big difference between leaving it accidentally in a locked car in a parking lot, and "bringing" it to school.
Saying it's an "accident" usually does not nullify laws.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:23 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Ever hear of criminal intent?

What is CRIMINAL INTENT? definition of CRIMINAL INTENT (Black's Law Dictionary)

Old 05-02-2013, 09:25 AM

13,429 posts, read 9,962,678 times
Quote:
Sure, but usually you have laws that differenciate between accidental and intentional.

For example, there is first degree murder and involuntary manslaughter, but they're both homicide.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:25 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,245,407 times
Justice should be so tough on gang members and career criminals.

Truely the felony charges are the result of the blind rage of an emotional, out of control justice system that is out of ideas on how to 'seve and protect'.

This felony charge will do no one any good. This is truely a witch hunt where the slightest whisper results in a hanging.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:32 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,789,910 times
Quote:
That's true.

Pointing out they are superseded by the U.S. Constitution, nullifies laws.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:36 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Sure, but usually you have laws that differenciate between accidental and intentional.

For example, there is first degree murder and involuntary manslaughter, but they're both homicide.
Sure, and in those cases the sentencing guidlines are differnet. You can speed on the highway and claim you didn't mean it, but you'll still get a ticket. It is what it is. You can't bring guns to school or airplanes even by accident.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:43 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,140,549 times
Is this young man 18? If not he cannot legally own the gun.

Considering the issues our schools have faced with regards to guns I think the school acted appropriately.

I don't think he should face criminal charges however as there was clearly no criminal intent.

The I forgot excuse doesn't work in airports and it shouldn't work at schools either.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:45 AM

13,429 posts, read 9,962,678 times
Quote:
Sure, and in those cases the sentencing guidlines are differnet. You can speed on the highway and claim you didn't mean it, but you'll still get a ticket. It is what it is. You can't bring guns to school or airplanes even by accident.
I realize that. I also realize that it's ridiculous to penalize this kid so harshly. The punishment is hardly equitable to a ticket.

The two can coexist as concepts.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:51 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Is this young man 18? If not he cannot legally own the gun.

Considering the issues our schools have faced with regards to guns I think the school acted appropriately.

I don't think he should face criminal charges however as there was clearly no criminal intent.

The I forgot excuse doesn't work in airports and it shouldn't work at schools either.
If you have a hunting license you can legally carry a shotgun at age 12. Even walk right down the street with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies