Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 01:01 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Yeah, I guess all those Europeans hiding Jews in their closets deserved to be sent to concentration camps when they were caught.

I guess all those slaves who were beaten for trying to escape to the North deserved those beatings.

I mean - they were breaking the law, ya know? Don't do the crime if you can't do the time, right? And the government is always right, too.
I guess you missed the part where the entire story is not simply unfounded but an out and out lie?
Hmmmm?

Try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Western governments and societies have only recently (in the totality of history) moved past barbaric practices, such as beheadings and burnings and Iron Maidens and beds of nails, etc. Ever been to one of the many Torture Museums in Europe?

Anyway - thankfully, for the most part, we HAVE moved past those times. That's why brutality such as religious persecution, stonings, beheadings, etc shock us. Let's just remember - our ancestors were guilty of the same actions, regardless of their religious views. Such actions were sanctioned by "civilized" governments.

And the recent history of the 20th century should show very clearly that we Westerners are not above a bit of brutality ourselves.

Perspective, folks. Historical perspective.

That doesn't make any of it right, however.
Yet what the OP posted never happened.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:03 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Gotta love the libs trying to tie Christianity to this alleged barbarity.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:06 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Is Obama forcing someone, who is Christian, to use birth control? Or was the Christians imposing their ideologies and denying birth control benefits to those who need it?
I honestly believe that there are quite a few people who do not understand the difference.

In their minds making something available to anyone who chooses to avail themselves is a greater evil than telling EVERYONE that they can't do it at all.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:12 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Looks to me they are not practicing what Jesus said.....thou shall not kill, these people can't even read so who exactly over their is telling them lies. Isn't there more voodoo going on with Christianity added in?
Another one who apparently removed the Old Testament from the Bible.

Exodus 22:18 -

18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

So, Leviticus yes, Exodus no?

Seems like an awful lot of Christians are picking and choosing how to follow God's word.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:44 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
Default I wish this story was false---

Saudi celebrity cleric who raped and murdered daughter, five, claimed he injured her because he doubted she was a virgin | Mail Online

Saudi celebrity cleric who raped and murdered his daughter, five, claimed he injured her because he doubted she was a virgin

Lama al-Ghamdi's back was broken and she had been raped and burned
She died in October from her injuries after seven months in hospital
Fayhan al-Ghamdi admitted using a cane and cables to inflict the horrific injuries after doubting his daughter's virginity
Saudi Arabia's Royal Family believed to have blocked al-Ghamdi's release

Old 05-06-2013, 01:55 PM

796 posts, read 1,162,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Gotta love the libs trying to tie Christianity to this alleged barbarity.
I know... They never been to an Islamic nation to appreciate Christian majority countries

Old 05-06-2013, 01:58 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Saudi celebrity cleric who raped and murdered daughter, five, claimed he injured her because he doubted she was a virgin | Mail Online

Saudi celebrity cleric who raped and murdered his daughter, five, claimed he injured her because he doubted she was a virgin

Lama al-Ghamdi's back was broken and she had been raped and burned
She died in October from her injuries after seven months in hospital
Fayhan al-Ghamdi admitted using a cane and cables to inflict the horrific injuries after doubting his daughter's virginity
Saudi Arabia's Royal Family believed to have blocked al-Ghamdi's release

This is called the dumb-donkey game.

Preacher killed wife, stuffed body in freezer, police say - CNN.com

There are lunatics in every religion.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:19 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Christians want to deny the Old Testament, the history of the Christian Church, and modern day events that were born out of the Christian faith such as:

-Pray instead of seeking medical help for their children. WPEC-TV CBS12 News :: News - Top Stories - Couple loses second child to illness after praying instead of seeking medical help

-Severe and deadly discipline under the "spare the rod and spoil the child" Christian policy. Video: Spare the rod, spoil the child, part 2 – Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs

Can't recall ever reading anything about not taking a child to a doctor or beating a child in the New Testament.

Matthew 1 NIV - The Genealogy of Jesus the Messiah - Bible Gateway

Old 05-06-2013, 03:04 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,856,597 times
Very sad and bizarre!!!!!

I have heard ppl say RELIGION CAUSES MORE PROBLEMS THAN ANYTHING and wheni read stories like this I am reminded of that!!

Very sad

Old 05-06-2013, 03:07 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,437,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Very sad and bizarre!!!!!

I have heard ppl say RELIGION CAUSES MORE PROBLEMS THAN ANYTHING and wheni read stories like this I am reminded of that!!

Very sad
What are you talking about, the picture of a shredded hand from 2010 that was first said to be a paper shredder accident, and this year has become a bible picture. . .

Even for a paper shredder accident it looks fake. . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies